Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The AusNTM Rankings of BitchCassidy

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

I loved her personality even more after learning that she was a bad teenager but changed her attitude and view on life after travelling to Costa Rica. That was a story I was interested in and would love to hear more about.
    Did they even show it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra2011 View Post
    Did they even show it?
    I don't remember cause I've only been able to see this cycle once but i think they showed her talking about it?

RPDRAS: Alyssa, Detox, Tatianna

AusNTM: Jessie, Jordan, Sabine, Vitoria

Brooke <3 She's so underrated here.

YES

i can't wait to be done with this cycle so i can actually start writing about cycles i've actually seen haha. update tomorrow

The top 3!

Spoiler:  
    #3 Chanique Greyling

Earlier in April’s write up, I mentioned that there were a few contestants who were robbed this cycle. The #1 most robbed girl of cycle 8 is Chanique, coming in at #3. Like Shannon, Chanique had originally been born in South Africa. She also had a boyfriend. That’s about all we got to know about Chanique as she was the first girl to be eliminated. From what we saw, she seemed like a very positive, energetic girl. As Taylor had both a bad attitude on set and a mediocre picture, I found it extremely unfair for her to stay over Chanique in the first elimination. I wish I had more to say because obviously I really like her if she’s ranked this high but I literally know like two things about her. Her early elimination is one of the main reasons that even though I haven’t been able to see all of this cycle, I don’t really care that I haven’t.

Just like in cycle 4, this top 3 consists of my favorite look, personality, and portfolio of cycle 8. Chanique was tied for my top 3 looks this cycle. I love beach babes and she was the epitome of one, with her tan skin, long blonde hair, and curvaceous body. But there was something high fashion about her look as well. She had thick eyebrows and great cheekbones. She reminded me of an Australian Leila Goldkuhl. She even had a slight gap in her teeth. Since she was eliminated first, we weren’t able to get a chance to see what she could’ve done photographically so she can really only be judged on her Lost Travelers photo. It wasn’t a good shot but her looks alone should’ve made the judges give her another chance. They gave many chances to girls like Madeline, Duckie, Dajana and Shannon and she was so much more interesting than them so I don’t understand why she’d be the one chosen to go.

Post show, Chanique signed with IMG. She shot for Oyster, Curium Magazine, and iMute Magazine. She also walked for Michael Lo Sordo and is now currently signed to Jaz Daly Management.

She’s got great boobs btw. Imagine how amazing her Surfer Girls, Mermaids and B&W Androgynous shots could’ve been! Even though she was eliminated first, Chanique’s look was enough for me to rank her at #3.

Spoiler:  
    #2 Abbie Weir

The big personality of cycle 8, Abbie, ranks in at #2. Unlike the few other girls whose personalities the producers decided to show, Abbie’s was one I actually liked. She was the loud, giggly, boisterous girl who could find the fun in anything. I think the best word to describe her would be goofy. Sometimes her personality could be too goofy where it came across as unproffessional to others like during the muse callenge when she annoyed the judges by giggling. Personally I didn’t think it was that serious. She was really funny and I found her personality to be endearing actually, rather than annoying. I was also a fan of her friendship with Taylah and it was really sad to see Abbie upset when she was disqualified.

Abbie was the tallest girl this cycle and at 6 ft, she was a giant compared to the other girls. She had all the right qualifications to be a model but facially, her look was not one that interested me. Although she had great cheekbones at certain angles, her face was pretty plain. It could even come across as slightly unfresh to me in motion. Maybe it was her nose which I thought was too big. At her best though, Abbie was definitely a model and with some elvish features, I could see her playing a character in The Lord of the Rings. While she proved both pre show and post show that she could take amazing photos, her portfolio on show was underwhelming. She didn’t have any bad photos, but I guess I just expected more from her. Her Lost Travelers photo is probably her best. Her body looks even longer than it is and her cheekbones really stand out. I also liked her B&W Androgynous shot as well as her Mermaid shot.

Post show is where Abbie really impressed me. She signed with IMG as well as Mannequin Model Management and walked in many shows such as Swarovski, Maticevski, Tony Ward Haute Couture, Lan Yu Haute Couture, Oscar Carvallo Couture, David Jones, Myer, Kookai, Carla Zampatti and By Johnny. She was featured in magazines like Oyster, Odalisque, Bride to Be, The Sydney Morning Herald, Female Magazine Singapore, Icon, 1am, and BNKR. She also shot for Zimmermann Resort, Kisskill Lingerie, Camilla and Marc, Woman Madame Figaro, Finders Keepers, POL Design HIGH, August Street Cruise, and Snowstorm. She’s a runway queen.

While Abbie’s look and portfolio on the show were underwhelming, she made up for it in other ways. She had the most fun personality out of all the girls, she was taller than all of them, and she’s been absolutely slaying post show. As probably the safest choice for winner this cycle, Abbie seemed like she’d be a shoe-in for the top 3 but sadly she was cut right before then. At least she’ll always make the top 2 in my heart lol.

Spoiler:  
    #1 Shanali Martin

Cycle 8 has finally come to an end and although it was a lackluster cycle, my winner is anything but that. Coming in at #1 is Shanali. Like Melissa, Shanali was scouted from the crowds at auditions. Her mother had taken her to audition but she was noticed before that. Most cycles, there seems to be that one standout girl who is clearly better than the rest and you wonder why they wasted weeks of the show to crown her when she should’ve just been crowned the first episode. That’s how I feel about Shanali except that we wasted weeks just to see her not win..It’s like when you watch the Oscars and waste 3 hours just to find that Leonardo DiCaprio still didn’t win anything. Although there were some great girls this cycle, they didn’t come without their flaws. If they had a great face, they didn’t have a great body. If they had a great body, they didn’t have a great face. If they had a great face and body, they took crappy photos. Shanali was really the only flawless girl this cycle. She loved and had much knowledge in fashion which, as I talked about in Alex C4’s writeup, is a quality I love in a contestant. She just came across as so poised, elegant, graceful, regal…you almost forgot she was only 16. That being said, she still was only 16 and had her fair share of moments that made you remember just how young and inexperienced she was. I felt so sorry for her when everyone had to bring up that she’d never been kissed before. Not only was she young but she was of Indian and Fijian heritage, so I assume (please don’t take this the wrong way) that her parents were maybe more strict? I also felt for her when she got her hairline threaded during makeovers. It was something she needed but I understand that it must be embarrassing to have the whole world watch as you get your facial hair removed. I didn’t think she was a crybaby at all, she was just a 16 year old girl who was having her humiliating moments displayed on tv where everyone could watch.

Shanali was like an exotic bird. I loved her thick eyebrows, sharp cheekbones, and her small mouth. She looked good at any and every angle and also had by far the best body and proportions of the girls this cycle. I’m embarrassed to say that she wasn’t one of my favorites when I first looked into cycle 8 but as I was looking through her thread and her photos while doing this writeup, I fell in love with her. She had the best portfolio this cycle and one of the best in AusNTM history along with Caris. She has the kind of body that looks amazing in every position and her face was always on point so it’s kinda difficult to say what her best photo was. I’ll just post all of the ones I love.

Post show, Shanali signed with IMG. She walked in numerous shows such as David Jones, Miss Vogue Australia, Camilla Franks, Simply Vera, Haryono Setiadi, Swarovski, Myer, Kookai, Carla Zampatti, Bec & Bridge, Gary Bigeni, Steven Khalil, Alice McCall and Manning Cartell. She also shot editorials in Harpers Bazaar and Fashion Journal Magazine. I’m looking forward to what she’ll do next, maybe go international? Fingers crossed.

I’m still pretty mad that this girl didn’t win. Everyone complains about the lack of diversity within the winners of AusNTM and here comes this gorgeous Fijian Indian girl with a stunning body and portfolio and the clear standout of her cycle and yet she comes in 2nd place. I think her win could’ve given AusNTM more credibility and obviously IMG and Harpers Bazaar liked her better than the actual winner. I guess I should probably start wrapping this up so Shanali is my #1 for cycle 8 because she’s got the body, height, face, style and versatility that is needed to succeed in this industry.

Hint for the next cycle: a cycle with a quitter

Agree with your #1! In AusNTMs defense, had they not done public vote and chose the winner themselves like they are this cycle Shanali probably would've won. I think they were gunning for that but didn't predict Australia's collective ~racism~

Up next cycle 1 or 2? Don't remember how many cycles had quitters but I can't imagine 3 being out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by suppletangerine View Post
    Agree with your #1! In AusNTMs defense, had they not done public vote and chose the winner themselves like they are this cycle Shanali probably would've won. I think they were gunning for that but didn't predict Australia's collective ~racism~

Up next cycle 1 or 2? Don't remember how many cycles had quitters but I can't imagine 3 being out so quickly.
    Yeah that's probably why they chose to go back to the judges choosing the winner for C9 so this doesn't happen anymore lol

Yes! Shanali

Quote Originally Posted by suppletangerine View Post

Just because they liked Melissa better does not mean they are racist. Ugh.
    Perfect picture: Sophie AusNTM C3

https://www.rtvgames.com/showthread.php?t=246558

This top 3 was amazing

Update probably tomorrow because I've just finished writing for the next cycle and the first couple of girls

Achievements

Shanali is so amazing.. despite overwhelmed photoshoot themes in cycle 8, she managed to produce a stellar portfolio

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

The cycle coming in at #6:
      Spoiler:  

Cycle 1
      Spoiler:  

The first cycle of any NTM will always be less fashionable and have a lot of pedestrian girls but I don’t think cycle 1 of Australia’s Next Top Model did that badly. Erika was a likable host (really all of the hosts are likable except Jodhi), the girls had outgoing personalities, and it had its fair share of drama. I liked that this cycle felt more personal than the other ones. I felt that Erika talked one on one to the girls and you saw her interact with them a lot more than I ever saw in any other cycle. She didn’t come off as just a judge or host but also like a big sister. The judges made some questionable decisions here and there but it was nowhere near as bad as cycle 4 or 8. Sure, the photoshoots weren’t as amazing or high quality as they are now but you have to keep in mind that this is the first cycle so the show had a much smaller budget. Also, a lot of the girls on this cycle would’ve never made it onto recent ones. With that being said, it wouldn’t be fair for me to rank it above the remaining cycles just because it was at a disadvantage so we find it ranked at #6. Now onto the girls!

Spoiler:  
    #10 Allana Ridge

Coming in dead last is, Allana, one of my favorite contestants ever!!! Just kidding. Allana was terrible. She was just so foul. Allana was a cheerleader and ex dancer and it showed in her style and personality. You could tell that she thought modeling meant fake eyelashes, hair extensions, big boobs and gaudy jewelry because that’s exactly what she consisted of. She was also somewhat part of the popular girl clique that consisted of Sam, Zoe and Atong. I say somewhat because she was kicked out by Sam and Zoe once Atong was eliminated and for good reason. She was rude and she acted as though she was better than the other girls even though she was always at the bottom. She was also obsessed with her boyfriend. In a really hilariously edited scene, we were shown clips of her always talking to her boyfriend on the phone about how much she loves him and misses him. What made it even funnier was that she’d only been with her boyfriend for 3 months. Allana consistently broke the house rules by going out to different clubs where she knew her boyfriend would be. As her friends, Sam and Zoe were forced to lie for her but after the third time, they finally confronted her about it. By that time, none of the girls liked her. It was almost humorous to me how much they hated her. Even Chloe, the quietest girl in the house, went off on her during the meeting. After being yelled at by all the girls, Allana made AusNTM history by being the first contestant to quit. I think she quit for three main reasons. She had no allies in the house, she was scared she’d have to face the music for breaking the rules, and she was a basic bitch who couldn’t go a day without seeing her boyfriend.

Allana had fake hair, eyelashes, nails, and maybe fake boobs? She claimed they were real but all the other girls and the judges seemed to think otherwise. She was so tacky looking that instead of a makeover, she was given a makeunder. Her extensions were taken out and she was given strawberry blonde hair. She looked better with her makeunder but she’d never be a model. The girl had terrible proportions. She had short, t-rex arms, short legs, big hips, and a long torso. She was just a joke tbh. She also produced probably THE worst photo ever on AusNTM with her horseback riding photo. To be fair, she did have a better alternate shot and I feel a little bad for her that when you google her name that’s what shows up. But she was just a terrible person on the show so a terrible photo made sense for her and it made her story arc even better.

That closeup lol.
    Here’s her alternate shot!

Post show, Allana signed with Bliss Models and did some glamour modelling. She was also featured on the Australian Four Weddings, where she came in third. I wonder if she married her boyfriend on the show with the dreadlocks…true love.

Maybe I’m just being too harsh toward the girl but after a rewatch of cycle 1, these feelings of hate for her are all coming back to me and yes, she’s just as bad as I remembered. I could deal with her attitude if she had a great face, body or photos but Allana just sucked at everything. What makes it even worse was that she was never even eliminated, she quit! I did love the shot of the girls singing “Ding Dong the Witch is Dead” on the balcony as Allana drove away though. But anyway, Allana is listed among girls like Demelza and Ashley as my least favorite AusNTM contestants and she ranks dead last for cycle 1 at #10.

Spoiler:  
    #9 Naomi Thompson

Coming in at #9 is the very first girl ever eliminated in AusNTM. Naomi seemed like a sweet girl but she was also very pedestrian. She was constantly told by the judges that she was too short so she was eliminated first. Literally the only thing I remember about her was during the first photoshoot, Nicole was upset that the photographer said she was too skinny and Naomi told her “well at least he didn’t say you have a head like a smashed crab”. That was probably the best quote of the cycle and I don’t think it’s quoted enough among RTVG. I was like “huh, wtf” when she said that but I mean, she had a point ya know.

There was nothing remarkable or memorable about Naomi’s look. She was the shortest girl among a group of girls who weren’t that tall to begin with. Her only photo wasn’t a good one. Her face looks so strange to me, especially her lips.

Post show, she signed with New Models in Athens.

Naomi wasn’t a model so I understand why she was sent home first just because of that but she did deserve just one more week because she could never be worse than Allana. So we see her at #9.

Spoiler:  
    #8 Nicole Fraser

Upon first watch, I passed Nicole off as another one of the filler girls this cycle. She actually stood out to me once I rewatched but not for good reasons. She was the girl who was constantly criticized by the judges for being too skinny which upset her greatly. Actually, she seemed to get upset by things very easily. I wondered if she was emotionally unstable. She’d get these weird random outbursts, like screaming at Gemma when she said Allana’s boobs were fake. I guess you could excuse that one by saying she was drunk but then at panel when she was in the bottom 2 with Naomi she did it again. Erika talked about how they were concerned with her weight and Nicole started crying and trying to talk over her. I understand that she was probably tired of being accused of having an eating disorder but she just made me uncomfortable with how upset she got over things. What I liked about her was that she chose modeling over her boyfriend, something Allana couldn’t do. But another moment where she made me uncomfortable was when she called him and immediately started arguing with him. It seemed to me that she only called him just to start an argument. Idk, it was weird.

I believe that if made over correctly, Nicole definitely could’ve been a contender. She was tall and thin and there was something interesting about her face. I wish she would’ve made it to makeovers just so we could see her transformation. Her photos weren’t bad but neither of them really stood out as good. They were just mediocre.

Post show, I have found absolutely nothing about her.

I think that Nicole had potential but she was maybe just too fragile sometimes. It seems that she didn’t pursue modelling at all after the show so it was probably best that she didn’t get too far in the competition and take another girl’s place.

Spoiler:  
    #7 Shannon McGuire

Coming in at #7 is our aboriginal contestant this cycle, Shannon. Personality wise, Shannon was awesome. She was really hilarious actually. Some little Shannon moments I remembered was when she was saying how the judges thought she walked with her legs too spread apart and then she mumbled “slut”. Her friendship with Simmone was really sweet as well. Seeing how excited she was when Simmone visited the top 3 was a great moment. I usually hate when contestants come on the show with boyfriends but Shannon’s relationship with her boyfriend Matt was actually really cute. He mailed her things from home and it was pretty adorable how she started crying when she was able to have him visit. It seemed like a good, healthy relationship. I also found it funny how much she despised Allana and started crying when she had to work with her on a photoshoot. I didn’t blame her at all. The judges seemed to really like Shannon and I understand why because she was a really cool, funny person.

Although I liked her personality, I was not a fan of Shannon’s look. She was just not attractive to me. I think she looked better with longer hair because when she got her hair cut short, she looked like a man. She was also the shorter girl this cycle once Naomi left. Her photos weren’t good no matter how hard the judges tried to tell us otherwise. The fact that she was dragged all the way to the top 3 is a little astounding to me.

Post show, Shannon signed with Scene Models. Unfortunately the fortune teller was right when she said she wouldn’t marry Matt because she’s not with him anymore. She has a baby too.

Shannon was that girl that by the time I got to the top 3 episode, I was like “wait, she still’s here?” I just didn’t care about her. She seemed like such a random choice for third place because her portfolio and her look weren’t great. I liked her personality but that wasn’t enough for her to get that far so #7 is where she lands for me.

Hints for the next girls: 2 close friends, and bitch better have my money

Loving these regular updates and the countdowns so far
    Team Jessica Wild for LZF RPDR rankdown 2016!!

Loving this ranking

update tomorrow!

Spoiler:  
    #6 Samantha Morely

Coming in at #6 is the very first cycle narrator ever, Sam. Sam was the big personality of cycle 1. She was constantly told how professional, charming and intelligent she was, all of which was true. She was only 19 or 20 but very insightful and funny for her age. While she was close friends with Zoe, Atong and to a lesser extent Allana, Sam’s personality tended to tick off the other girls in the house. They thought that she was someone who turned it on for the cameras but was very fake. I don’t know if I’d agree with them that she was fake, but there were a few things that irritated me about Sam. As the girl with a pre show career and more money and life experiences than the others, she gave off this know-it-all tendency. She could be really annoying sometimes, like how she always tried to be leader. She was the one who always held the house meetings to pretty much complain about what the other girls were doing wrong. Even when Atong was worried about her money missing, Sam made the whole thing about her by being the one speaking over everyone in an accusatory manner which the other girls didn’t like. The girl Sam definitely clashed with the most would be Gemma. I kind of liked the rivalry that the girls had going on throughout the cycle. It seemed that they were only worried about beating each other and no one else. I think what annoyed Sam the most wasn’t Gemma’s personality but that Gemma was the more natural model and won the first couple of challenges while Sam had to work harder to impress the judges. She talked about Gemma a lot in her confessionals, always comparing what Gemma did wrong to what she was doing right, talking about how Gemma may have been winning the challenges but she was gonna win the competition. Sam also seemed to think that she was better than she actually was. Like during the runway challenge, when she didn’t win, she said something along the lines of “I’m just happy to be the underdog for once!” She never seemed like she could admit her faults and it just became tiring after a while instead of endearing. What I did like about Sam was that although she was rivals with Gemma, she still clearly cared about her well being and was the one who sat down with Gemma and calmed her when she was having her panic attacks. I think that really showed her maturity, especially when she said that she would’ve changed the way she approached things with her had she known about Gemma’s mental health.

Sam had a plain look for someone with such an over the top personality. She wasn’t attractive to me and her face was kind of weirdly shaped. During the makeovers, it was said that Sam was more polished than the other girls so she didn’t need much change but I disagreed with that. Her hair looked like a mullet and the trim they gave her made it look worse. Her photos weren’t all that inspiring either. None of them were bad per say but I guess her horseback riding shot was her best though I do like the one shown on the show more than the one I posted for her write-up. Unfortunately, I can’t find that one anywhere.

Post show, Sam signed with Dally's model management. She was on the cover of Frankie Magazine and Complete Magazine. She walked the runway for Lisa Ho, Ready to Wear 2006.

Sam one of the most well-spoken, intelligent girls we’ve seen on AusNTM but there were times when she was one of the most annoying as well. Even if she was fake in front of the judges, you do kind of need to fake it til you make it in the industry so I think she conducted herself very well. That being said, her personality wasn’t enough to make up for her lackluster look or portfolio so we find her ranked at #6.

Spoiler:  
    #5 Zoe McDonald

When I watched cycle 1 for the first time, I really liked Zoe and was rooting for her to go farther than she did. She was also my choice for third place. Upon rewatching it, I still like her but not as much. Even though Zoe was best friends with Sam and part of that loud, Gold Coast clique, she was different. Although still a hard partier, she was more of a tomboy while her friends were girly girls. She came across as very aloof and laid back, I assumed she was probably a stoner. She also seemed like she hated drama. During the house meeting for Atong’s stolen money, I liked how while the other girls were yelling at each other, Zoe just got up and went to bed. She wasn’t crying or freaked out by it like Nicole was, she was just too chill for it. There were a few comments she made though during the show that put me off. One of them was when she found out Gemma suffered from depression and she said that losing the competition would probably kill her. I found that comment to be really ignorant and although she probably didn’t mean for it to come out that way, she still said it. Another comment she made was when she was eliminated and she sarcastically said that the judges were looking for someone shorter. She also said she’d never do reality tv again. She came across as very bitter. Erika seemed like she wasn’t Zoe’s biggest fan for some reason. During the horseback photoshoot, she was irritated by everything Zoe did. She yelled at her for having no shoes on, for taking too long to get the right shot. Other girls struggled during the shoot but Erika was only mad at Zoe. It wasn’t the only time she acted like that toward her either. I wonder if maybe Erika saw a lot of potential in her and was annoyed that she wasn’t trying as hard as the others because I felt the same way with her.

Zoe was one of the few girls this cycle that had modeling potential. She was the tallest girl this cycle, standing over 6 ft tall and she was really pretty. She had gorgeous blue eyes and I liked how thick her hair looked in her confessionals. I think she took better photos than Sam or Shannon so she deserved to go farther than she did.

Post show, Zoe did print work for PWWA. She became a professional wrestler under the name Eliza Sway…? Ok

Zoe is one of the few girls on this show who disappointed me. I really liked her look, especially her height, and her personality for the most part. She had so much potential and if she would’ve tried harder, she could’ve produced gorgeous photos and had a good modelling career. Unfortunately she just didn’t seem to want it so the farthest she makes it for me is #5.

Spoiler:  
    #4 Atong Tulba Mulual

Coming in at #4 is Atong, the first African girl to appear on AusNTM. My feelings toward Atong tend to go back and forth. Sometimes I think she was robbed and deserved to make the top 3 but other times I just didn’t get her and was fine with her placement. As of now, I’m more so leaning towards the robbed side. We didn’t get to know Atong as well as we did the other girls and usually I’d blame that on the editors/producers but I think that was just Atong’s personality. She was quieter than the others but clearly she had some kind of personality seeing as how she was friends with Sam, Zoe and Allana. She came across as maybe a little bit of a diva which the judges saw as well but nothing too noticeable. The only moment we really got from Atong would be when she discovered she was missing some of her money. Of course the “bitch better have my money” hint was for her because that song has been stuck in my head and I thought it fit the situation. She held a house meeting to find out what happened to her money but like always it turned more into a Sam vs Gemma thing. I don’t think it was ever even solved either unless it happened off cameras. I also laughed during the party Erika held for the girls and she came up to Atong and asked her if there were any cute guys there and Atong shook her head and yelled “no!”

Atong had a look that could either look really right or really wrong. I loved her body and she looked amazing on the runway in the first episode but her face could look so harsh and old sometimes. I really liked her makeover. The wig looked really good on her and I’m so glad they didn’t shave her head like they usually do to black girls on this show. Her swimsuit photo was amazing but she didn’t try that hard in her photoshoots and just didn’t seem to be into it.

Post show, Atong signed with Vivien’s Model Management. She walked for Myer, Fashion Assistant, Mad Cortes, Tsubi.

I’m still kinda on the fence when it comes to Atong so I’m not sure why she makes it this high. I think I wanted to like her more than I did just for diversity. But I know that I wish she would’ve stayed longer so we could see what she was capable of because she does look amazing on the runway in her post show career. I feel that her spider beauty shot could’ve been really great. That, and there was no way she should’ve been eliminated over Allana. The fact that she was eliminated over a girl who ended up quitting the next week is really unfair so Atong deserves to make it to #4.

The top 3: Chloe, Gemma, and Simmone

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast