Page 278 of 279 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279 LastLast
Results 4,987 to 5,004 of 5006

Thread: Eurovision

and yeah Conchita probably won because he/she or whatever was in drag with a beard, but who cares.. Her song was easily among the best that year and I too loved Il Volo and The Common Linnets more back then, yet still her performance is one of the most memorable with the whole phoenix staging and Bond theme.

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

Conchita is one of my fave winners ever. But she sadly started that trend with shock-values.
    GOD IS REAL!

Achievements

She also won being dark-horse as she was no way near 1st place and this year it is as if Netherlands will win no matter what.

Like he is too hyped to loose.
    GOD IS REAL!

I agree with that, The Netherlands has been the favorite to win for months (not undeserved imo), so it's not that exciting anymore, but I still think Australia could do it. They've done it with Dami, and I feel like Kate is equally good, if not better. I still feel like any of the 3 countries highest in the odds could possibly do it, but Duncan will most likely win.
    Last edited by EProduc; 05-18-2019 at 10:06 AM.

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR TONIGHT!!!

@Cleo: Duncan is going to win and you will deal with it . It's an amazing song.

Rooting for Cyprus (my personal favorite along with The Netherlands), Spain and Greece. Norway shocked me at the second semifinal so I hope they do well, same with Azerbaijan. Iceland's is very cool but doesn't stand a chance.

Good songs but I hope they don't win: Malta, Albania, Slovenia, Australia (mostly because of the staging).

Horrible: Germany, UK, San Marino (I still can't believe Serhat took Portugal/Hungary's spot), Estonia, Belarus.

The jury overhyped about Sweden and yet they flopped hard on the televote, just like last year.
    So happy that Duncan won

Achievements

Justice for Norway

KNTM ROYALTY

I'm so happy Duncan won!!!

Italy was right up there and they deserve it. I was shocked Macedonia's generic song was loved by the juries and them hating Norway and Spain's song. Bummed Tamta placed 15th.

I literally turned the sound off in the middle of Germany's performance so I LOL'ed IRL when they got 0 points from the televote.

I won't even comment on Iceland's "edgy" flag-waving moment.

Amsterdam 2020, here we go.

Achievements

Really exciting voting, imo.

Jury voting proving how rigged it was not giving Russia a single point at some countries....

Not loving winner-song, but ok.

Didn't get Italy AT ALL.
    GOD IS REAL!

YAAAS, after 44 years finally my neighbor country wins again!!! Very deserved and SO PROUD! Duncan did amazing. AMSTERDAM 2020

Those jury votes though, Sweden deserved to be high but highest with juries again? And North Macedonia 2nd wtf? This seems a bit odd to me..

Spain and Norway were really robbed by the jury. Norway could've won.
    I'm a bit on the fence with Italy and Russia getting 2nd and 3rd. They did great but they were a bit overrated, especially Italy. It's my absolute favorite song of the year but his vocals were not on point nor was his staging. I feel like they came so high just because it's Italy and Russia and not because they were the best. But they deserve it nonetheless.
    Australia deserved to be higher but I'm really happy about Norway and Switzerland getting 5th and 4th.

So sad we'll have to wait 9 months now for the 2020 songs to come out... can't wait!
    Last edited by EProduc; 05-19-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Also, can we talk about Madonna?? Girl was trash, those vocals were the absolute WORST of the night.

Russian juries are so corrupt. Not a single vote for Switzerland, Australia, Sweden, Italy, Norway or The Netherlands but 5 points for SAN MARINO, 7 for Belarus and 12 for Greece?!! So obvious they tried to push Sergey in the top 3 by not voting for the other favorites as every point counts. Very piteous if you'd ask me.

I mean they're not the only juries that do this but not giving a single vote to the favorites/ best acts? That's just a low blow.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by EProduc View Post
    Russian juries are so corrupt. Not a single vote for Switzerland, Australia, Sweden, Italy, Norway or The Netherlands but 5 points for SAN MARINO, 7 for Belarus and 12 for Greece?!! So obvious they tried to push Sergey in the top 3 by not voting for the other favorites as every point counts. Very piteous if you'd ask me.

I mean they're not the only juries that do this but not giving a single vote to the favorites/ best acts? That's just a low blow.

Girl, and now look how many countries haven't given most-watched perfomance of the second semi-finale a single point...Jury are voting not only for vocals but also stage presense and the styling.....

This show is really corrupt but the public voting is actually the only REAL one.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Bunton View Post
    BEST OF THE NIGHT.

i know that he's not gonna win but still rooting for him .

Russia beat him....say nananana.
    GOD IS REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by EProduc View Post
    Also, can we talk about Madonna?? Girl was trash, those vocals were the absolute WORST of the night.
    Her performance was pure trash, she made Serhat look like a good singer.

Do you think Iceland will be disqualified after the flag incident? They finished 10th so that would mean everyone below them would go up a place in the final ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by vanuatu86 View Post
    Her performance was pure trash, she made Serhat look like a good singer.

Do you think Iceland will be disqualified after the flag incident? They finished 10th so that would mean everyone below them would go up a place in the final ranking.
    Hm idk, it's KAN (Israeli broadcaster) that wanted them to be disqualified, but in the end it's the EBU that decides and I don't think they will make any further statement on something political like that.. Wiwibloggs says that the EBU will discuss 'the incident' and that the Icelandic broadcaster could face sanctions but I don't see that happening. They'll just let it be I think.

Madonna showed the flag too (however in a different sort of message) but in the end they did the same thing, so it would be a bit hypocrite imo.

what I read they will most likely just get a warning and if them doing political messages happens again, they would not be allowed to compete in the next competition.

Quote Originally Posted by reberr View Post
    what I read they will most likely just get a warning and if them doing political messages happens again, they would not be allowed to compete in the next competition.
    This is Iceland's first final in something like 5 years so that sanction won't make a difference.

Unpopular opinion but I am so happy the juries brought down Norway and wasn't the winner. I still can't understand how it won the public's televoting, the song is so generic and outdated.

Page 278 of 279 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279 LastLast