Thread: 2/14 Episode 4: "The Ultimate Hard And Soft"

2/14 Episode 4: "The Ultimate Hard And Soft"

Teams are mixed up!

Dream team chooses 2 from Keeping It Real.

Keeping It Real chooses 1 from Dream team.

Challenge is to create a cohesive six piece collection that combines hardware and flowers.

Additionally, they showed Heidi Klum's Surprise ad, and Kate/Layana's dress looked great!

O N E C U T A B O V E

Vote "The Sauvignon Serenade"

Amazing show. This is one of the best I've seen in a long time

Dream Team finally delivered. Layana, Tu, Benjamin, Samantha's dresses were all heaven.

Extremely disappointed with the elimination though. As Heidi said, no one really did bad
    Last edited by valentino; 02-14-2013 at 10:31 PM.

O N E C U T A B O V E

Vote "The Sauvignon Serenade"

My favorite episode of the season by far. So far I've only been watching it because I'm a loyal fan but after this episode I'm finally starting to get ~into it~.

Everybody did a really great job this week. If anybody had to go I'm kind of glad it was Joe since I just do not get his aesthetic. But nobody really deserved the axe.

That whole thing with Amanda at judging was painful to watch, though. I really like her and it just can't feel good to have every single person on your team say you should be the one to leave.

Dream Team's looks Especially Samantha and Layana I was waiting for Samantha to be on the top and I'm really glad she finally got there.

THE BEST SHOW IN PROJECT RUNWAY HISTORY !
    Lana Del Rey / Fifth Harmony

,.|.,
    Bowing to Samantha's look.

Also not here for bitches trying to come for Amanda. She's a qt.

joe wasn't a fave but the way he took his elimination was really graceful and sweet and it made me wish that i had actually liked his stuff.
    layana, samantha and tu's dresses were amazing.
    the thing with amanda just sort of started because the first person mentioned problems with her dress and everybody jumped on the band wagon. even though i think patricia and daniel kind of expressed concern earlier. i don't think anyone really meant to feed her to the dogs.
    next challege looks like a disaster though. an outfit for a country singer? who ever thought that was a good challenge?

i'm gutted at joe's elimination. he was so adorable and though i didn't always buy into his aesthetic [it is very topshop/urban outfitters to me and hit or miss] all of the time, i appreciated his unique point of view. i also didn't think his sweater dress was the worst.

i felt bad that everybody ganged up on amanda, but i do feel like she should have been eliminated. to me, her dress looked sloppy and unfinished. the design was also very boring. and while the silhouette wasn't offensive, i thought the flowers with the moss and nails were a pretty garish combination. amanda even said it herself, the only redeeming feature of the dress were the dangling needles hanging off the back, which were kind of nice.

i guess in the end, i would have rewarded joe for taking a risk and eliminated amanda for her lack of creativity and lack of finishing.

overall though, this was a really good ep. everybody was really strong. hopefully they can keep this awesome pace up! i'm really enjoying this season so far. what a pleasant surprise because i was pessimistic about this whole teams gimmick at first. working great so far though.

SHANALI * MELISSA * JADE

This episode cemented my love for the season. I cannot bear to see any of the designers leave tbh.

loved the episode, there were some AMAZING pieces the girl(young girl thah won previous week, forgot her name) had my favorite piece.
    Very deserving FCO and even more deserving elimination.
    I still don't understand why designers ganged up against amanda though.

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

I'm watching the episode right now and I'm dying at the edit.

Michelle: "I DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH PATRICIA."
    *KIR picks Michelle*
    Michelle: "****. My. Life."
    Patricia: "Yaaaaaay Michelle!"

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

I really love Samantha a lot. She's a really great UTR presence. They always portray her in way that makes it look like she knows best, even when her team doubts her. I'm happy she was the first person on Dream Team to win a challenge.

I felt bad for Amanda and it did seem like they were bandwagoning on her by default, but I'm happy she stayed. I felt bad for Joe because he had a funny, quirky presence, but in the grand scheme of things, Amanda has been set up as a MORN villainous narrator, while Joe was just kinda there, so the elimination made sense.