Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flawless X-Factor group signed to Syco!

Flawless X-Factor group signed to Syco!

Quote Originally Posted by Billboard

Simon Cowell is hoping to make stars of another all-boy group: California's own Emblem3.

"The X Factor" creator and judge, who mentored the Huntington Beach-based trio on season two of the series, has made it official, signing Wesley Stromberg, Keaton Stromberg and Drew Chadwick to his Syco Music via Columbia Records, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The boys are already in the studio working on their debut album, due out later this year, executive produced by Savan Kotecha (Maroon 5, Usher, One Direction).

"I was so impressed by the talent and energy of the Emblem3 boys that I had to work with them," says Kotecha, who also serves as vocal coach to many X Factor acts. "I'm looking forward to helping them fulfill their creative vision and working with the amazing Syco and Columbia team who, in my opinion, are the best in the business."

The as-yet untitled offering will be the first release through Kotecha's "Kanani" imprint on Syco Music.

Fans can expect plenty of collaborations on the release, including Benji and Joel Madden (Good Charlotte), Jack Antonoff (fun.), Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub (One Direction, Nicki Minaj), Peter Svensson (The Cardigans), John Feldman (Gold Finger) and Kool Kojak (Ke$ha, Nicki Minaj).

"With our new teammates at Columbia and Syco and along with Savan, I hope we can not only produce some empowering tunes, but also impact other people in a positive way and maybe help brighten things up a bit," says Wesley. "Music is all we've ever wanted to do -- and this is what we love to do."

The anti-boy band quickly became a fan favorite on season two of the Fox reality competition, performing an original song titled "Sunset Blvd." at their San Francisco audition, the official YouTube video of which has garnered more than 3 million hits. Emblem3, who count Sublime among their favorite artists, breezed through to the live competition where they were mentored by Cowell. They were ultimately eliminated in the semifinals after performing well-received renditions of "Baby I Love Your Way" and "Hey Jude."

"We're happy because we can go make some badass music now and not be under any restrictions," Wesley told reporters following their elimination. Added Drew, "The bottom line is we had the dopest experience. We got everything we really wanted out of this competition, which was a solid international fan base. We expanded our comfort zone by stepping out of it."

Cowell made no secret of his affections for the trio during the competition, telling reporters earlier in the season that he hoped to sign them regardless of the show's final outcome.

"Wesley, Drew and Keaton are complete stars," Cowell says of the signing. "They have a great attitude, are fun and genuinely love music. They deserve this and I'm really pleased we are continuing working together."

Brothers Wesley, 19, Keaton, 16, and lifelong friend Drew, 20, grew up together in Sequim, Wash., where they discovered a love of music at an early age. The three later moved to California to be closer to the industry, as well as indulge their passions for surfing, skating and snowboarding.

As THR previously reported, the Stromberg family boasts impressive Hollywood ties. Their uncle, Robert Stromberg, is currently directing Angelina Jolie in Disney's live-action Maleficent film and their father, William Stromberg, is a Grammy-nominated composer who has worked on A-list television shows such as Lost.

Drew made mention of a Columbia deal earlier this week, explaining that the label had moved all three boys into "a nice apartment in Burbank" while they record, and that a mini-tour in South America and Brazil is already in the works, but has yet to be finalized.

Emblem3 also made headlines this week when the band tweeted: "We just made our first ten grand on iTunes! Thank you so much to everyone who bought our songs when they werr [sic] up! I can't wait to hangout!"

Prior to X Factor, Emblem3 performed at landmark Hollywood venues including the Roxy, Whisky A Go Go, the House of Blues and the Hard Rock Cafe, and took the top prize at Rock N' Road's Orange County battle of the bands in 2011.
    http://www.billboard.com/#/column/re...08076432.story

Last edited by Siemgi; 01-09-2013 at 03:40 PM.

FRSH

Spoiler:  

FLUCTUAT NEC MERGITUR

NO! KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS NO! HELL NO! MOTHER MARY! NO!

Achievements

hard dxck and bubblegum DannyBxtchh's Avatar
    I actually liked them a lot. onder

Flawless? Do u live in america and have ****ty as mainstream taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    I LOVE this song! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jefko View Post
    Is 5H signed?
    YUP!

Achievements

IDOL XIV: Sarina . Clark . Rayvon . Quentin . Adanna . Joey .

I can't see them being successful. The best I can see them doing is kinda like how Chris Rene did, and he only had mediocre success.

RTVG Idol
    Quote Originally Posted by LMS2 View Post

Cause you Aussie's are so edgy, and all the cool indie kids listen to Triple J etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by LMS2 View Post
    France. And I have flawless taste.

FRSH

Spoiler:  

FLUCTUAT NEC MERGITUR

You like Katy so I can't be too angry but UGH at Douche-lem 3
    ANTM: Adrienne, Elyse, Nicole L, Dani, Caridee, Heather, Anya, McKey, Allison, Nicole F, Raina, Ann, Brittani, Leila, Chris H, Jourdan, Lenox, Lacey, Nyle, India, Khrystyana
    AusNTM: Gemma, Alice, Alex, Tahnee, Clare, Kathryn, Amanda, Kelsey, Liz, Melissa, Alex, Brittany, Sabine
    RPDR: Ongina, Raven, Jujubee, Tati, Raja, Shangela, Sharon, Willam, Jinkx, Alaska, Alyssa, Bianca, Adore, Joslyn, Katya, Ginger, Trixie, Violet, Thorgy, Kim, Valentina, Trinity, Shea, Sasha, Aja, Eureka, Miz Cracker

Our youths were analogous, yet our lives are distinct - At Cafe 6
    If you don’t complete certain things now, you may never get the chance again - Island Etude

SURVIVOR WINNER RANKING
      Spoiler:  

Sandra 2 - Tina - Denise - Tom - Chris D - Danni - Rich - Sandra 1 - Todd - JT
    Kim - Natalie W - Earl - Tyson - Brian - Parv - Natalie A - Nick - Tony - Yul
    Aras - V -Jeremy -Adam -Wendell -Sarah -Mike -Sophie
    -Michele -Bob
    Fabio -Ethan -Jenna - Chris U - John -Ben
    -Amber -Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Celebuzz
    Hollywood’s The Roxy is a relatively small venue, considering the caliber of music groups that it has housed in the past. However, the one-room lounge is… deceitfully small. It can hold a generous audience of around 200-300 people. So when a show sells out, it means that whatever act is playing there has a pretty loyal Southern California following.For FOX’s The X Factor alums and SYCO/Columbia Records artists, Emblem3, those 300 potential audience members couldn’t be more important.

If previous X Factor UK alums, One Direction, are any indication, it’s entirely possible to make an outrageously successful career out of a failed stint on the show. Having said that, it was a smart move for Emblem3 to test out the live show waters in a manageable setting like The Roxy.

As someone in attendance who didn’t know too much about the band (having not watched The X Factor), I was ready for these three guys to impress me. I had no negative connotations towards them, but also no reason to think highly of them either. So, this performance would pretty much dictate how I would feel about the band.
    As I walked past the long line of high heel-clad girls with “MARRY ME” signs waiting to get in (and the few that didn’t have tickets, but showed up anyway) the club doors opened with a rush of screams. A good sign for any up and coming band.
    After the opening band finished their set, the curtains closed so that Emblem3could set up. As soon as the sounds of drums clattering and guitars being tuned were heard from behind the curtains, a shrill and quick scream from the hordes of girls immediately followed. The mere anticipation of the concert made the fans exasperated. Finally, the vibrations of the speakers began and the scattered crowd all pushed to the stage in a frenzied excitement.

The curtains rose (to near-deafening screams echoing throughout) showing the silhouettes of three figures in baseball caps. The flourescent lights all went on in a triumphant flash and revealed each of the boys bright, excited faces. The already-loud screams turned into complete pandemonium, much to the boys delight. Along with the initial three members, the boys’ backing band consisted of two guitarists and a drummer of equally fresh-faced and attractive 20-somethings.
    The set consisted of mostly original songs, among a few covers by other male bands like One Republic and Sublime, for the “non-Emblems,” as their fans call themselves, in the crowd, I imagine. The guys clearly prepared for their first post-show performance by packing in the studio time to write the group of bouncy surf pop songs that they performed, seemingly without a hitch. That was impressive.
    The set had all of the sparkling three-part harmonies, pounding bass lines and acoustic guitar ballads that every pop concert can’t be complete without. Another good sign for Emblem3 – they know how to market themselves. Wesley Stromberg, 16, eventually asked the crowd, after returning to the stage for encores, “What street are we on, right now?” before they ended their performance with the song they auditioned for The X Factor with, aptly titled “Sunset Blvd.” And then it was over.

The girls screamed before. The girls screamed during. And the girls screamed after. That’s what was the most memorable. Seeing a group of at least six teenage girls jumping up and down and screaming, “THEY LOOKED AT ME! THEY TOUCHED MY HAND! THEY SAW ME!” — 30 minutes after the concert ended.
    These days, boy bands are a dime a dozen, so it’s important to differentiate yourself from the pack. Emblem3 seemed to have a good grasp at this notion, because they did add elements to their performance and music that feels distinct from their genre-mates. The oldest member, Drew Chadwick, 20, who wore a tank top that perfectly outlined his tanned chest, mostly rapped. This was something I wasn’t expecting, but was pleasantly surprised at.
    The other two members, brothers Wesley and 16-year-old Keaton Stromberg, who had the “boy next door” thing going on, did the majority of the singing. When I think of the term “boy band,” I think of color-coordinated kids singing into mini mics. The guys in Emblem3 (whether it was conscious or not) tried to go against this stereotype. They were candid and casual with the crowd, and looked as relaxed and natural on stage as seasoned veterans. This isn’t a quality you get from practice, but a quality that you’re born with.
    All in all, the concert was a resounding success for the band, as well as the audience. The VIP section was peppered with music industry people including record execs, the guys’ managers, fellow musicians such as Jason Derulo and Benji Madden, along with fellow The X Factor contestants Fifth Harmony and Cece Frey all showing up for support.
    The concert was obviously a bit of an audition for all of the potential backers of Emblem3. A good faith payment of sorts. Judging by the (literally) insane response from the audience, it looks like the boys of Emblem3 are making good on their promises.
    Here’s the set list from the show:
    1. “Reason”
    2. “Curious”
    3. “Chariot”
    4. “Chloe” (New)
    5. “Santeria”
    6. “Secrets”
    7. “Just For One Day” (New)
    8. “XO” (New)
    9. “Riptide”
    10. “Jaiden”
    11. “One Day”
    12. “Sunset”
    13. “Semi Charmed”
    Take a look at some behind-the-scenes photos before the show above. For tour dates and ticket information, visit the Emblem3 website.
    http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-03-01/i...-emblem3-show/

FRSH

Spoiler:  

FLUCTUAT NEC MERGITUR

RTVG Idol
    Flop.

can you say... magnetic? NikkySan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siemgi View Post
    France. And I have flawless taste.
    You literally have the worst taste in everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast