Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: China's Next Top Model, Cycle 2

I would have rather seen Lydia win but Crystal is just as amazing. Her face is flawless in her MaxFactor ad. Sheer perfection, along with Lydia of course.

Congratulations to Crystal~

lolipa looks so elegant!

too bad lydia didnt end in the top 2

AI 8 : Jasmine,Megan,Allison,Lil Rounds
    MMAS 2 :Jonathan,Jordan

Crystal's Max Factor shot is awesome. Hopefully this will wipe away her cover shot in my mental databanks.

yaaay, lolipop! She looks beautiful in that max factor pic

So no need to make a voting thread since everyone including me LOVE Crystal's maxfactor shot!!
    Nicole-Erin-Kara-Brittany-Laura-Rachel-Lulu

I'm so sorry for updating so late. I can't record the last episode because my computer's crashed, and I need to wait for the offical version. I'm very sorry for that.

Here's EP10!
    Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjChU7OzQM
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNwdd9vjQMw
    Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9rkoFQ3iU
    Part 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le_lEluIopg
    Part 5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6zW93tLukM

RTVG Idol
    Although I wished Lydia could win but Crystal had a strong portfolio so I'm very happy with that and her MaxFactor is flawless!

Crystal fell during a runway challenge?

When was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sireafi View Post
    Crystal fell during a runway challenge?

When was this?
    Final 4 episode 8. I felt bad for her it looked like it hurt so much It wasn't like a stumble on the catwalk she fell so hard

Thanks for uploading the whole cycle for us Saturn!

I'm only watching the finale now, can someone tell me what the hell is up with the guy singing during the final runway? It's like nails on a chalkboard

Achievements

this is a bit off topic, but truly, i do not know where else to post this.

what is "model standard" for asian models anyway? as a chinese person, i think the "chinese standard" for what it means to be "pretty/beautiful" is pretty different than the industry standard ...

but then i think to myself - is this the same for models in new york, milan, london, and paris too? like how they are unconventionally pretty, but to us westerners, we think that the sweet bubbly girl-next-door look is considered "pretty"?

i hope that wasn't too confusing. x__X basically, why do people think asian models are gorgeous? because to me and many other asians that i know - they're not that pretty in our standards. :/
    TRINITY . VALENTINA . NAOMI . MONIQUE . JASMINE
    AS4
    __

RTVG Idol
    Quote Originally Posted by juicyjuicy View Post
    this is a bit off topic, but truly, i do not know where else to post this.

what is "model standard" for asian models anyway? as a chinese person, i think the "chinese standard" for what it means to be "pretty/beautiful" is pretty different than the industry standard ...

but then i think to myself - is this the same for models in new york, milan, london, and paris too? like how they are unconventionally pretty, but to us westerners, we think that the sweet bubbly girl-next-door look is considered "pretty"?

i hope that wasn't too confusing. x__X basically, why do people think asian models are gorgeous? because to me and many other asians that i know - they're not that pretty in our standards. :/
    For Taiwanese models, all they do is sit there and make faces, which will NEVER make it to the high fashion world, and work in Milan, Paris etc. Whereas China-Chinese models are more to what major fashion agencies would look for, the typical eyes and nose like Jennifer has. And also China-Chinese models are more ugly pretty, not lolita pretty like the Taiwanese models, which I personally think is jank and they mostly do commercial work like Pantene. Furthermore, most of the Taiwanese so called TOP MODELS appear in pointless dramas more than runway shows.

If that answers your question?

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1990 View Post
    For Taiwanese models, all they do is sit there and make faces, which will NEVER make it to the high fashion world, and work in Milan, Paris etc. Whereas China-Chinese models are more to what major fashion agencies would look for, the typical eyes and nose like Jennifer has. And also China-Chinese models are more ugly pretty, not lolita pretty like the Taiwanese models, which I personally think is jank and they mostly do commercial work like Pantene. Furthermore, most of the Taiwanese so called TOP MODELS appear in pointless dramas more than runway shows.

If that answers your question?
    Modeling inudtry varied in different countries because of different commercial needs in the industry. As a Taiwanese myself, i don't quite agree with your comments on that "most of the Taiwanese so called TOP MODELS appear in pointless dramas more than runway shows." The fact is, we have models that focus solely on runways, but also others who have a variety of appearances in other occasions that requires to project their crowd-embraced images, and that may include what you called "pointless dramas" or even some variety shows. This happens especially when a so-called "top model" gets aged, and I personally think it's very reasonable that they expand the territory of their career, I mean, just think abourt Tyra and Heidi.

RTVG Idol
    Quote Originally Posted by ekeko View Post
    Modeling inudtry varied in different countries because of different commercial needs in the industry. As a Taiwanese myself, i don't quite agree with your comments on that "most of the Taiwanese so called TOP MODELS appear in pointless dramas more than runway shows." The fact is, we have models that focus solely on runways, but also others who have a variety of appearances in other occasions that requires to project their crowd-embraced images, and that may include what you called "pointless dramas" or even some variety shows. This happens especially when a so-called "top model" gets aged, and I personally think it's very reasonable that they expand the territory of their career, I mean, just think abourt Tyra and Heidi.
    Uh, what are you trying to DISAGREE with?

lol @ the rumours on the first few pages that Liliana Dominiquez was casted for this show as if!

Goldie Cheung - X-Factor winner 2011

RTVG Idol
    ^ IKR? She was like one of the first rumoured contestants this season.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567