Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,909 to 1,923 of 1923

Thread: Korea's Next Top Model 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8 View Post
    Three quesses for what?
    i mean about why C5 is popular. I assumed its because of the addition of guys, but maybe thats wrong.

can you say... magnetic? NikkySan's Avatar
    I still think this cycle was so underrated by the RTVG public. If Austria's NTM 6 wasn't what it was, I think everyone would've liked this cycle a lot more. For me, it had the best male cast worldwide.

Guys who are editorial and can work internationally:

Guys who can make a ton of money commerically:

And even the guys who weren't that good on the show blossomed after it:

I still think this cycle was really underrated. And after how much of a disappointment Austria was this year, it only made me appreciate it even more. I have all the episodes saved and it's so watchable. Really the only thing you could complain about were that the shoots weren't as good as C4's (and even then they still had some great shoots) and one contestant's spot in the Top 3 which was questionable, everything else was just a standard KNTM cycle. And now two contestants are about to make their international debuts so it really made this cycle worthwhile. Everyone needs to give it another chance.

It really makes me miss the show so much.

I find the top 3 perfectly fair now. Cheol-woo's portfolio is good imo now, his problem was that he was a commercial guy against more dramatic, high fashion kinds of shoots and therefore, he was at a natural disadvantage, and the fact that is performance, in my opinion, was good, meant that he got the placement he deserved. Gippeum is a contestant of dazzling highs and mediocre lows (don't lynch, I didn't care for those shots of her), but remained strong in the end, and for me, Seung-su was the best performer. It kinda had an aspect of cycle 4, but I think that because people didn't enjoy these 3 as much as they did Ho-yeon, Hyun-ji and Hyun-joo, it reflected negatively on the end result.
    超高校級の 尻穴.

If I would rate KNTM 3 & 4 10/10, then I would rate KNTM 5 8/10, not as good, but still terrific and a very very solid NTM season

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

It was solid but coming right after ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS season 4 - they really had it coming.

Sadly, I just couldn't see that being on par with last year's perfection and the cast was a bit lacking for me, girls-wise.

Still sad Bae Yoon Young wasn't in the C4 or 5 casts. She works locally more than all C5 girls combined

Idk where else to put this, but semi-finalist Kim Sungchan is in a campaign with Rosie Huntington Whiteley for the brand Metrocity. Thought that was pretty cool.

3 of the KNTM boys featured in an article on Vogue Paris' website: http://en.vogue.fr/vogue-hommes/fash...-out-for/38251

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

DAMN, I used to hate on this season ALOT.

But looking at HNTM co-ed season and some other co-ed stuff like Austria (or The Faces), KNTM still remains as the best fashion-forward show of its time and even ahead of its time.

Yeah, I think people did way too much over the shoots this cycle, they might not have reached the heights of excellence that Cycle 3 or 4 did, but the shoots were for the most part still pretty good and had great concepts, which can't be said for majority of the co-ed cycles. I think only Poland has ever matched or at least come close to matching the quality of photoshoots KNTM 5 did as far as co-ed cycles go ( even Austria 6's aka Oliver S' cycle's shoots were pretty hit and miss).

The Sports, Genderfluid, Fabric, Stilts, Alien, Mansion in Toronto and Luxury Wear on a Yacht shoots were all great.

Not to mention this cycle gave us three of the best male models in the NTM franchise, with two of them becoming pretty successful internationally.

I miss this show so much.

KNTM 5 was a solid B-

Which seems not so great when compared to Cycle 3/4, which were A+s, but still, a very solid season.

Lol I am glad there were no English subtitles for this season
    $$$Black Excellence $$$

^
    Its the only season w/ english subtitles

If you say so.....lol
    $$$Black Excellence $$$

Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107