Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion - Top 8

7/23 Show Discussion - Top 8

I live on the West Coast!!! How's it been so far? I want 2 know!!! Plz...
    Now if i'm lost at sea 7 days, im not alone if i'm holding you.
    And if it all ends & everybody in the world is gone, i'll be standing with you, baby
    And if it's the last breath, I take....i'll leave my kiss with you.
    If there's a wall between us, baby.....I know i'll break through.
    No matter what anyone can say, this is the only place for me & no one could ever take that away.
    Nothing can come between us.

Comfort killed that hip-hop routine tbh.
    It was great!

Did anyone catch Mark's number? PLEEEASEE TELL ME. I need to vote for him all night.

Achievements

I thought this episode was REALLY REALLY REALLY good. The judges raved about almost every dance.

Courtney and Will were paired up for a Samba and hip hop. Both dances were strong. The hip hop was of the slow, emotional variety by Tabitha & Napoleon. It was about a girl who missed her deceased lover and felt his presence. It built up emotionally and was pretty powerful at the end, but I liked "No Air" and "Bleeding Love" better still.

Katee and Twitch were paired for contemporary and Broadway. The contemporary was a Mia Michaels routine and REALLY enjoyable. It was about a woman pursuing a man but the man never gave in. They used a doorway as a prop and you'd really have to see the dance to get the complete feeling, but it was GOOD. The Broadway routine was not as good in my opinion, but decent.

Comfort and Mark did a hip hop routine and a foxtrot. Obviously, the foxtrot was a flop. The hip hop was REALLY good though. It was about what kids do in detention I didn't have high hopes for it, but they REALLY pulled it off. The music helped tremendously to keep their energy up and the flow going. This was one of my favorite hip hop routines of the season.

Chelsie and Joshua did an argentine tango and a disco. The disco had TONS of lifts and even one lift Doriana has been trying to get on the show for 4 years. I love these two as a pair and thought they were the most consistently good between the two dances.

Comfort, Katee, Josh and Mark's solos were same ol same ol that we've been seeing them do. Will had an AMAZING solo and all of a sudden jumped out with a personality in a James Brown impersonation that the judges gave a standing ovation. Twitch's solos are always very entertaining to watch. He didn't do anything big, but you can't take your eyes off of him. Chelsie and Courtney were strong in their solos as well, but I'm probably biased there The only bad thing was Chelsie's butt tape sticking out every time she did a turn

All in all, AMAZING show! If I have my way, Comfort and Mark will be going home. I can't even imagine another scenario

I must have voted for Mark over 100 times. He did great in the Hip-Hop routine but the Foxtrot was obviously a failure. I REALLY hope he stays, but I'll probably end up feeling bad if someone's favorite guy goes home instead of him because many people think Mark should have been gone by now (well at least last week).

Comfort and Mark are gone. Comfort should've left weeks ago, even though I love her personality and she ROCKED that hip-hop. I like all the guys but Mark has got to go. He just wasn't that great compared to the other guys.

Anyone else getting sick and tired of that shoulder thing most of the dancers keep showing? During the first 15 minutes, I'm pretty sure it was flashed 7 times... o_0

And throughout the show, it must have gotten past the 25 mark. I liked it the previous episode but it's getting overdone.

Also, Toni the guest judge said "street" in every single critique I think

Quote Originally Posted by SirLurk View Post
    Anyone else getting sick and tired of that shoulder thing most of the dancers keep showing? During the first 15 minutes, I'm pretty sure it was flashed 7 times... o_0

And throughout the show, it must have gotten past the 25 mark. I liked it the previous episode but it's getting overdone.

I am, but that stupid shoulder thing got on my nerves from the get go

Was Comfort the one who started it all?

Quote Originally Posted by wtsmiley View Post
    Was Comfort the one who started it all?
    I'm not sure that it started on the actual show, it must have started backstage and during rehearsal and stuff so I don't think Comfort was necessarily the one who started it. It was probably either Comfort, Twitch, or Will.

I think it's kind of cute but it's getting annoying really fast.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by SirLurk View Post

YES! I am soooooooooooo tired of it. At first I thought it was something making fun of Comfort's "click click" shoulder, but after seeing them all do it so much, it must be some bigger inside joke.

I also noticed Toni say "street" over and over and OVER!

I just saw everything online without getting ruined of the results, not bad. Huge fan of that contemporary, and the whole Comfort and Mark pairing with a Fox Trot, screamed of trying to get rid of them. TOo bad they didn't get their wish.

The shoulder thing started with Lil C, and in one of the previous episodes he even said what it meant, but yeah it is ultra annoying, especially with the intros.

That guest judge was very... energetic, to say the least She had a very unique way of describing things.

I hope they bring back Lil' C as a judge... he was probably the most eloquent and unbiased judge they've had. Definitely one of my fave judges!

Am I the only person who was COMPLETELY lost when Toni started critiquing Katee and Twitch's fierce Broadway routine? I had no idea what she was saying . . .

I hope Lil C comes back too . . he's probably my favorite judge.