Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion - Finale Part 1

8/6 Show Discussion - Finale Part 1

Discuss!
    Katee FTW. Her contemporary with Joshua was

8/6 Episode Discussion

I think Twitch and Courtney's dance was great! I think Courtney is SO sweet. She has so much heart and she's really genuine. COURTNEY FTW!

Katee and Joshua's dance was good, but seriously, can Katee have any LESS of a personality? The judges were throwing compliments at her, and she stood there like a pole and smiled every couple of minutes. It seems like she wasn't even moved by the judge's comments. This is the finale and I still don't know who Katee is.

I think Twitch and Courtney's dance was great! I think Courtney is SO sweet. She has so much heart and she's really genuine. COURTNEY FTW!

Katee and Joshua's dance was good, but seriously, can Katee have any LESS of a personality? The judges were throwing compliments at her, and she stood there like a pole and smiled every couple of minutes. It seems like she wasn't even moved by the judge's comments. This is the finale and I still don't know who Katee is.

Aw, I love Katee's personality.
    It's so sweet and bubbly . When the judges were critiquing her, it looked like she was about to cry (her eyes were getting watery) but I think she was trying to hold it in.

Quote Originally Posted by wtsmiley View Post
    Aw, I love Katee's personality.
    It's so sweet and bubbly . When the judges were critiquing her, it looked like she was about to cry (her eyes were getting watery) but I think she was trying to hold it in.
    Really? I thought she looked like a robot, emotionless and stiff. I think it was so sad that the judges were complimenting her so much and she didn't even look happy.

The only good routine was Katee and Josh's Wade Robson. Everything else was slightly dull and boring, due to the song choice. They just didn't quite..work in this situation, the FINALE, when everythings supposed to be WOAH.

O N E C U T A B O V E

Vote "The Sauvignon Serenade"

This is strictly my opinion, but every time someone says Katee has no personality, that really ticks me off.

Her backstage video clips clearly show she is bubbly and goofy. Just because she doesn't act out and make faces while the judges compliment her does NOT mean she is boring or a robot! IMO, her more subdued reaction is a more mature and humble... she doesn't need to go crazy every time they give her a compliment.

Anyway, onto the finale:

SNOOOOOOOOORE.

That was soooo boring compared to this season. The only reasonably good routine was the Wade routine, and even that wasn't as good as some of the contemps we've had this season.

I thought the judges overpraised everyone (except Courtney, whom they kept trashing all night!).

^^ I agree. Quite honestly, Katee is my favorite personality of the season.

Can someone give me a brief re-cap on all the dances/solos that appeared AFTER the Twitch/Joshua routine? I missed it to watch PR, but from what I saw, that Katee/Joshua Wade routine

KATEE FTW.

RTVG Idol
    I voted :D

Quote Originally Posted by wtsmiley View Post
    ^^ I agree. Quite honestly, Katee is my favorite personality of the season.

Can someone give me a brief re-cap on all the dances/solos that appeared AFTER the Twitch/Joshua routine? I missed it to watch PR, but from what I saw, that Katee/Joshua Wade routine

KATEE FTW.
    I forget which were after the Twitch/Joshua routine but here's a full list from what I remember:

Twitch & Courtney - hip hop
    Katee & Josh - Wade contemp
    Josh & Twitch - Russian trepak
    Katee & Courtney - broadway (dance with parasols)
    Katee & Twitch - Foxtrot
    Courtney & Josh - Jive

Honestly, the broadway was just BAD choreo... incredibly boring. I usually LOVE anything Katee dances, but this was just a really really BAD dance.

The foxtrot was great (since Katee really did most of the dancing) and it had a really good lift

The Jive was bad and sloppy, and Nigel called them out on it.

At the end, the final 4 did a Mia dance wearing kilts... it was very weird, I don't even know how to describe it. It was like a mixture of contemporary and ... Scottish dancing (?). I don't know.... it was interesting, but I'm not sure if I liked or didn't like it.

The solos were all pretty much the same kind of stuff they've all been doing all season.

I thought the sudden international dances were a bit woah, weird for the finale.

Like the russian, scottish..etc, it was like HM..

O N E C U T A B O V E

Vote "The Sauvignon Serenade"

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by imaginethat1107 View Post

I completely agree with everything you said. Unlike Bitter, it ticks me off when someone says Katee DOES have a personality She's so cold and even when they try to pimp her so called personality, it still comes off as cold and emotionless. Her dancing is near perfect, but I just don't want her to win because she's SO cold. Courtney is the extreme opposite. Her personality just oozes every time she's on camera. And as she said herself, she may not be the best dancer there, but she ALWAYS brings something to the stage and gives it her all. I've not seen her mess up all season and she's been enjoyable with every single dance she does.

With that said, I am thinking Josh will win. I love Josh and he's been my favorite guy all along, so if my favorite girls can't win, I'm glad it'll be him. If Twitch wins, I may vomit. I don't want him to win for kind of the same reasons as Katee - his attitude sucks sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    I completely agree with everything you said. Unlike Bitter, it ticks me off when someone says Katee DOES have a personality She's so cold and even when they try to pimp her so called personality, it still comes off as cold and emotionless. Her dancing is near perfect, but I just don't want her to win because she's SO cold. Courtney is the extreme opposite. Her personality just oozes every time she's on camera. And as she said herself, she may not be the best dancer there, but she ALWAYS brings something to the stage and gives it her all. I've not seen her mess up all season and she's been enjoyable with every single dance she does.

With that said, I am thinking Josh will win. I love Josh and he's been my favorite guy all along, so if my favorite girls can't win, I'm glad it'll be him. If Twitch wins, I may vomit. I don't want him to win for kind of the same reasons as Katee - his attitude sucks sometimes.
    ITA 100% with you, Aly.

I'm hoping either Courtney or Twitch will win, tbh. Personality is a HUGE thing for me and I feel like if either Courtney or Twitch win, they'll be able to carry themselves better as winners. But I also do like Joshua and if I wins, I wouldn't mind, but he's not a preference of mine.

Katee FTW for me! This finale seriously sucked, but I really want Katee to win. Her dancing has been amazing all season and about her personality, I totally agree with Sir Butter. You don't have to go out all the time to have personality. Seriously, she is so bubbly and you can tell that right away. And when the judges were complimenting her, she was still grinning and smiling. You seriously don't have to be crying or have a huge grin and jump up and down to have personality.

So in conclusion, I want Katee to win, Joshua to be runner up, Courtney to get third and Twitch to get fourth.