Thread: Marie Osmond & Jonathan Roberts

Achievements

Marie Osmond & Jonathan Roberts

MARIE OSMOND
    Actress and singer

BACKGROUND:
    Osmond won the hearts of fans as co host of the popular variety program, The Donny & Marie Show. She has since starred in several made for television movies, co hosted Ripley's Believe It or Not, achieved success as a recording artist, performed on Broadway, made the New York Times bestselling authors list, and established herself as an entrepreneur with her highly successful Marie Osmond Collectible Doll line. She is also the co founder and co host of the Children's Miracle Network.

JONATHAN ROBERTS

STATS:
    Style: Latin
    Nationality: American
    Based in: San Jose, California

ACHIEVEMENTS:
    • 2004 USA Rising Star Latin Champion
    • 2003 Blackpool Rising Star Latin
    • 1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom
    • 2 times undefeated USA pro am 10 dance champions
    • 3 times undefeated USA pro am Latin champions
    • 2 times USA pro am American Ballroom champions.
    BACKGROUND:
    During Season 1, Jonathan partnered supermodel Rachel Hunter into 4th place. Season 2, Jonathan and his partner journalist Giselle Fernandez, finished in 8th place. He partnered charity campaigner Heather Mills into 7th place during Season 4.

Jonathan started dancing 11 years ago, at the age of 20. He is one of the few competitors representing America who was actually born in the United States.

Coming from a big sports background in high school (namely basketball), it was as much of as shock to Jonathan as it was to his family and friends when he discovered a passion for ballroom dancing. Jonathan went to see the Al Pacino movie Scent of a Woman and there was something about the famous tango scene that struck a chord. He took advantage of the free ballroom lesson offered on his movie ticket stub, and the rest is history.

With his first partner, Jonathan won the 1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom before deciding to focus on the Latin style.

Jonathan Roberts has been dancing with his current partner (and wife) Anna Trebunskaya for six years. Although only having danced together for a relatively short time, they have achieved many high placements in competitions around the world.

source: www.abc.com

Achievements

I used to love Marie Osmond when she and her brother had that talk show a long time ago. She has the background to potentially be good in this competition, but for some reason, I think she's going to choke.

Jonathan's start in dancing is funny I never really liked him until last season.

I see them being cut early on .

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

^ She's probably top 5-top 4 bound.

I feel bad that her dad just died. Hopefully she doesn't get eliminated tonight. I really did love her Quickstep. I hate how the producers always make her sweat it out and she's like always the last one safe.

She didnt deserve the 10
    Overall she is improving, but she is no where near a 10

Achievements

Tonight was a pretty straight forward elimination. I am a bit pissed Sabrina had to go so Jane could be spared, and only for her to leave the next week. Proof furthermore that Sabrina's elim was BS.

I don't think she'll leave next week. She has the sympathy vote going for her and she has Jane's votes now. I'd say she's top 4 IF not top 3.

I am downright surprised how far Marie has made it

Achievements

It's not too hard to believe with her big fanbase and her publicity during this show. I will honestly be shocked if she's not there next week. I think Jennie might be the one to fall victim to a shock boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swim4life107
    It's not too hard to believe with her big fanbase and her publicity during this show. I will honestly be shocked if she's not there next week. I think Jennie might be the one to fall victim to a shock boot.
    Yeah, to be honest, I'm not surprised she is there either. I feel that Jennie will go next, then Marie, and hopfully Mel can pull out a win.

Achievements

I believe it's final 3 this year for the finale.

Mel has basically had this in the bag since Sabrina left.