Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mallikoulu - Season 3 - Episode recaps

EPISODE 7

(we're caught up now mates!)

Fyi, Nette's Tresemme commercial was shown again before this episode started as an ad, and she doesn't even say her own lines in it. It's dubbed over by a man. So, kinda pointless for them to do lines wasn't it.

The girls met with Jenni and Vesa right in the morning... TO SPEAK THE ENTIRE DAY IN ENGLISH. Or well, probably not entire day, but Vesa wanted to give them a lesson on how they can express themselves in English once they go for the international route. He made sure the girls could become memorable in 30 seconds. Nette probably has the least vocabulary to speak in English and explain herself. Maya got rewarded by some wallet because her English was pretty decent and she took part in explaining herself pretty well too. Winner of this little challenge was Amanda and won a handbag (don't even know why because what she keeps saying is "I'm the best girl with best attitude", whilst Petra gave like this little speech on being international and all.)
    Next they did some walk training. And everyone had improved and practiced before. So Vesa gave them some advice on what they still could do. Maya and Nette are now less stiff than they used to, and obviously Amanda got told how to make herself look more taller.

Girls went to meet Laila Snellman at the Paparazzi offices with their booker Claudia (actually last name Snellman so heeeyyy). They were getting interviewed and once again measured and were also going to get some polaroids taken. They were getting asked what sets them apart from the others and what they like about modelling. Claudia was basically telling Nette and Petra they are way too sporty build for modelling and they need to have their body changed into more fitting for modelling. Maya was apparently deer in the headlights when they were doing some introduction video. They told Eveliina has the best measurements of the bunch but apparently having muscles is not a good thing (picky pricks). She got told if she was being difficult about such little photo session, she would be sent home from real clients. Amanda keeps saying she uses her attitude as a thing to compensate for her height.

Girls were having a photo shoot for once and they were doing it for a S Oliver catalog. (Also a hot photographer, excuse you!!!) All of them were doing 2 outfits that were basically from 3 different collections and it required them to do 2 sort of personalities for the shoot. As usual Amanda was doing a great job and totally compensates her height with everything else she does. Nette on the other hand seemed to have gotten stuck on just one face despite doing a laugh in the midst. Petra has started to show off more personality but she was bland during the photo shoot. Maya is real loved by every person that gets on her way, but she seems to look a little worried plenty of times. Eveliina, Eveliina, Eveliina. Giiiirl. She is apparently a snail, who works slowly as heck and that's a BIG problem.

Judging panel
    Eveliina: Beautiful, but doesn't move well. Seemed like they had been trained in front of the mirror. Can't be slow and certainly can't be giving anyone else on the set instructions. Plus seems kind of like a perfectionist, who should rely more on the opinions and advice of the people on the set.
    Amanda: Fun to work with and listens well. Judges are just praising her and her work ethic and her personality.
    Petra: Seemed stiff but works it out in the end. They commented on the fact she started crying after meeting Laila, which was only her nerves kicking in.
    Nette: Had few basic poses and face was repeatable. The light does not do good for her face at some times because her eyes are so deep in her head. Her face works more for the editorial shots than catalog.
    Maya: Nervous and stressed at first, but after the shoot actually started it was easy to go through. Apparently needs some trickery or that kind in her eyes when she does the smiling photos.

Amanda and Maya were top girls of the week. Amanda had the best attitude and was great to work with, whilst Maya had the best photo.

Girls still in the running: Maya, Amanda and Petra
    Bottom 2: Nette and Eveliina
    Eliminated: N E T T E

Basically she got eliminated, because her photo wasn't great and they based their opinion on how the girls worked at the photo shoot and how it turned out.

To be honest, I think they are bedding the victory for Eveliina... .Just by listening to the comments of the main booker of Paparazzi. The comments in general seem to be "She has all the 'genetics' (meaning bone structure and body) in her favour" and the only criticism seem to be about her being not that great a walker and perhaps being a little bit too muscular. With Eveliina they seem to emphasize her positives, mostly forgetting everything that work against her - they seem to see her walk as something that they will work around eventually and which doesn't hinder her advantages. They do complement other girls (especially Amanda and Maya) for some things, but they do "excuse" Eveliina the most, and downplay everything she seems to be doing worse than the others.

IMHO the top 2 will be Eveliina and Maya and Eveliina will win. That's not what I would necessarily choose, but that's how I think this will turn out...

EPISODE 8

Good to notice once again that this Mallikoulu introduction clip before the intro basically has been spoiling top 3 the entire season. WHOEVER EDITED THIS, GET YOUR **** TOGETHER, REALLY.

Anne popped by the house to tell girls about how to handle with publicity. Apparently the Finnish media is a lot tamer than others and there is always someone trying to find negative things about them. And apparently the girls should not be reading any forums. (HA!)

They also had the chance to talk with Anne alone about whatever they wanted. Amanda and Anne discussed was there anything else she wanted to do than modelling, she was set on finishing high school and that she would like to study something later on but unsure what. Anne was real impressed that despite Amanda's young age she was really clear on how things should be done towards modelling (starting from Finland and going international if possible). Maya wanted to ask Anne are there any questions in the modelling world that the model always needs to have an answer for. But the answers Anne gave were more about what they would ask about the competition and why is she there. Eveliina asked about why is she forced to bring out her personality even if she is being herself out there. Anne told that constant busy schedules could affect on losing themselves and that being pretty would be more of a thing than personality (EH HEM). Petra was apparently real adorable in Anne's mind when meeting face to face. She also was talking about personality, but they would need to figure out how to work on her quietness for international markets.

Girls had a meeting with the client of Marimekko at their factory. They had to do a photo shoot along with some speech challenge where they had to show off the Marimekko woman. The speech was also them telling some personal challenge in their life. The photographer didn't want any model mannerisms out of them, not posing whatsoever. She wanted them to be really natural and apparently this also meant being mostly in place. There also needed to be a really confident look on their face throughout. Maya's photo shoot went real well and she got told her body was in connection with her face. Petra said there was a lot of thigns to concentrate on because there were so many elements to think of. The photographer caught attention on Eveliina, but she was not too into her during the photo shoot because she was really stiff and kinda scared looking. Amanda's big challenge was not being able to pose for the shoot, because she is so used to move around in the set. The video speech was just a little silly. Eveliina was stiff like a plank and dead in the eyes and Amanda did not speak any naturally. Maya and Petra seemed to be a bit more natural, but you know all these girls speak so weirdly with "like" "you know" being constantly used in their vocabulary.

On the judging panel along with Anne and Vesa there was also Laila again and Marimekko's designer Mika Piirainen.

Amanda: The photo was beautiful because it brings out the dress. She has the icy eyes, but they still could feel warmth in the stare. They were also impressed with the video and started to get a little teary eyed because her speech was great. Not to mention she only needed one shot to take the video, and the designer said maybe it would have been better to do it again to get more feeling into it.
    Maya: Calm looking photo, selling photo for all the clothing and the accessories, and also utter perfection. The designer would like to send her to Japan straight up. She's no longer cute little girl, but that she has become a woman.
    Eveliina: LONG ASS SILENCE. Designer though said her photo is fantastic and that he liked the little weird smirk. Vesa was thinking she was drunk for the shot. Laila said she needs to relax more and then she would do better. She had seemed to give so much more of her for the video than the shoot.
    Petra: Apparently nice thing was her eyebrows continued the print of the shirt. She also looks different in person than in the photo (what). The designer was more pleased with the live version of her. Vesa was talking about her needing to find some angles that work for her bone structure. Her video was sympathetic, because it was more personal sounding than the rest.

Maya was the best of the shoot, and she was like professional model for the shoot.

They went straight to elimination from telling who was still in the competition.
    Eliminated: PETRA

EPISODE 9: LONDON CALLING

Previous episode Petra was eliminated right before the top 3 was heading to international destination. You want to know what this place is? The fashion weeks were going on the exact time that this trip was happening, which meant they kept teasing the girls on will they go to Paris or Milan or what... But nope, LONDON IT IS.

After some sight seeing around London, girls went to see Jenni at the hotel to find out what their plan for the day was. The news was that they would need to go practice their walk a little bit, because there would be a chance they could walk for the PPQ show. This totally meant that they would need to impress stylist Calvin Opaleye with their walks in order to get their spot on the show. Vesa said there could be a chance only one gets to walk the show, or two, or none of them. But guess what... Calvin Opaleye let all three walk the show. He thought they'd real great and he really likes Amanda a lot. All three have to practice their walk a little still, but he said as long as they keep doing modelling work, it will become more natural for them. When the time came for practice run of the runway, Eveliina was having so much trouble and her walk was real stiff because her shoes were too big for her.

Next day they had a client meeting. Vesa and Jenni would follow the meetings, but they would not help them in any way. The meeting was with Simone Rommelaars who told they'd be walking in some of her outfits, she would take some photos as well. AAAAAAAAAAAAAND, whoever she thought was the best would be able to walk as the opener in Garcia Jeans summer fashion show in Holland. (HEY, WHERE AND WHEN IS THIS. MAYBE I CAN GO.) Basically Vesa said this was the moment the girls needed to show everything they had learned from the judges.Amanda and Maya were both Simone's favorites. She told Eveliina she needs more practice and that she was still a bit too insecure, Maya was the more natural one whilst Amanda is more fitting for the brand because it's more Mediterranean and they use darker haired models. This meant Amanda was chosen as the winner.

After the casting was done, Jenni and Vesa told the girls would be meeting Kate Moss's agent at Storm. They decided to put the girls on the subway to find their own way to the modelling agency, and they had two hours to do this. Maya was the one asking for help from everyone to get through where they needed to go. Amanda was first to go in and she was having trouble speaking English, because she was trying to explain tell she would be walking for Garcia Jeans. They said she is still young and can grow as a person and all, to be more composed at the interviews as well. Eveliina could do shows in London because she got the show body and long legs, that was also basically only comment she was getting, but they said later she was the most interesting one (reberr comment: to be fair, I think she has a longer torso than legs. you can see it from so many angles, so I don't understand this long leg loving at all). Maya had nice energy and could work with a lot of clients, beautiful face and can do do anything in editorial and with money clients.

Jenni and Vesa appeared at the girls' hotel room all of a sudden. They came to tell that Vesa has been in contact with rest of the judges back in Finland, and they have decided to eliminate one of the girls right here and there. They based their elimination on the entire competition, how they did in London and how Storm reacted to them. This of course meant that Eveliina got the cut.

This means our final 2 is:
    AMANDA AND MAYA

Great recaps reberr

I already gotta mention now that the finale recap is going to take a while due busy schedule. pretty sure Melly and huffam will update you on the winner on Sunday night though. and you know you can watch the episode yourself at katsomo.fi (not working through chrome), I'm just basically providing translation

I will update everyone about the winner already: Maya :D (just kidding of course). I have a hunch though that it will be her, as they keep harping on Amanda's height in every episode... then again, I thought they would select Eveliina as winner earlier, so what do I know...

Actually I do kinda hope it will be Maya. Someone said she is too prom-queenish, which I agree in a way as she is super cute, but she is also more versatile of the two in shoots IMHO - and she's that little bit taller. Amanda has performed better so far, though and she has better walk.

telkku.com uses Amanda as the image for tomorrow's episode. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Banned
    I think Maya won?

EPISODE 10: AND THE WINNER IS...

Let's face it, we all know who won. Or at least I do, the Finnish people do. So I am not so overly excited over this recap now, even though she was totally my favorite girl on the show. Actually, the both girls on final 2 were my absolute favorites, so whatever happened, I'd have still been underwhelmed. This show doesn't get same kind of crazy feel as Finland's Next Top Model would. ANYWAY, LET'S MOVE ONTO THE RECAP AND NOT MY RAMBLES.

Eveliina got basically kicked out of their hotel room in London in the last episode, so this means we only got Amanda and Maya left in the competition. This also means another day and another task in London to do. They met with Jenni and Vesa and they went to a studio to get photo shoot done. They'd be doing a beauty shot where they'd basically only wear some scarves as tops. The girls knew that they'd need to bring it more facially this time because there would be no much space to move or even point to move way too much. They knew it would be more about showing off the bone structure, doing stuff with their eyes.

The photographer said Maya was very bubbly, she is the whole package and very easy to work with. She also would do well all around internationally. He didn't want to believe that Amanda was only 16 at the time. He also said she surprised her, because she is like one of those girls you can see walking down the street and not realize she is a model, but on set it's like magic happens. Both girls got asked what had the show meant for them. Maya said the show had made it more clear to her that she wanted to become a model and she was determined to work hard. Amanda said this is where she belongs because she is good at this and this is the place where she gets to transform and be whatever she wants.

AFTER THIS SHOOT IT WAS TIME TO GET BACK TO FINLAND (I want to get back to Finland, I'm jealous of these two). Only Jenni left with the girls, as Vesa decided it was time for him to stay home in London and get back to work. He also said he would be excited with either one of them winning. But of course he wasn't going to stay away from the actual finale, which seems to have taken place on the same day as the final cast announcements were made, because they were exactly dressed the same for their interviews as they were during that day.

Rest of the cast was invited to be there that day too. Of course because, eh hem, actual cast announcement day. They were showing each one of them and asking them what were their feelings after leaving the show and what they may be doing in the future after this show. I have not missed most of these girls and their "like... you know... like..." talk. Sorrrryyyyyyyy. Also, Laila Snellman said "today we are crowning the girl who is taking after Suvi". UUUUHHHH YOU DID ANOTHER SEASON OF THIS SHOW BEFORE, DID YOU FORGET ABOUT THAT? Not to mention, you can't know yet is the winner going to be as successful as Suvi, so no comparisons lady!

Who are the other girls' winner predictions?
    Nette: Amanda, because she is shortest girl in the house (EH HEM VERA), but she got the biggest attitude.
    Eveliina: Maya, because she has been doing well all season.
    Sofia: Maya, because better attitude and better in taking critique.
    Vera: Amanda, because she has experience and more will.

Judging panel was them walking through a runway all by themselves and then seeing their journey through the season where they are right now, followed with their beauty shot.
    Maya: Vesa said the first time he saw her, he knew she had that something, but he would have never believed it would be as great as what he was seeing right now. She has deep, intensive and mysterious eyes in her beauty shot and has good attitude because she also listens. Anne also mentioned the worried look she has a plenty of times and that she should just stop worrying and enjoy from now on.
    Amanda: Nice swag as Anne said. Vesa said in London she was everyone's favorite, so with her being shorter she had broken some rules of needing to be tall. Because she was not going to let that bother her and she was going to do what she knows how to do. They were also saying she is going to definitely have a nice career in modelling as long as she works hard. She is also memorable person, and that's why she gets booked for shows and other things.

Reberr comments: through what I saw on the journey videos, it was kind of clear Maya had gone through more bigger transformation of becoming what she is right now, whilst Amanda has been acing it since the beginning.

As another thing the judges said Maya listens well and does her job well too. She also knows how to transform into many things. With Amanda it was about her being short, but still showing off to everyone else, and still being the best runway girl on the show.

So, time to announce the winner then? Let it be known I have been watching this episode for almost two hours, because I've been having a chats on the side so I'm dozing off with this episode by this time. FINALLY IT'S COMING TO AN END. Or finally and finally. May shed a little tear now?

Before the announcement, the girls got a nice little video greeting from Suvi Riggs. Short and sweet, and now is the time for the girls to have an heart attack...

AND THE WINNER OF MODEL SCHOOL 3 IS:
    M A Y A

They chose her as the winner, because she had more potential for the Finnish markets, as well as the international ones. They saw her as more transformational girl. Her beauty shot was also stronger than the other girl's, and that photo had the kind of a face that showed her determination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12