Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Taylor Swift

I'm not feeling any of these songs. I'm hoping Cruel Summer comes and saves it for me

lover is the best song so far and thats on period, luvs

Lover is definitely better and more mature than the first two singles

Our youths were analogous, yet our lives are distinct - At Cafe 6
    If you don’t complete certain things now, you may never get the chance again - Island Etude

SURVIVOR WINNER RANKING
      Spoiler:  

Sandra 2 - Tina - Denise - Tom - Chris D - Danni - Rich - Sandra 1 - Todd - JT
    Kim - Natalie W - Earl - Tyson - Brian - Parv - Natalie A - Nick - Tony - Yul
    Aras - V -Jeremy -Adam -Wendell -Sarah -Mike -Sophie
    -Michele -Bob
    Fabio -Ethan -Jenna - Chris U - John -Ben
    -Amber -Rob

I can't believe we're getting the album tonight. I really hope there are some good songs, because these tracks aren't doing it for me.

So it has leaked.

I liked Cruel Summer (It's literally Getaway Car), Miss Americana, Paper Rings, Cornelia Street (Reminds me of Delicate), London Boy, Daylight. Overall, it's quite underwhelming. Even the tracks I liked, weren't exactly amazing or new from her.

This album is nothing new though. It's pretty much 1989/ the lighter moments of Reputation. Like I could literally match most tracks on this album to their Taylor discography counterpart.

A rebel with a halo gui1004paulo's Avatar

Achievements

IA 100% ^

I have listened to the whole album once today. But I have to listen to it a few more times, to have a conclusion but I did love a few songs already, some very catchy and some very beautiful. And ofc, some are really uncessary... I think the album has too many songs, and a few are very... once again, unecessary, imo.

Prada gate no more
    *September 21st 2017*
    the day rtv will never forget.

lover mv is throwback to wanegbt

If you don’t complete certain things now, you may never get the chance again - Island Etude

SURVIVOR WINNER RANKING
      Spoiler:  

-Michele -Bob
    -Amber -Rob

I'd say I'm super far from a Taylor Swift fan, but this is her best album to me.

"Soon You'll Get better" feels absolutely unnecessary to me.

1 The weakest opening track of all her albums, I will forget its existence.
    2 Getaway Car Part II.
    3 The best love song from this album.
    4 Sounds like Tennis Court. #Empowerment #Single4
    5 This is the peak of the album tbh.
    6 Sounds like a funk-pop song from the late 00s to early 10s that I can't recall.
    7 Reminiscent of 1989 era. Dislike the "stupid games stupid prizes" line and the cheerleader shouts, but a pretty sick beat and politically poetic lyrics in an educational setting.
    8 Sounds like ME! and must have be inspired by Karmin. I can picture this appearing in many commercials.
    9 Delicate Part II.
    10 Filler.
    11 Filler. More cliche than Welcome to New York. Only saving grace was the panic! at the disco reference.
    12 Underwhelming, was expecting more Dixie Chicks presence but it ended up like the Civil War's presence in Safe and Sound.
    13 The staple slow burn, but the steamiest of all.
    14 Rather out of place and inconsistent with the ambiance of the album, but this being her first openly political song is not a bad effort.
    15 I wished this would slow down a bit. Sounds like a single.
    16 The weakest first single she's ever released.
    17 Probably the oddest song she's created. Was waiting for some kind of climax but it never dropped. Still an earworm.
    18 Reminds me of Clean. Decent closing track hinting the end/beginning of another era (re-recording the first five albums).

Half of the songs are concrete evidence of her songwriting abilities, which has made a comeback after 1989 and reputation, while half of them are cheesy love songs. The use of autotune is still significant and the length is too long, but as a whole, the albums sounds like an afternoon-evening drive in a early fall.
    After two listens: Red>Fearless>Speak Now>Reputation>1989>Lover>TS

SURVIVOR WINNER RANKING
      Spoiler:  

-Michele -Bob
    -Amber -Rob

Took another few listens and this is my ranking

1 False god
    2 MAATHP
    3 lover
    4 daylight
    5 the archer
    6 Cornelia street
    7 it’s nice to have friends
    8 the man
    9 YNTCD
    10 afterglow
    11 cruel summer
    12 soon you’ll get better
    13 I forgot you existed
    14 i think he knows
    15 London boy
    16 death by a thousand cuts
    17 paper rings
    18 Me!

i totally love "I forgot you existed" and "false god"!

The altar is my hips

I DID NOT expect such sexual lyrics coming from her. She must have taken a page out of Cupcakke

SURVIVOR WINNER RANKING
      Spoiler:  

-Michele -Bob
    -Amber -Rob

This album did not impress me like her previous albums. But i do like the Fearless/Speak Now vibe.

Favorite song is Cruel summer. Some other are not very memorable

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

cured my depression

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051