Thread: Jerry Rice (Celebrity)

Achievements

Jerry Rice (Celebrity)

PROFESSION:
    Athlete

PARTNER:
    Anna Trebunskaya

BACKGROUND:
    Jerry Rice was born in Crawford, Mississippi, the sixth of eight children. Growing up, Jerry and his brothers helped out with their father's bricklaying business. It was here that most think Jerry developed his now famous hand-eye coordination.

As a kid, Jerry was always very active and loved playing sports and riding horses. However, it wasn't until his sophomore year in high school that Jerry actually began playing football. And when it came time for his senior year, the offers to play collegiate ball were endless. Jerry chose Mississippi Valley State and also made a promise to himself that one day he would become a pro and finally be able to buy his parents a brand new home.

CAREER:
    While playing ball at Mississippi Valley State, Jerry set and broke every school record. But it was his performance in the Blue-Grey game that caught the eye of San Francisco 49ers coach, Bill Walsh. And although Jerry wasn't the fastest player on the field, Walsh recognized his potential. So in the 16th round of the 1985 draft, Jerry Rice became a 49er.

Jerry struggled his rookie year, but had his "coming out" during his second season with the team. He was named NFL Player of the Year by Sports Illustrated and from then on, the records started to fly.

Jerry Rice's sixteen seasons with the 49ers, teamed with Joe Montana, produced a football player who is today recognized as the greatest wide receiver to play in the NFL. He broke record after record on his way to the top; was selected to twelve Pro Bowls, made a Super Bowl appearance and was twice named Player of the Year.

Now in his seventeenth season, Jerry plays with his second NFL team, the Oakland Raiders.

PERSONAL:
    As much as playing football means to Jerry, his family is still the most important thing. In September 1987, Jerry married his college sweetheart, Jackie, and together they have three children.

source: http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing

Biggest surprise of the night!!! The man can move. Who knew? he was pretty good.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

He just has a little bit more enthusiasm than Master P. I think he's pretending to look tired so that his partner doesn't kill him...

The judges like it?? What the...? How the hell did he get 21?? BIAS, BIAS, BIAS!

I thought he had really good moves. The judges said that the Cha Cha was a fun dance and it really showed he had a lot of fun out there!
    Please get a copy of Kat McPhee's album IN STORES NOW!...

He really surprised me. I thought he would be a real dud!!

I think Jerry did AWESOME this week --- he totally looked light on his feet --- good stuff

Jerry surprised me he sure can bust a move
    COMING VERY SOON: Summer/Fall Games

RTVG MILLIONAIRE 2: Tougher Questions, 2 Lifelines, 12 players.

SURVIVOR:Treasure Island: Evreyone for themselves , 14 Players

RTVG Gilligan's Island 2: 14 Players

Achievements

I'm a Jerry lover! I might have to start watching football or something now. Jerry is adorable! I love how he takes it so seriously and wants to win so much. He did great the first week and EXCELLENT tonight!

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

He better go next week. It's funny he labels himself the underdog when Lisa really is. At least she contends with Stacy & Drew. If she doesnt make the final 3 and Jerry does I will be pissed. He better not fricking win after all of his average performances.

OK - I was disgusted that he beat Lisa and made the finals, but after last night, I am not so mad I think he totally redeemed himself and actually did a good good job with the Foxtrot. I also think he was super fun in the Freestyle and I think that he did BETTER than Stacy did in the freestyle -- WAY TO GO JERRY! I didn't vote for you, but you showed us that you are a true competitor and gave it your all!

^^^ Well, I still think Lisa being in the finals (with, I bet, her Paso Doble and her funky attitude for the freestyle) would have brought the competition up just a tad bit. But Jerry was awesome, ESPECIALLY in his freestyle!

The thing that worries me though is that since they're so close in points, and his power voters have been making him get through the past rounds, he actually has a chance at winning this thing !!!
    Please get a copy of Kat McPhee's album IN STORES NOW!...