Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris

Thanks Ling Since Pepper is looking good - I think I will use CHRIS as my new avatar!!! How good did he sound and look in that Ford Commercial --- LOVE HIM!!!

I think he did good last night, but I wasn't as hyped by it as everyone else... personally I thought the music was too much, and his voice wasn't enough... Dont get me wrong his voice was amazing, but it was drowned out by the volume of the music...

I dont know I thought he was good last night but not the best....

OVERALL THOUGH I really like him! So thats a good thing!

I am beginning to think that I don't want Chris to win this thing - or he will suffer the same fate as BO did with his first album. I think he's in a league of his own - he is a musical talent and I love his voice as well.

I think the winner of this competition should be someone more like a Katharine, Elliot or Mandisa --- they may not ever have the chance if they don't do well here.

I don't know though -- he's still my favorite and I think what he did to Walk the Line was MUSICALLY brilliant! I think that it's possible not to like his voice (not sure how, but I digress), but I think it's just not possible to discredit his musical talents overall!

I told you, he needs to go joing Fuel!
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

I agree Erika. I don't think he's going to win and it would be a blessing to his career if he didn't win. He could then be more dependent and do his own thing. Instead of having to always carry around the title "American Idol Winner". Which for Rockers I don't think they want that title. Bo didn't want to win AI. Althought I want Kellie to win, it's probably going to end up being Paris or Kathrine.

Ever since last year, the Rockers were never really on my list of favorites. But then I ended up liking Constatine and Bo. When this season started, I was like "Not another Rocker!" I was always in denial and never wanted to support Chris (even though I knew he was one of the best males in the competition).

Now, I eat my words! His performance tonight made me a fan ! He knows how to choose songs and sing them well. Also, they're just enjoyable to listen to - GREAT recording voice! My favorite male and now one of my bets to win (if Katharine doesn't make it to the end *knocks on wood* )
    Please get a copy of Kat McPhee's album IN STORES NOW!...

Ok - another reason I like Chris

I think he is so smart!!! Hello, Walk the Line was just a huge movie all about Johnny Cash and last week it was released on DVD -- there is no way he's leaving -- SMART COOKIE!!

Achievements

I don't see how singing a newly released movie song would help him other than that would promote the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Erika
    what he did to Walk the Line was MUSICALLY brilliant! I think that it's possible not to like his voice (not sure how, but I digress), but I think it's just not possible to discredit his musical talents overall!
    Except, from what I read elsewhere, it was a direct ripoff from another artist. Just like last week with the "chili peppers"... I don't remember which band, but I'll check and get back.

I really like Chris's voice and his sound, and I think it's fine if he wants to do another band's version of a song... but when it gets ugly is when he is quite happy to take credit for an arrangement that isn't his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Swim4life107
    I don't see how singing a newly released movie song would help him other than that would promote the movie.
    Well, here's my theory (and mind you it's just what I am thinking):

We are American Idol fanatics - you don't want to admit, it's ok - I will :D But, there is a large segment of the population that don't watch it and disect it like we do. Those people they may have just tuned in briefly last night, or even for the first time might see Chris singing a "new and current" version of Walk the Line and think, oh yeah, that was a good movie, just saw it - Johnny Cash is golden.....Let me get into this American Idol craze and vote for this guy.

Now, this is all conjecture, to be sure, but right now Johnny Cash and his music are about the most popular 50's artists out there........I would have said the same thing LAST year if anyone picked a RAY CHARLES song - since RAY was so big a film. It's all about what's in the media right now. I can't see how arranging and singing Johnny Cash could do anything but get him more votes.......

Just my theory

Quote Originally Posted by toque
    Except, from what I read elsewhere, it was a direct ripoff from another artist. Just like last week with the "chili peppers"... I don't remember which band, but I'll check and get back.

I really like Chris's voice and his sound, and I think it's fine if he wants to do another band's version of a song... but when it gets ugly is when he is quite happy to take credit for an arrangement that isn't his own.
    Oh, if that's true then - ughhh - why wouldn't he give the other arrangers credit Last week he totally admitted that was a Chili Peppers verison - I can only hope that it's just a rumor

It was the band Live and Chris did give them credit when talking to Barry Manilow. The editors decided it didn't need to make the show. In now way did Chris take credit for this version, eventhough he and Barry did change the arrangement of the words.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Achievements

Where did you read that Chris gave Live credit? He certainly didn't do it in the live show, which is what I would have done if the judges were praising me and I knew the credit belonged elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    Where did you read that Chris gave Live credit? He certainly didn't do it in the live show, which is what I would have done if the judges were praising me and I knew the credit belonged elsewhere.
    I can't remember, but it was during his time with Barry. Obviously, the band had sheet music, so it wasn't his original. The producers really screwed him there. I wouldn't be surprised if its mentioned on Tuesday's show.

Achievements

Hmm, it is interesting. Sometimes I just wish we could take all the controversy out of Idol and just enjoy the dang show, grrr.

I know. Its pretty obvious already that the producers want a final two of Chris/Kelly, so they're trying to make Chris look really original and its backfiring on Chris. This show is about people doing covers of other people's original songs; its not about finding the next great songwriter. None of them are extremely original IMO.

Thanks for the info, Ling!

Aly, I agree, but the if the producers of this show want controversy (ratings) they'll do it. *blows rasperberries at them*

Well I am just voting for Chris Unless someone else really out does him! I think he's AWESOME - not one of the females this year can compare --- he's in a different league (just like Simon said).
    Simon said the same thing to Mandisa and Paris.

On another note, he'd be better off taking the deal he was offered, but unless he pulls a Mario, I don't see him being voted off.
    If you never lead teh pack, the view never changes.

Achievements

He won't be voted off. He's a finale lock.

Well, here's my theory (and mind you it's just what I am thinking):

We are American Idol fanatics - you don't want to admit, it's ok - I will :D But, there is a large segment of the population that don't watch it and disect it like we do. Those people they may have just tuned in briefly last night, or even for the first time might see Chris singing a "new and current" version of Walk the Line and think, oh yeah, that was a good movie, just saw it - Johnny Cash is golden.....Let me get into this American Idol craze and vote for this guy.
    I'm sure that's just when America voted last Tuesday that was exactly their thought process.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast