Achievements

Katee Shean

Full name:Katee Taira Shean
    Nickname:Yes - Heffer
    Current residence:Orange , CA
    Birthplace:San Jose, CA
    Hometown:San Jose, CA
    Birthday:05/14/1988

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    I attend Chapman University as a dance and leadership and organizational studies double major—I just finished my sophomore year.

Are you married?
    No

Do you have any children?
    No

How old were you when you started dancing?

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Yes

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Contemporary

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    Volunteering, eating and making dinosaur impressions.

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Too many to list! Anyone who inspires me.

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Yes. Public functions.

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I would love to learn from all the amazing choreographers, grow as a dancer, and hopefully make it to the top 10 while sharing my passion for dance with everyone.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I would love to be pursuing my first love of dance by being able to dance and teach professionally, and I would also like to be following my second passion of community service by being involved and helping non-profit organizations.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    Performing in Costa Rica.

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    I have learned that more than anything your passion, heart, and drive has to come through in your dancing and in your actions, because without it dance is just movement.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    Watching the Jabowokees, Jiri Kylian and the Black and White Ballets, Mia Michaels bench piece on the show, center stage, Paul Taylor’s Esplanade, Stomp and more.

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    As many as I can! Mia Michaels, Tabitha and Napolean, Wade Robson, Mary Murphy, Mandy Moore, Tyce Diorio, Jean-Marc Généreux, Adam Shankman!

source: www.fox.com

Has her fanbase decreased since what happened with her and the judges?

Can someone please explain what happened? I don't quite follow. :|

All I saw was this : http://youtube.com/watch?v=hOU7aNc0HDk
    but what is Nigel talking about?

O N E C U T A B O V E

Vote "The Sauvignon Serenade"

Nigel asked Katee that if she would try out again next season if she didn't make it. At first she said no and while she tried to explain the judges started critizing her saying how they don't wanna let someone who won't try in. So they sent both her and her friend backstage while they re-voted. Backstage Katee started crying since she did wanna be there and since the judges had a split decision, Katee was allowed to still be in the cast.

What the judges did to her was a travesty. Katee said she wouldn't TRY OUT again (and if you think about it, after getting rejected twice, most good dancers would just move on and pursue a real dance job), she never said she would QUIT DANCING.

And honestly, if a dancer tries out twice and gets rejected twice (after making it to Vegas) and still comes back for a third time, they are probably either (a) Desperate, or (b) a fame whore. If you are good enough, two tries ought to do it... sometimes you ARE good and you know you're good, but they still don't pick you (see Anthony Bryant!). You just have to conclude that it's not your dancing, they simply don't like YOU.

And so... I actually think it's commendable Katee had the nerve to tell them to their faces that NO, she wouldn't come back after they rejected her twice. Did the judges expect people to just come crawling back multiple times just so they can get talked down to? SYTYCD is not the be all and end all of dance, so the judges shouldn't expect people to give up years of their lives for 15 minutes of reality TV fame.

So the judges really needed to STFU and keep their condescending whining to themselves. They wouldn't let Katee explain herself! I hope she shows them up and gets a huge fanbase.

Does anyone remember the last time the judges disliked someone for their "attitude". Yeah, that was Danny who was the runner up.

OK rant over... for now!

I wouldn't try out again if I had been cut right before top 20! You have to make a lot of sacrifices to go to Vegas and all of that. (like her friend who missed graduation or the guy who quit his job). You can't get mad at someone who won't try out again!

I absolutely agree. Who does Nigel think he is to say that. Katee has more things than just dancing to take care of, and he seems to totally forget that (eg. education HELLO?)

O N E C U T A B O V E

Tonight just reaffirmed my support for Katee. Best dance of the night!

It was almost a flashback to Sabra & Dominic doing the nice slow hip hop routine, and Sabra surprising everyone with her hip hop ability. SAME thing with Katee!

I didn't think much of Katee before last night's performance, but now I think she is absolutely amazing. She's definitely one to watch.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bitter View Post
    It was almost a flashback to Sabra & Dominic doing the nice slow hip hop routine, and Sabra surprising everyone with her hip hop ability. SAME thing with Katee!
    EWW! That Sabra/Dom routine was SO BAD!

I LOVED Katee/Joshua's routine though. So powerful and amazing dancing! Definitely the best of the night for me too.

Crazy good OMG. I LOVE Katee, ever since her audition, because she just shines! I was so shocked when she hit those moves in the beginning of the routine. Those pops were pretty damn good! And the 'leg slides'.

O N E C U T A B O V E

Her solo this week gave me chills, tbh.

I always seem to forget about her for some reason. But I think she's amazing.

The girl to beat in my opinion!! She brings it every week!

I know everyone thinks she doesn't have a personality.
    But she by far is my favorite personality of this season, next to Comfort. Just because she doesn't overexaggerate stuff like dancers like Mark, I think she is sweet, bubbly, and not fake. Her personality seemed really awesome in her audition too.

If the producers were willingly able to give her 50,000 dollars for America's Best Female Dancer, imo, it's quite clear they think she should have won. I don't blame them. EVERY dance she did was memorable and flawless. She didn't have one average dance, they were all great. With her sparkling personality and flawless dancing, she'll always be the true winner in my eyes and I'll never understand how she didn't win . . . or at least how TWITCH beat her

And as much as I LOVE Joshua, I have to say, the only dances that I remember of him are the ones with Katee . . . and I only remember those dances cause of Katee. I don't remember any of his other dances with other partners (Chelsie, Twitch, Courtney) unfortunetly. He's still a great winner tho, I just wish Katee could have at least been in the final 2 with him.

I agree. Love Joshua, but I only remember him when he dances with Katee. Other than that, I can't remember a single thing he did.

Day 2 in progress. Check out The Hunger Games: RTVG thread in the Non-Reality Based Games to see what's happening in the arena!

Just as a testament to how good Katee was... how CONSISTENTLY good she was, she was chosen for FOUR of the repeat dances: hip hop, pas de deux, bollywood and contemporary!

QM, you hit the nail on the head exactly. Joshua only shone when he was with Katee. In fact, the guys who did dance with Katee arguable had their best dances when paired with her: Joshua (Bollywood, Mia's Contemp, Hip Hop), Twitch (Mia's Contemp), Will (Pas de Deux).

She's one of those dancers that isn't just amazing herself, but she is able to elevate and highlight her partner as well, which I think is a rare combo of abilities on SYTYCD. There have been many brilliant dancers who just aren't able to click with partners and end up being eliminated early.

Anyway, I am so proud of Katee for pulling off the pas de deux without the twirl mistake! :D Whooooo Katee (and Will)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast