Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finale Discussion Thread

I'm sorry, but I'm pissed. If he would have just hired Randal, that would have been just fine. But for the opportunity for both to hired, and for him to to turn it down? Ugh. I won't even waste my time to type my opinion.

And agreed, don't get me started on Alla and Felisha. :
    Whoever said nothing's impossible, obviously never tried nailing jello to a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    That was disgusting. I lost every ounce of respect I had for Randal. How horrible of him. I hope people yell at him every day in the streets and give him no peace til he has to crawl to Trump begging him to hire Rebecca.

Had Rebecca won, she would've told Trump to hire Randal as well. She was pure class and Randal is a complete jackass. What a horrible finale. TRUMP SHOULD NOT HAVE LISTENED TO THAT ASS!

And don't get me started on the way Alla was acting. UGH! Horrible.
    I AM SO SO SO UPSET RIGHT NOW! You took the words our of my mouth Aly. I was OK that Randal won. But giving someone else the same opportunity with a snap? Oh he better not show his face EVER in future episodes haha! I DON'T CARE about Randal, oh and add his pretty dogs Felicia and Alla too!

Trump better offer some good candidates for the next one, or else it will be as bad as Rob M. and Amber winning "Survivor" or Es' lead veto !!!

Erghhh... I just want to slap something right now...!!!
    Please get a copy of Kat McPhee's album IN STORES NOW!...

Achievements

I'm completely pissed right now. Randal is an asshole and i hope that trump knows it now. Rebecca was as deserving as he was to get the job, but because he is a little selfish bitch, he didn't give her the chance to be hired too. and for Randal to say that Rebecca was the weakest link on her team and that's why Alla got rid of her was an insult, because Alla got rid of all the girls except her "friend" Felisha... that's why Rebecca was transfer to the other team... and to be honest, the only time that Randal "shined" was when he was a project manager, other than that, you barely saw him helping or doing anything.. so i guess he's been selfish since the beginning but we where too blind to see...
    I'm sorry for Rebecca because I think she's a better person than Randal, but I know that she'll have a bright future anyways.. your lost, Mr. Trump!

My first instinct was Randall should have pushed to give Rebecca the job. Problem is, Trump put the decision on him... and Randall had an answer ready. I can't help but think that Randall knew that there was a possibility Trump would consider both to be hired.
    Myself, I wouldn't have done what Randall had done. But I'm not too tough.

What was Randall's motivation for his decision?
    There is the possibility that maybe... Randall had already thought about it a bit, and maybe Randall really didn't think Rebecca was ready to be Mr. Trumps employee... and just given an executive decision, he decided to go with what he thought was the right thing to do... he had to know it was going to be unpopular too.

Then again, maybe he was doing it because he did want the title to himself. Maybe it was self pride.

I kind of respect the first motivator,(It's tough, but it was his decision), and of course the second is petty. We can't really determine for him what that motivator was. And maybe there was another motivation for the decision altogether. I'm looking forward to his interviews to find out what he says about it.

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

Ok if Rebecca is so well-polished at such a young, imagine how she'll be when she's as old as big bumby nose (Randal). I would have hired her in a heart beat. She's pretty even in skill wise with Randal. The ultimate tie breaker was Rebecca didn't have a penis.

For me there wasn't a tie, but if there was the tie breaker was the $11,000 Randal raised for his charity as oppossed to the $0 Rebecca raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Swim4life107
    Ok if Rebecca is so well-polished at such a young, imagine how she'll be when she's as old as big bumby nose (Randal). I would have hired her in a heart beat. She's pretty even in skill wise with Randal. The ultimate tie breaker was Rebecca didn't have a penis.
    What does his nose have to do with anything? :

Or his penis? I don't think this was based on the fact that he was male at ALL. I agree with Maxx. He kept the objective of the task forefront. Not to mention the rest of his excellent qualities. Oxford... and high marks. That's amazing.

What if Trump had said that he wanted to fill the other position that was up and asked Randal who he thought he should hire and Randal had said Alla or Josh or someone else other than Rebecca, would that have been different. Is all this in defense of Rebecca or just lashing at Randal?
    I still say that if Trump had actually wanted this to happen he would not have consulted anyone. How many times has George and Carolyn both said "Fire Joe" and the Trump says "Jane, you're fired"? That happens a lot. Trump does what he wants and if Trump had wanted to give a job to Rebecca, she would have one right now.

Stupid Randall. Even if it wasn't going to be a twist, you still need to have respect for your opponent. I thought Rebecca was going to cry. Give him hell Atlantic City!

The more I read around and the more I think about it, Randall was given a bum's rap on this one.

He earned the title of apprentice and then, after he got it...was asked to share it... he shouldn't have to, because Donald already made his decision. However, because he didn't share, he looks selfish.
    It's damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Mr. Trump should have never put him in this position in the first place. If Mr. Trump wanted to hire both, he should have just hired both. Then Trump would be taking the flak for not making the finale a "so-what" show... and make the finales in the future questionable. Instead, he passed the buck to Randall.
    I think it should be Trump people should be pissed at, not Randall.

Quote Originally Posted by toque
    The more I read around and the more I think about it, Randall was given a bum's rap on this one.

He earned the title of apprentice and then, after he got it...was asked to share it... he shouldn't have to, because Donald already made his decision. However, because he didn't share, he looks selfish.
    It's damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Mr. Trump should have never put him in this position in the first place. If Mr. Trump wanted to hire both, he should have just hired both. Then Trump would be taking the flak for not making the finale a "so-what" show... and make the finales in the future questionable. Instead, he passed the buck to Randall.
    I think it should be Trump people should be pissed at, not Randall.

Spoken perfectly! I was just about to come in here and post basically this.(Not as well as you did though!)

Quote Originally Posted by Davis_Rocks
    If Randal helped someone out...
    This show is a long job interview. He got hired. At that point he answers to his boss. In his opinion, Rebecca wasn't ready to do the job that was available. If that was his opinion should he have lied to his boss, to help someone out? This is a TV show but these people end up doing a job in real life, a real job, and in business you have to do what you feel is best for business and he didn't feel that Rebecca was good for Trump's business.
    There was suppossed to be a twist. So what? The twist was Randal did something America wasn't expecting. "It wasn't gentlemanly" What the hell? What does being a gentleman have to do with hiring someone?
    Trump Hired Andy from the second season about 3 months after the finale of season 2, so once again, if Trump really wanted to hire Rebecca he would have, regardless of what Randal had to say.
    Would Rebecca have done differently had the situation been reversed? She probably would have recomended Toral for the job

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

~

Quote Originally Posted by toque
    What does his nose have to do with anything? :

Or his penis? I don't think this was based on the fact that he was male at ALL. I agree with Maxx. He kept the objective of the task forefront. Not to mention the rest of his excellent qualities. Oxford... and high marks. That's amazing.
    Well actually Randal raised more money but the event sucked. If education means so much to trump, then why didn't he hire Jen M. when she was clearly the educated person. THAT'S RIGHT, SHE WAS A FEMALE!

Randal, Trump and Rebecca were on the Today Show this morning.

Of course Randal was asked about not hiring Rebecca. He stated that it is like winning a gold medal and he was being asked to give it back or share it. Trump responded with "99% would have hired her, but he's a tough guy". Now I think Trump respects Randal for his toughness. Just an additional reason for Randal being hired over Rebecca.

Of course Rebecca was also asked and she said she would have allowed Randal to be hired.

I won't say whether it is right or wrong. Business decisions cannot be compared to life decisions. Two complete different rights and wrongs. In life I'm a softy, in business just the opposite.
    FEATHERS IN THE WIND

What if Jeff Probst asked Danni is Steph should win too?

^^^ I think that's different. As Trump said, to him, it's not entertainment. He wants the person he hires the one to grow with him in his company. So if Trump was planning on hiring both, then he should've hired both. It's like the whole firing pattern this season... I meanhe fired FOUR at the same time, and then two at the same time. He's the producer, he can make whatever decision he wants regardless of rules.

Actually, now that you mention it, it's Trump's fault haha!!! But I still think that Randall should've shared his win. They did win together, they did work together, they helped each other out. If Randall feels fine with his decision, oh well. I just feel that it wasn't a nice thing for a "nice" guy to do.
    Please get a copy of Kat McPhee's album IN STORES NOW!...

Quote Originally Posted by Swim4life107
    Well actually Randal raised more money but the event sucked. If education means so much to trump, then why didn't he hire Jen M. when she was clearly the educated person. THAT'S RIGHT, SHE WAS A FEMALE!
    He hired Kendra. Why the heck did he do that? SHE was a female.
    I'm done arguing the sex issue. I don't think it weighed into the decision, you did. Nothing's going to change that.

I would never hire a 23 year old who never worked in business to head up a division of my company who had a losing record during the interview process. Randal said she was a great worker so maybe he felt that she wasn't up to being a leader yet. If Trump had asked Randal if she should be hired in another capacity, then his answer might have been different.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast