Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/1 Episode 12 Discussion - "The Beginning of the End"

andywhitfield

5/1 Episode 12 Discussion - "The Beginning of the End"

Discuss away! 2 Immunity Challenges and 2 Tribal Councils all in one episode!

You're the fire and the flood.
    ---------
    ---------------------------------

Probably condensed it into one episode because Eddie and Reynold are leaving.
    I am Anne Hathaway's #1 fan

woaaaaaaah ! IS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS EPISODE
    Alex........................... Chris.........................Cory......................... Jourdan................. Nina...........................Phil

YES YES YES

This season just redeemed itself!

What a blindside

Well, snap. That just happened.

Reynold voted out first tribal. Andrea blindsided second tribal.

I think the second person was my favorite person left, so that sucked, but this post-merge has been surprisingly great.

Even though they were on separate alliances, I did like both of them, so I was sad to see them go, but this season has been great so far!

Yep,Brenda is finally starting to do something, ans I loved Andrea's blindsinde, but I still dont know why she didndt use her idol

Click on the image and SING-UP!

An unexpectedly expected vote. The second person was an overrated player but used this second opportunity to better themselves. Too bad they started playing a little TOO hard this time around and got too comfortable for their own good.

The first boot was obvious choice but the second one was great. Very decent episode and I love the balance challenge.

She should've used the idol. It would've put her in Top 6!

Achievements

Wow. I should've liked this episode a whole lot more than I did because it was extremely action-packed, but it's hard for me to appreciate it when:
    1. The editing made it WAAAY too obvious that Andrea was getting booted
    2. My two favorites left!

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

Btw someone pointed out something pretty awesome on Sucks: Reynold voted for Erik, Erik for Eddie, Eddie for Sherri, Sherri for Reynold. First vote square ever!

I need to start posting here more since Survivor's my favorite show

Anyway lots of great things about the episode, but some things I was disappointed with. I wish Brenda was given more credit than Cochran for the blindside. Did Cochran help blindside Andrea? Of course, but I do not believe for a second that it was all his doing like the editors want us to believe by giving him 80% of the confessionals. From a story standpoint, Brenda should've gotten the credit. From the Phillip tribal council where Brenda was whispering Andrea's name to everyone around her, to the immunity challenge where there was some clear animosity between the two ladies, to Andrea attempting to orchestrate Brenda's blindside. It all would've just fit better if they gave Brenda more credit. I do honestly believe that she did more than was shown. Like I said, I'm not trying to discredit Cochran, he brought Andrea's plans to Dawn and Brenda's attentions, but I don't think it was the solo effort the editors made it out to be.

I also wonder how beneficial that move was for Cochran. I don't know why he didn't feel he was in Andrea's final three? I can't tell if he took out Andrea because she was going after Dawn or because he genuinely thought she was going after him? I think it would've been smarter for Cochran to take out Brenda because based on the preview, she has no intentions on taking him to the final three while I think Andrea wanted to go with Cochran and Erik.

I'm loving this angle the editor's have been going with these misguided power trips some players have been going on. Sherri and Erik's delusions of power at the end of each episode are absoloutely hilarious and I think it would be great if the two of them managed to make it to the final three.

Eddie's character has been intriguing me as well. I love that he is arguably the biggest loser in Survivor history. Eddie was in the majority for only two votes, and one of them was due to an idol. He gives me flashbacks of Jason from the original Fans vs. Favorites and I would also love to see Eddie randomly find himself in the final tribal council. A final three of Erik, Sherri, and Eddie would be the most lolstastic final three ever.

Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo View Post
    Btw someone pointed out something pretty awesome on Sucks: Reynold voted for Erik, Erik for Eddie, Eddie for Sherri, Sherri for Reynold. First vote square ever!
    Cool, I only remember the two triangle votes in China. Didn't notice that.

Word cannot express how much I love to see Andrea goes home... with an idol.

andywhitfield
    What a great episode, I am sad that Andrea was voted out. I'm happy that Brenda is beginning to shine but I have a feeling she is next to go. Dawn is known for turning on her allies and I do not think Brenda is an exception. Erik is loosing his marbles lol, I thought he wouldn't be struggling with food since it seems like he has been eating here and there. Overall I have a feeling Cochran will be calling the shots from here on out.

You're the fire and the flood.
    ---------
    ---------------------------------

What a great episode, I thought it was going to be a waste and Reynold and Eddie were going to be the obvious two boots, but when that second TC rolled around I was so excited.

Based on editing I thought Andrea was a shoe in for the final tribal council so to see her come in 7th is just crazy and I didn't see it coming. If cochran doesn't win this game I honestly don't know who will, possibly Dawn but I feel her edit hasn't been so great.

I loved Brenda this episode, this gave me flash backs of Nicaragua Brenda and I'm loving it especially scenes from next episode. I thought Brenda was a goner both TC because of how much Air time she was given.

I know there is probably no hope she wins this game, but I'm really glad she has made it to the final 6! Her telling Dawn next week to take out Cochran could be her downside has been very numerous people in this game!

Loving it, I thought it as going to be an obvious elimination list, but boy was I wrong!

RTVG Idol
    OMG Yes, they got her good :D Andrea blindside was flawfree, tho Reynold

I think there is an interesting meta sense to how the Andrea vote went down, because it was very similar to how Brenda was taken out the first time. During Nicaragua I had no illusions that Brenda would win--it would have been beyond obvious, and Brenda had become faaaaar too complacent in her power position. Having power in Survivor can be great, but when the peasants become restless they go to overthrow the king. Andrea had Phillip appear to be the king for the first chunk of the game while she held a lot of the power, but the second Phillip left Andrea had nowhere left to hide and she's been scrambling ever since. Brenda has not been the king this time around, but I think in general, even though it's not as fun to watch, players are better benefited if they can fly under the radar. Brenda learned from her past experience and let Andrea take the lead and thusly, take the fall. Was it an obvious vote? Sure, but the punch here wasn't about surprise, it was about the story. It was a great spot for both Andrea and Brenda's stories and I really appreciated that.

This episode has also made me feel very sure that Brenda's overall edit is probably going to be exactly like Brett's in Samoa... she flies under the radar, stays out of people's way until the very end where she bursts onto the map and becomes a gigantic endgame distraction, even though savvier viewers would realize that her complete lack of airtime for three quarters of the season makes her an exceedingly unlikely winner. I'm guessing she gets 4th.

Eddie continues to be amusingly superfluous. This vote the former Stealth-R-Us had bigger fish to fry, so he's safe. And honestly, the position he was in at top 7 was a fantastic position to be in. I like to call it the Danni Spot--if you aren't going to enter a merge in a power position, you want to be seen as the least dangerous member of the minority alliance. This means that you'll be the last outsider standing on the precipice of the majority alliance as they are about to be forced to turn on themselves, and if anyone inside that core group needs an extra number, you suddenly become very valuable. Unfortunately for Eddie, he's A) not that smart and socially savvy that he's built good inroads to exploit in the way that players like Danni or Chris have done in the past, and B) Andrea was the king of her alliance and the entire structure within was more than happy to dethrone her as a group, rendering Eddie's vote useless. I'm unsure if the other five have enough desire and/or incentive to turn on one another, and this close to the endgame, if Eddie makes F3 he has a great argument coming in. I'm thinking he's the next to go.

Erik has been portrayed interestingly. He's not a main character, but people often discuss that they are worried putting their trust in him, that they don't understand his gameplan, and that even though in the grand scheme of things he's seen as a pawn, people worry greatly about his capacity to make irrational decisions. The only think that could potentially save Eddie is if others feel unsafe keeping Erik in because he's such a wildcard. I don't think he's making finals, but if he does, we've been given the reasons why he won't win.

But I think the real F3 loser is Dawn, which I've been saying for a while now. This episode was more of the same--Dawn will backstab anyone, blah blah blah, etc.

Logically, nobody else but Cochran makes sense as a winner. Sherri has too spotty of an edit and half the time she's portrayed as waaaaay more UTRN than a winner would ever be allowed to be seen. Sure, she comes off as this very sure of herself, savvy power player at times, so I think that might snag her some votes if she's in the finals... but yeah, not to harp on Edgic but from that perspective, Cochran is really the only viable winner. And I'm happy about that, shoot.

So overall, my guess would be--

6th- Eddie
    5th- Erik or Sherri
    4th- Brenda
    3rd- Dawn
    2nd- Sherri or Erik
    1st- Cochran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast