Thread: Annie Duke

Achievements

Annie Duke

Name: Annie Duke
    Known for: Her career as a poker pro
    Playing for: Refugees International

Annie Duke, (www.annieduke.com), has established herself as one of the best poker players in the world. In 2004, Duke beat out an assembly of 234 players in the World Series of Poker $2000 buy-in Omaha Hi/Lo Split and won her first WSOP bracelet. In August of the same year, Duke knocked out eight of the world's greatest poker legends and won $2 million in the No-Limit Texas Hold'em winner-take-all, invitation-only WSOP Tournament of Champions, established by ESPN and Harrah's Entertainment.

Duke now serves as a consultant for the online poker site UltimateBet.com to ensure that their rules of poker and tournament structure match those you would find in the famous poker rooms of the Las Vegas strip. Furthermore, she is sought after for her vast poker skills and knowledge, coaching the likes of Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Ashton Kutcher and Charles Barkley on their poker game. Duke regularly offers a private poker lesson with herself as an auction item for charity auctions and has raised funds to benefit numerous charities. Duke is also involved in various charitable organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Ante Up for Africa (a project with actor Don Cheadle), Children's Hospital, and many others. Duke will be playing for the charity, Refugees International.

source: www.nbc.com

I think she will win. I remember her being on 1 vs. 100 and she was really smart.

I think I'm gonna love this girl. Being a poker player will help her in terms of decision making and risk taking.
    AI: Allison | Anoop | Kris | Megan
    ANTM: Kortnie | London | Nijah | Teyona
    MMAS: Branden | Gabriel | Jonathan | Jordan | Mountaha
    Survivor: Brendan | Erinn | Joe | Sierra | Sydney | Taj
    TA: Annie | Brande | Jesse | Natalie
    TAR: Amanda & Kris | Cara & Jaime | LaKisha & Jen | Tammy & Victor

She is so fierce.
    If it wasn't for T-Boz being in the cast, I'd totally root for her to win.

She is so beeping annoying but I can see her going for for entertainment value but I hate this chick.
    QUEEN STAYS QUEEN

She is totally getting on all their nerves and that is why I love her so much

I loved seeing Claudia Jordan's facial reactions whenever she would speak.

If I was there and she was trying to tell me how to put frosting on a cupcake, I would have smeared that frosting on her face.
    QUEEN STAYS QUEEN

I hope she barely mangages to get by each week and gets them all angry and continues to get on their nerves every week until the finale where she comes runner-up to T-Boz. The chances of that happening are . . . no chance at all tbh . But I can dream

I can't believe they're not giving her enough credit for her efforts just because she's annoying.

I'm soo rooting for her just cuz she's
    AI: Allison | Anoop | Kris | Megan
    ANTM: Kortnie | London | Nijah | Teyona
    MMAS: Branden | Gabriel | Jonathan | Jordan | Mountaha
    Survivor: Brendan | Erinn | Joe | Sierra | Sydney | Taj
    TA: Annie | Brande | Jesse | Natalie
    TAR: Amanda & Kris | Cara & Jaime | LaKisha & Jen | Tammy & Victor

Annie and Joan make this show so entertaining

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

Joan makes it entertaining, not Annie. Annie isnt entertaining in their fights. It reminds me of NY vs Deelishious. NY was hilariously entertaining and Deelishious was just a hating, wannabee, hag.

Joan ftw, Annie to die by fire. thx

Have any of you actually seen Annie play poker? She's one of the best players in the world (best female player in the world, arguably of course)
      Spoiler:  

Which I forgot when I started to sink...