View Poll Results: Which four contestants did best?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beyoncé

11 42.31%
  • Cśur

8 30.77%
  • Ellie

11 42.31%
  • Florence

14 53.85%
  • Jennifer

10 38.46%
  • John

6 23.08%
  • Lana

12 46.15%
  • Lily

9 34.62%
  • Tori

8 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CI5 Week 6: Covers

I think what marissa might mean is that once one judge thinks one thing, another judge thinks another. An example is this week with Ellie how some judges thought the song worked really well for her voice and another thought it didn't work at all. I can see how it'd be difficult to take criticism when judges are telling you different things, but not much can be done about it since judges judge independently from one another. It doesn't make the judges bad per se, it just makes it harder for the players. I typically try forming opinions before reading other rankings and critiques.
    ​RPDR10: Aquaria, Monet X Change

The thing is that I don't think that's happening more or less than in past seasons. It's always happened and will probably continue to happen since we're not professionals and music is obviously subjective. With Ellie only one judge didn't like it. Same with Tori and Lily. I don't think that makes this season's judging all over the place and I don't think that's the main reason for the unpredictable eliminations - is what I meant to say.

Natasha from season 4 is a good example of what I mean. The critiques she got were mixed multiple times in the second half of the season and she still made it all the way till the end.
    ۞
    Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes
    They call me on and on across the universe,
    Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
    They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe.

Sad I got eliminated because of versatility, since Coeur does exclusively piano & voice I enjoyed this game a lot, top 9 is pretty good for a first time

People still aren't ready

Imo the diversity of the comments and the unpredictable eliminations are what make this game really interesting though. I wish the current crop of real life singing competitions had the same quality.

U MAD?

omg thank you judges so much. I was so worried you guys would not have liked the song. You dont know how much I love when I get good feedback from you all. Its such a big relief.

One day I will make it to the top half of a judges weekly ranking. I believe in myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfall View Post
    One day I will make it to the top half of a judges weekly ranking. I believe in myself.
    You technically did week 2.~

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever View Post
    You technically did week 2.~
    I BELIEVED IN MYSELF AND I SUCCEEDED~

Quote Originally Posted by Alanis
    I did read about the judging and I honestly think I could have done a better job at explaining myself a little better so to clear it all out I'd like to rewrite my judging to all the ones that got confused or anything like that.

I do have my criteria when it comes to performances so here it is: when the performance itself goes out completely or in some way play a little with the theme of the week the required description gains more value as I think by risking yourself that way you need to sell me (and the other judges) the idea you had which is something I believe I've already said to Ellie at a previous week, last week I got the feeling Florence was being a little repetitive and while I praise Tori for her consistent sexy performance there is a difference between having a style and bringing the same thing over and over - what made me give Florence a better position this week for actually breaking what would it be the third week in a row with same sort of arrangement in the background.

Next there's Ellie while I think her voice is lovely and there's no such thing as "a country voice" for example, I don't think she was not happy with her song choice as "Some Nights " kind of asks for a more strong vocal that based on the way the song was played by the musicians at the background. I think that had Ellie found a different arrangement making the song more "calm" like Coeur did or adapted her voice into the way the background was it would be better.

Lana was a huge improvement like I've said. I started judging in week on which she had sent a poor audio quality performance and I could barely listen to her at all. But now I think her performance is at a stage on which it allows her to really be a threat to everybody else. The audio was better, her voice was soft and had a vintage tone - which is sort of what I expected all the way and didn't get fully during the weeks I was judging.

Now moving to Jennifer, I've already told her that when performing an overused song it's better bring it. And this week she did. The different from last week is that it was not generic, she toned down "And IIIIIIIII"a little and while it is mild change it brought something different to the table.

To sum it all up I'd like to say that there's no just picking your favourites and ranking. It's not that easy. I love Marina to death and actually was rooting for her win. But I have my criteria when it comes to ranking and while sometimes my critiques may sound dull and uninspired it has been difficult giving a critique and try to not expose what my ranking was.
    I'm trully sorry for Coeur elimination I liked her performance and how she changed the song to fit her. While it may have been seen as doing the same again I believe she actually embraced the theme very well.
    I know I'm moved into learning French because of you Coeur. Thank you.
    Last edited by justpassingby; 02-05-2013 at 01:16 PM.

^ Gurl, you rock.

Cœur!

I'm glad Jennifer was called second, though!

Really sad to see Coeur go. She was definitely one of my favorites, and I would have loved to compete with her even longer.

Achievements

Ugh. No matter what criticism the judges give me and how closely I follow it, I'll never be ranked in the top 2...

I'm out of here

Achievements

^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by BottleItUp View Post
    Ugh. No matter what criticism the judges give me and how closely I follow it, I'll never be ranked in the top 2...
    Ngl, I'm actually really surprised you weren't ranked highest by the judges, I thought yours was by far the best performance of the group. (and also this, but replace 2 with 5)

Quote Originally Posted by BottleItUp View Post
    You did audition week if you count that. And that was out of 13.

Ellie is my favorite, she is nice and beautiful, specially i like her hair style very much..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12