Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The AusNTM Rankings of BitchCassidy

I actually really loved Cycle 2 as well. For a cycle with a ton of delicious tackiness, the girls were entertaining, there were enough decently modelesque girls to make up for the filler, and the photoshoots were actually quite good (honestly I prefer them to this season's and pretty much all of cycle 8's). If I were ranking I would probably put it ahead of Cycle 7 and Cycle 9, just because it had more entertainment value to me.

ITA^ the photoshoots were really quite amazing for being only the 2nd cycle. i'd put the photoshoots ahead of 1, 4, 8 and 9

RPDRAS: Alyssa, Detox, Tatianna

AusNTM: Jessie, Jordan, Sabine, Vitoria

Definitely.

Like this shot alone is greater than anything Cycle 9 has produced so far, even with its considerably higher budget. I would take better shoots over a girl having a 12 hour appearance on Kim Kardashian's instagram any day.

So true. Hoping to update soon, but there's a photo of a girl i'm specifically looking for and it's impossible to find so if anyone wants to post all the photos from c2 that'd be cool haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suppletangerine View Post
    Definitely.

Like this shot alone is greater than anything Cycle 9 has produced so far, even with its considerably higher budget. I would take better shoots over a girl having a 12 hour appearance on Kim Kardashian's instagram any day.
    OMFGG Yes Probably in my top 10 photos of this show!

The shoots for cycle two are here btw: http://www.australiasntm.all-antm.net/index.php?cat=4
    I'm sure there's better quality photos out there somewhere, not sure where though.

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

YES this season 2 REDEMPTION!

The shoots were simply AMAZING, I loved them all.

They really had so much creativity and great photography back then.

Season 2 is also in my top-3 seasons of AusNTM easily.

^^Yeah I wish they had better quality of the beach shots because it's one of my favorite beach shoots on an NTM.

I feel like AusNTM 2 put the franchise in the limelight for NTM fans, and then Cycle 3 (despite having a generally weaker cast save Alice, Sophie, and Paloma) was when AusNTM came to be considered the best. Personally I find the low-budget aspects of Cycle 2 charming, and I like how candid some of these earlier cycles were compared to how totally contrived everything feels in Cycle 9.

Anyway, keep up the ranking BitchCassidy! I'm really enjoying it.

Banned
    This season deserves HQs

Spoiler:  

close-ups:

Thank you guys for the feedback! and a special thank you to gamezantonio1 for posting the photos! Updating tonight!

Spoiler:  
    #6 Caroline Mouflard

Caroline reminds of Allana from cycle 1 in many ways. They’re both blonde, the other girls thought their boobs were fake, they were hated by the other girls, and they both quit the competition right after being saved over another girl in the bottom 2. Although there was a lot of hate going around between the girls in cycle 2, Caroline was probably the most hated by her room mates and for good reason. When she wasn’t bragging, she was complaining. “I had a priveleged life”, “I’ve been to a couple red carpet events”, “Olivia Newton-John is my auntie but don’t tell anyone even though I brought a picture of her for everyone to see!” She got on my nerves almost every time she opened her mouth. When she got her makeover, she cried and was upset that Jessica won the challenge award for having the best attitude because Caroline thought that she had the most drastic makeover. All they did to her hair was trim it and maybe straighten it yet she threw a fit while Jessica didn’t complain even as she got one of the worst makeovers I’ve seen. Caroline was a huge brat and needed to have the attention on her at all times. She accused Carl the hairdresser of hitting on her though there’s no proof because we never saw it happen. None of the girls believed her either. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but there’s more proof that it didn’t. She was in the center of all the drama and then suddenly she decided to quit. She claimed that it was because she needed to focus on her studies to go to law school but I suspect that she just didn’t want to get eliminated. She wanted to leave on her own terms. So she left.

If I disliked Caroline so much then why is she ranked so high? While she reminded me a lot of Allana, Caroline had something Allana didn’t which was one of the better looks and an okay portfolio. She was definitely one of the better blondes this cycle so I wouldn’t count her as filler since clearly she was memorable. She was pretty, I liked the color blonde she had and her freckles made her a little more special. Her portfolio was alright, there weren’t any bad photos. Her black and white emotions picture is her best; she looks gorgeous in it. The judges disliked her circus photo but I liked it actually.

Post show, Caroline had a couple test shots but that’s really it. I wonder if she’s a lawyer now lol

I was torn when it came to Caroline. On one hand, her personality was unbearable but on the other hand, she had one of the better looks this cycle. I think she quit at about the right time because #6 is where she lands here.

Spoiler:  
    #5 Louise Van Brussel

Coming in at #5 would be Louise. Louise was an interesting case to me, for her personality was kind of all over the place. At times, she was extremely insecure. We couldn’t go through one photoshoot with her questioning herself or asking the photographer what to do. Then she never liked her photos. But then there were other times where she talked about how everyone thinks she can kick the other girls’ asses. So what’s the truth? I think that Louise was more vain than she came across. She seemed to be constantly fishing for compliments. I think she wanted to hear that she was the best. She reminded me of Giselle from ANTM C1 in the way that their “insecure” personalities were a lot more annoying than they were endearing. They didn’t seem geninely insecure if that makes any sense. There was something about Louise that I just didn’t like. She said she was neutral and didn’t want to be part of the drama yet she always had something to say about the other girls. She seemed like a follower to me. Like she needed approval from everyone. She gave up during every challenge, her mouth was always wide open, and she was very negative and fake all the time. Her personality was not one that I cared for.

Just like Caroline, while I didn’t like Louise’s personality, her look and portfolio were quite strong. She looked great with red hair though she of course complained about that. Not only did her hair make her unique from the other girls but her mole also made her stand out. For someone who claimed to have no idea how to model, she sure lucked into a lot of good shots throughout her time in the competition. Her best is obviously her swimsuit shot but I also quite like her soccer spread and her nude with diamonds photos.

Post show, Louise took a few test shots but that’s really it.

Louise is another one of those girls who I didn’t really like but makes it this far because her look just happened to be better than the girls ranked before her. There’s nothing else to really say about her so here she is ranked at #5 just like she was on the show.

Spoiler:  
    #4 Jessica French

Sometimes I feel one way toward a contestant my first time watching and then upon rewatch, my view completely changes. Jessica, coming in at #4, was that contestant for me. When I first watched cycle 2, I hated Jessica. It was already disappointing that Eboni was in the top 2 but to learn that Jessica of all people was the other half of the top 2 was something that I just couldn’t understand. I thought she completely sucked in every way-personality, portfolio and look. Then once I got to rewatch cycle 2 a couple of times, I began to see what everyone else saw in Jess. She was one of the quieter girls but very well spoken and intelligent, as we saw when she won the challenge where the girls had to mingle with people like Alex Perry and Cleo editer, Nedahl Stelio at a party. She really impressed Nedahl with her vast knowledge of her career with Cleo. I really like when contestants actually have knowledge in fashion and magazines (since you know, that’s the career they’re going for) and I appreciated that Jess did. Jessica also seemed to be very sensitive. Whenever she was delt with confrontation, she’d kind of freak out. She had a panic attack later on in the cycle which like Gemma before her, made me really feel for Jess. You’re surrounded by cameras and bitchy girls all day, away from friends and family and stressed out beyond belief for 3 months just so you can achieve your dream. I think it’d be weird for a girl to not freak out. And it’s not like her anxiety/depression was a hinderance to her performance on the show so I think she handled it very well. I also liked her semi-friendship with Madeleine and thought it was cool that she had a small crush on her and stated that she’d “go there” if she didn’t have a boyfriend. It gave Jess that alternative edge that interested me.

Jessica’s look is one that I still haven’t completely warmed up to. While I used to think she was absolutely hideous, I’ve come to appreciate her for what she was. She was the alternative, high fashion girl among a cycle full of blonde bombshells and that made her special. I think I’d like her face a lot more if she had a different nose. Her nose was just too big, too long, too mishapen for my taste. Also, I thought she was given a terrible makeover. I have never and will never like or understand the short bob with bangs that NTM likes to give these girls (Brittani and Saleisha ANTM, Lauren NZNTM just to name a few). Just because a girl is high fashion doesn’t mean she needs a weird and unversatile hair cut. Jess also needed to lose some weight as well. Her portfolio was fairly strong. I love how she looks in her soccer spread shot. It doesn’t even look like her. She looks racially ambiguous too. I also enjoyed her nude with diamonds and her counry couture photos.

Post show, Jessica signed with Scene and Dally’s. Allegedly, she got into a drunken fight where she punched her friend in the face and busted her lip haha.

I can definitely admit that I was wrong about Jessica. She had a really cool personality and an interesting look. She still wouldn’t make the top 3 for me only because I happen to like the other girls better. But I think #4 is a good place for her.

The top 3: Lara, Madeleine, and Simone

Funnily enough, I ran into Louise once at Myer on Bourke St in Melbourne. It was a couple of years ago but she kept the red hair and she was tall and stunning in person. Might have been a little big for high fashion but certainly could have achieve some level of success within the industry if she tried. Really sad to see both Jess and Caroline go this update, I really enjoyed Caroline's bitchiness and i seem to recall loving her voice, especially when she had conversations with Eboni who sounded like the biggest bogan. Jess still remains a strong top 2 placer for me, on the strength of hers and Simone's final photo, they would have been my top 2 at this point with Jess winning. Eboni's expression was the same as most of her photos so it would have been her time to go. I have to say though, as bad as the bias towards her was on Cycle 2 - it was nothing compared to Jodhi's bias towards Steph and Demelza in later seasons - that is one unprofessional judge/host!
    Team Jessica Wild for LZF RPDR rankdown 2016!!

RTVG Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkboi View Post
    Funnily enough, I ran into Louise once at Myer on Bourke St in Melbourne. It was a couple of years ago but she kept the red hair and she was tall and stunning in person. Might have been a little big for high fashion but certainly could have achieve some level of success within the industry if she tried. Really sad to see both Jess and Caroline go this update, I really enjoyed Caroline's bitchiness and i seem to recall loving her voice, especially when she had conversations with Eboni who sounded like the biggest bogan. Jess still remains a strong top 2 placer for me, on the strength of hers and Simone's final photo, they would have been my top 2 at this point with Jess winning. Eboni's expression was the same as most of her photos so it would have been her time to go. I have to say though, as bad as the bias towards her was on Cycle 2 - it was nothing compared to Jodhi's bias towards Steph and Demelza in later seasons - that is one unprofessional judge/host!
    JEALOUS

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

I just love this Ranking.

Making me relive the seasons once more.

I truly loved old-school AusNTM with REAL emotions, such a bummer that it is all so neat and polite/staged now :/

Yep, C2 was actually really good shoots-wise.

thank you guys so much for the feedback! i love ausntm so much and doing this ranking is like my favorite thing to do haha. i could honestly post an update every hour but i want some suspense to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by berserkboi View Post
    I also enjoy a good bitchy character, but I like fun bitches ala Alex c4, Jade ANTM C6, Monique ANTM C16. Caroline never entertained me with her bitchiness. I also like when the bitchy girl has a secret heart of gold (Bianca del Rio) and I never saw that with her either. So besides her look, there was nothing there to really redeem her. And I do like Jessica! I just like the top 3 more than her.

Queen Madeline for number 1 hopefully!
    Tarja Turunen: Eternally my queen!

@bitchcassidy - I completely see where you are coming from with the fun or entertaining bitch trope and I agree - Caroline was neither. Your mileage may vary but I think her bitchiness didn't bother me because she had a great look, took some stunning a la aforementioned crying picture (stronger than any of the ones they had in Cycle 6 of antm), owned up to it to a degree, and most importantly it never got physical like with Lara (also a great look but what she did to Hiranthi put me right off her). Looking forward to the top 3!!
    Team Jessica Wild for LZF RPDR rankdown 2016!!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast