Thread: Beauty & The Geek: Beauties vs. Geeks

Beauty & The Geek: Beauties vs. Geeks

From the producing team of Ashton Kutcher and Jason Goldberg ("Punk'd"), The CW's hit reality show "Beauty and the Geek" returns with an outrageously competitive fifth season, where the new contestants learn they will be competing not as beauty/geek pairs but beauties vs. geeks. The season premieres Tuesday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET).

The contestants include nine gorgeous but academically impaired women and nine brilliant but socially challenged men. The challenges will test intellect and social skills to give contestants a chance to win the $250,000 grand prize.

Among the new challenges, the geeks will be in-studio guests with Dr. Drew on the nationally syndicated radio program "Loveline" and will learn if they have an eye for fashion when providing make-unders to the beauties. The beauties go where they have never gone before when they get all dolled up in their best plumbing outfits and learn to clean clogged pipes. They also join the geeks for a cameo on the #1 daytime drama "The Young and the Restless." Each of the previous seasons resulted in an unlikely romantic connection between a beauty and a geek. Don't miss what happens in the first week of the new season!
    http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../20633394.html

I don't know if I like this idea. The concept is taking a turn for the worse as a social project. If the men will be working with the men, and the women with the women, where's the positive interaction? It's going to be a lot tougher for the geeks.

I agree. It seems as if they have abandoned the idea of the show as a "social project", and now only care about the entertainment value.

If the geeks only work with geeks, and the beauties only work with beauties, how will they learn anything? I thought one of the main points of the show was to have the beauties learn from the geeks and to have the geeks learn from the beauties . .