Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katee Shean

Achievements

That's definitely a matter of opinion, because I think Josh shone in all his dances, whether he was with Katee or not. Look at Jessica and Will. Will was amazing and Jessica was not. The judges took every opportunity to beat Jessica down for that. If Josh wasn't amazing enough to hold his own with Katee, the judges would have knocked him down fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    That's definitely a matter of opinion, because I think Josh shone in all his dances, whether he was with Katee or not. Look at Jessica and Will. Will was amazing and Jessica was not. The judges took every opportunity to beat Jessica down for that. If Josh wasn't amazing enough to hold his own with Katee, the judges would have knocked him down fast.
    W/E.

Ahahahah Just kidding

But what you say is exactly my point though! Even amazing dancers dance routines that are not well received (like Will with Jessica), but as soon as Will was paired with Katee, magic happened!

I don't doubt Josh was good, he definitely was. But I think so much of his sparkle was developed when he was with Katee. It's hard to predict what would have happened had he been paired with someone else in the Top 20... what if the original pairings had been Katee/Will & Joshua/Jessica? I honestly think Jessica would have dragged Joshua's popularity down, just like she did Will's and I don't think Joshua would have ended up winning. Likewise, if they did pair girls together in Top 20 and it had been Katee/Jessica, I think Katee wouldn't have been the top girl.

Of course, the opposite argument can also be made... Joshua helped Katee's fanbase grow, and I'm sure that was true as well. I just think Joshua benefited from being paired with Katee more than she did being paired with him.

This argument could go on forever... ahah

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bitter View Post
    Just as a testament to how good Katee was... how CONSISTENTLY good she was, she was chosen for FOUR of the repeat dances: hip hop, pas de deux, bollywood and contemporary!

QM, you hit the nail on the head exactly. Joshua only shone when he was with Katee. In fact, the guys who did dance with Katee arguable had their best dances when paired with her: Joshua (Bollywood, Mia's Contemp, Hip Hop), Twitch (Mia's Contemp), Will (Pas de Deux).

She's one of those dancers that isn't just amazing herself, but she is able to elevate and highlight her partner as well, which I think is a rare combo of abilities on SYTYCD. There have been many brilliant dancers who just aren't able to click with partners and end up being eliminated early.

Anyway, I am so proud of Katee for pulling off the pas de deux without the twirl mistake! :D Whooooo Katee (and Will)!
    I have stayed away from this forum eagerly awaiting the results and i must say Katee is amazing and she just dances so well with all her partners... go girl.. good on you for winning the 50k to think this was a girl who auditioned twice and was ready to give SYTYCD away....

WOOO WOOO Katee you are amazing.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol @ me remembering Katee in just about every dance still but completely forgetting about Joshua.

I loved Katee... such a sweet personlity and she ALWAYS tried her best and she was a fantastic dancer.

Who didn't just shine, but let her partner shine as well.

I think Katee was totally robbed. Like Will. She was the most and best consistent dancer and she got eliminated. What kind of blimp is this??!!
    Rest in peace forever Daulmonster. We'll be saying hi to you forever

forever young, I wanna be forever young.
    do you really wanna live forever, forever, forever...

This girl was robbed
    I can't believe she lost to Joshua and Twitch. The final 2 should have been Joshua/Katee or Katee/Courtney.

And this is a late response but IA. That's one reason I love Katee so much. Not only did she shine but her partners always shined with her too. I couldn't STAND Will but when he danced with Katee, he performed my favorite dance of the entire season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12