Thread: Josie Maran & Alec Mazo

Achievements

Josie Maran & Alec Mazo

JOSIE MARAN
    Model/actress

BACKGROUND:
    Josie Maran has graced the pages of some of the biggest magazines, including multiple covers for Glamour and appearances in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue. She's also been featured in national ad campaigns for Guess and Maybelline, and has appeared in such films as The Aviator and Van Helsing. Today, Josie is a busy entrepreneur, activist and new mom. She launches her eponymous eco chic cosmetic line Josie Maran Cosmetics this fall and is a supporter and member of the environmental organization Global Green. Josie also works with the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, as well as Teens for Safe Cosmetics in their outreach and education campaigns.

ALEC MAZO

STATS:
    Style: Latin
    Nationality: American
    Based in: Los Angeles

ACHIEVEMENTS:
    • Emerald Ball Latin Amateur Champion
    • 1st Place 2001 International Grand Ball (San Francisco)
    • 1st Place 2001 Holiday Ball (Las Vegas, Nevada)
    • Six time U.S. National Finalist
    BACKGROUND:
    Alec has been dancing since he was five years old. Alec moved to America from Russia with his family when he was 12. His mother ran a dance studio, and today Alec runs two ballroom dance schools, one in San Francisco Bay Area and another in Los Angeles.

Alec and his partner Edyta only turned Professional in 2005, having been successful amateur Latin competitors for the previous five years.

Alec has also studied acting at Playhouse West. He has appeared in the Vanessa Williams movie Dance With Me as well as numerous commercials. He has a BA in Cognitive Science from UC Berkeley.

source: www.abc.com

Achievements

These two seem like a really good match and I think they'll make it far. I hope Josie's a good dancer. This is one of my definite top 3 couples pre-show.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    These two seem like a really good match and I think they'll make it far. I hope Josie's a good dancer. This is one of my definite top 3 couples pre-show.
    Ahhh ....