Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 1,729 to 1,735 of 1735

Thread: Australia's Next Top Model 5

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra2011 View Post
    As I am watching the show right now, it is just INSANE how much WORSE AusNTM has got towards season 10.

Back then it was really all about making em into real working models while really having fun there and creating those challenges which would naturally lead to some drama. The girls weren't afraid to confront each other and the Aussie TV wasn't so PG13 oriented. Cause when I think of come arguments/fights which happened in seasons 3-5, I can already imagine HUUUUUGE outburst in the media saying how awful girls behaviour is and etc. Which is honestly upsetting cause those fights/emotions are the premises of the whole Reality-TV shows.

The girls were also really transforming over the course of the competition and I really loved it. I am currently at the Lola's elimination episode and I really was impressed with how they all walked and looked during the Fashion-Show. Not knowing the outcome I would have really found it almost impossible to guess the winner at that point.

Ugh, good show. Why has Aussie television become so washed out?
    I mean I am not from OZ but I guess the reason is that social media has allowed people who are easily offended to cry over small things forever and not to stop until something is done about it. Those people do not represent the majority, though. It is like with the Simposns and Apu. You can easily see that most fans love Apu and hardly anyone dislikes him (try to find a comment in all those discussions about Apu that is negative). Yet because literally a few people kept whining forever and ever he was eventually written off the show.
    Starting with cycle 9 AusNTM became way to boring. I was not even a huge fan of cycle 5 but I don't really get how you can be offended by TV like that. I thought Lola was a horrible person but there are people like that in real life. The only thing I disliked was Lola winning the challenge after stealing Cassi's lines because it put the message out there that you can win by cheating.
    Perfect picture: Sophie AusNTM C3

https://www.rtvgames.com/showthread.php?t=246558

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

But it made such ICONIC TV-moment.

And Lola admitted stealing it in front of the judges, she had balls <3

Also the moment girls put all the cigarettes into Mikarla's bed and Cassi later trashed em into Tahnee's bed. Damn this was TV!

But it made such ICONIC TV-moment.

And Lola admitted stealing it in front of the judges, she had balls <3

Also the moment girls put all the cigarettes into Mikarla's bed and Cassi later trashed em into Tahnee's bed. Damn this was TV!
    It would have been stupid to lie about it, though, I mean it was really obvious she stole the lines and all the girls knew.
    Perfect picture: Sophie AusNTM C3

https://www.rtvgames.com/showthread.php?t=246558

I don’t consider it cheating I think Cassi was real stupid to say it in a competition and NOT expect it to get stolen

Even if the girls promised not to (which I don’t think they did); it’s just a lesson of what not to do in a competition.
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    ASIA: Jess
    AU: Alice|Amanda|Montana
    US: Nicole F|Caridee|Ann
    KRN: Hyun Ji|Gi Ppeum
    Favorite Male Contestant: Yong Soo
    ALL-TIME FAVORITE NTM WINNER...
    SHIN HYUN JI

As I am watching the show right now, it is just INSANE how much WORSE AusNTM has got towards season 10.

Back then it was really all about making em into real working models while really having fun there and creating those challenges which would naturally lead to some drama. The girls weren't afraid to confront each other and the Aussie TV wasn't so PG13 oriented. Cause when I think of come arguments/fights which happened in seasons 3-5, I can already imagine HUUUUUGE outburst in the media saying how awful girls behaviour is and etc. Which is honestly upsetting cause those fights/emotions are the premises of the whole Reality-TV shows.

The girls were also really transforming over the course of the competition and I really loved it. I am currently at the Lola's elimination episode and I really was impressed with how they all walked and looked during the Fashion-Show. Not knowing the outcome I would have really found it almost impossible to guess the winner at that point.

Ugh, good show. Why has Aussie television become so washed out?
    I actually don't think the problems with Cycles 9 and 10 really were them being too pc-friendly, or non-controversial.
    It was the fact that they removed the audience from the entire process.

The judging was clearly done before hand... The photos were reviewed, the scores given, the decisions made... all behind the scenes. So we never got any real moments in judging. No seeing Alex trying to axe every short girl, no Charlotte saying hell will freeze over before Jordan (C3) goes home, no Jodhi saying "Demelza is 100% safe"... In old cycles, we actually saw the judges fighting it out and truly judging and arguing to determine who should go home...
    Thats all gone now. Its all pre-determined.. So we just get this overproduced, fake judging where even the order the contestants are judged in are a giveaway as to whether they will be safe or not (because of the scoring)

And when it comes to the drama...
    You get the feeling that old cycles just allowed the girls to interact and they filmed what happened in a documentary style... Shine stripped all that out, and overplanned everything.. So rather than real drama, we get dramatic sweeping shots of the girls staring into the distance, saying generic BS.... Meaning we aren't getting any real moments.

Its almost like they wanted to give us the most polished, pristine product, and in doing so... completely removed anything for us to genuinely connect with what we are seeing.

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

Exactly.

Like even during seasons 9-10 I remember that they actually uploaded some in-house videos of the girls being themselves and just having fun.

Cause what made the edit was just over-polished scene with girls crying 24/7.

can you say... magnetic? NikkySan's Avatar
    This was the best AusNTM cast. People will probably say C6 or even C7 but quite a few of those girls from those cycles all looked the same and it was hard to distinguish them. Every girl in C5 had a unique look and brought something different to the table, they were all gorgeous. I do agree that C6 had the edge in the shoots, but C5 had plenty of great shoots as well and along with so many iconic photos.

God, I'm so nostalgic for this cycle. How is it 10 years old? I remember all the ads hyping up Cassi's fight with Clare.
    Last edited by NikkySan; 08-30-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697