Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoria's Secret Petitioned To Make Carmen Carrera Its First Transgender Model

Victoria's Secret Petitioned To Make Carmen Carrera Its First Transgender Model

Quote Originally Posted by The Huffington Post

"RuPaul's Drag Race" season three favorite Carmen Carrera made history when she publicly transitioned after the show's conclusion.

Since her "Drag Race" days, Carrera has been making headlines as a show-stopping part of W Magazine's "Showgirls" and a voice for transgender women through outlets such as GLAAD.

Now, following her appearance in the Marco Marco runway show, a new Change.org petition is calling on lingerie giant Victoria's Secret to reach out to Carrera and invite the trailblazing icon to become the brand's first transgender model.

The petition notes:
    "This petition is for Victoria's Secret to seriously consider taking Carmen Carrera on as an angel. By making Carmen the very first trans supermodel, you will help to end femmephobia within the LGBTIQQA community but also it will show the entire trans community that you embrace them as your patrons."

Want to help? Head on over to Change.org to add your voice to the conversation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/carmen-carrera-victorias-secret_n_4219136.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

yes im sure VS would totally do that

11.5 months

I signed it. Carmen looks amazing in lingerie. I'm not a big fan of VS in general, but I'm always for a little more diversity on the runways.

Signed, I don't think it's gonna happen but it can't hurt and I'd love it if it did happen. Carmen is flawless.

She should work her way up, just like any girl. Alessandra Ambrosio started as a fit model and is now their 3rd longest running Angel ever. If she does want the job, how about she goes to castings?

FRSH

Spoiler:  

FLUCTUAT NEC MERGITUR

She's not the one who started the petition, just to clarify, it was fans who did.

I'm aware. My point still stands.

FRSH

Spoiler:  

FLUCTUAT NEC MERGITUR

Achievements

I am so angry I didn't make this petition I love carmen. Anyone who knows me on this forum knows I Stan for her and I have wanted her to do vs since I laid eyes on her. I think she would look amazing on the runway. I mean I would love it of she went to a casting instead because I think vs would be 1. Taken by her beauty & 2. Love that she has something diverse that sets her apart. And vs is always very diverse. I really hope this happens for her one day it would be amazing to see

Quote Originally Posted by Siemgi View Post
    I'm aware. My point still stands.
    Who's that fat girl in your sig?!

#RPDR9 Yvie Oddly | Brooke Lynn Hytes | Plastique Tiara | Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

#iServeFace

Like petitions ever work. If this bitch wants to be a VS model just go to a casting and her fans are stupid for trying to give her a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Who's that fat girl in your sig?!
    Someone who shows just how mature you really aren't.

And who, by the way, has already worked for VS and didn't even need a petition.

FRSH

Spoiler:  

FLUCTUAT NEC MERGITUR

Quote Originally Posted by Thinspiration View Post
    yes im sure VS would totally do that
    They did do it last year so you never know.

I don't think these people realize how competitive it is to get cast in this show....

Quote Originally Posted by cocomoco View Post
    thats not for vs...unless ur joking?

11.5 months

thats not for vs...unless ur joking?
    I don't know if he was a staff member dress in ugly VS clothing doing his man walk but it's been confirmed it's VSFS 2012 runway.

I don't know if he was a staff member dress in ugly VS clothing doing his man walk but it's been confirmed it's VSFS 2012 runway.
    try again

11.5 months

try again

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! I was talking about the link I posted in my post. Not the gif.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! I was talking about the link I posted in my post. Not the gif.
    OH OMG AHAHAHAAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL

LOL
    LOL
    LOL

i want to high five you so hard rn

11.5 months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast