Achievements

Mark Kanemura

Full name:Mark Kenneth Ioane Kanemura
    Nickname:Marky, Geisha, Markooshka
    Current residence:Honolulu, Hawaii
    Birthplace:Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hometown:Honolulu, Hawaii
    Birthday:09/17/1983

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    No

Are you married?
    No

Do you have any children?
    No

How old were you when you started dancing?

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Yes

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Contemporary Modern Funk……Tings!

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    I enjoy crafty things and I also like to think I’m a runway coach, I enjoy walk offs with friends, and in my car I’m a professional singer!!

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Don’t really have one in particular, but Bob Fosse is my absolute favorite choreographer!!!!!!!

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No, but my sisters taught me my first moves…..the running man, the cabbage patch……good stuff!!!

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Yes

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    Opportunities to grow, Teaching and Dancing around the world. I would love to leave a mark (no pun intended) in people’s minds and hearts!

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    Directing and Choreographing tours and stage shows, I would love to work with Cirque and also artists that are constantly pushing their art and raising the bar.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    The last day of Vegas auditions!!!.... It was the first time I truly gave every part of myself while dancing, it was an incredible experience!!!!!!!
    What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    So far, this process has been a huge challenge mentally!!!!! I’m learning that I can’t be so inverted. I need to allow myself to be somewhat vulnerable to the choreographers, dancers, and environment in order to grow. I have also learned that if you wake up and you think your hair looks cute, you should probably still do it or put something in it to maintain the look, that way it doesn’t look like you have a mop on your head by the end of the day!!!!! Hahaha.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    2 words "The Frug"......GENIUS!

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    WADE!!!!!!.........He is on another planet…in another mind set!!!!!......I LOVE IT!!!!!! All the choreographers on the show have HUGE passion for what they do……I’m excited to work with people that are passionate about what they do and be able to learn how to speak in their languages.

source: www.fox.com

he is so fiiinneee

he is so cuttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    The Ones To Watch Discussion Thread; http://www.rtvgames.com/showthread.php?t=25297

I wouldn't say that he's the best male dancer but I just love him! The judges were right when they said he gets into character. That's my favorite part of his dancing, it just really gets me into the dance. I really want him to stay until the end! He's truly an amazing dancer.

I don't like the way he plays to the camera whenever the phone number's being said or when he's coming up to dance after the break... otherwise, he's a good performer.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginethat1107 View Post
    I wouldn't say that he's the best male dancer but I just love him! The judges were right when they said he gets into character. That's my favorite part of his dancing, it just really gets me into the dance. I really want him to stay until the end! He's truly an amazing dancer.
    UPDATE: I WOULD say that he is the best male dancer on the show.

This week wasn't his best but I'm kind of obsessed with him.

FOR ALL YOU GIRLS/FEROSH ho's Mark has one thing to show you.......
      Spoiler:  

IT'S FAKE OR AT LEAST I THINK SO!

But just wanted to give the girls some eye candy just cause use boys have plenty of girls on RTVG from the models etc.......

Achievements

Love him.

Achievements

Just bumping his thread.

Yay @ him for actually getting a job that isn't a reality show. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    Just bumping his thread.

Yay @ him for actually getting a job that isn't a reality show. :]
    what job does he have? out of the loop. i hope he gets to be my wife. man i'm so sexist.

Achievements

Hahaha.

He's been dancing with Lady GaGa since her Paparazzi performance at the VMA's!

Hahaha.

He's been dancing with Lady GaGa since her Paparazzi performance at the VMA's!
    wow that's great. in her live shows?
    i don't think i've seen him in any of her videos but i usually just watch lady gaga:D

Achievements

Yes! He's performed with her on her tour and also on Oprah and in the Telephone video.

The stud right in between GaGa and Beyonce at the diner scene.
    As well as one of the men with the chef hats!

Yes! He's performed with her on her tour and also on Oprah and in the Telephone video.

The stud right in between GaGa and Beyonce at the diner scene.
    As well as one of the men with the chef hats!
    really?! wtf how did i miss that. i have to rewatch it. thanks anth

Achievements

No problem. (:

I was thrilled when I spotted him at the VMA's.
    He is my all time favorite from the show.

OMG mark is going to be one of the 12 star dancers on so you think you can dance 7! oh man how will this work? but the more i get to see of mark the happier i'll be. couple of my favorite guys are back including twitch, neil, dominic and pasha. i'm not liking the girls too much but yeah. so weird, i really didn't like last season so i hope this one rocks.

RTVG Idol
    I wonder if anyone recognized him in Telephone video? He is in the kitchen and restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by brb View Post
    OMG mark is going to be one of the 12 star dancers on so you think you can dance 7! oh man how will this work? but the more i get to see of mark the happier i'll be. couple of my favorite guys are back including twitch, neil, dominic and pasha. i'm not liking the girls too much but yeah. so weird, i really didn't like last season so i hope this one rocks.
    They are only having a top 10 this year instead of a Top 20 and each week one of the Top 10 will be paired with an All-Star who specializes in the type of dance they have to do that week. Only members of the Top 10 will be voted off and the All-Stars will be there all season.

It kinda sounds weird, and I definitely don't know why they're trying to change something that imo isn't broken, but I'm really excited for some of the All-Stars!

2 hour season premiere on Thursday the 27th!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast