Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meth Gives Former 'America's Next Top Model' Contestant a Bad Makeover

Achievements

Meth Gives Former 'America's Next Top Model' Contestant a Bad Makeover

More proof that meth addiction does nothing for your looks: Jael Strauss. The former "America's Next Top Model" contestant, who appeared on the show in 2007, is the focus of an upcoming episode of "Dr. Phil" in which an intervention is staged to try to save the 28-year-old from her addiction. While on "ANTM," Strauss was shaken when her friend died of an overdose and dedicated her photo taken that week to her lost friend. The once-aspiring model is nearly unrecognizable in previews of the "Dr. Phil" episode and definitely looks older than her 28 years, thanks to the ravages of meth addiction.

Read More/See The Clip:
    http://gawker.com/5942348/americas-n...?post=52582008

Poor Jael :/

.....oh my god. Wow. She's completely damaged.

Everything Fades Away... ANTM4life's Avatar

Achievements

gurl.............................................. .......
    what should i say
    Quote Originally Posted by SaleishaStowers View Post
    Moschino's IG just posting Leila's trash can purse, I hope it's a sign that she will book the campaign!!!

Eek! So sad. However, she's probably been on drugs since way back when C8 was airing. Her friend died of an overdose, IIRC. Such a shame.

i hope she gets the help she needs. i really like Jael, poor girl.

Oh god. I lost a lot of respect for her. The fact that her best friend died from drugs, and she still decided to do them. What an idiot. And she looks terrible. So it's kinda her own fault.

RTVG Idol

I'm out of here

Achievements

Wow just wow

That's terrible, I feel so sorry for her. Hope she gets the help she needs and deserves

Quote Originally Posted by CocoRocha View Post
    Oh god. I lost a lot of respect for her. The fact that her best friend died from drugs, and she still decided to do them. What an idiot. And she looks terrible. So it's kinda her own fault.
    You sound so stupid. Its not like she knew this is how she would turn out. And she probably was going threw a REALLY dark time and this was the only thing at the time that help her. I know its bad but you have no right to judge her.

Achievements

Umm don't act like she didn't know what was gonna happen when she started doing meth. Having problems in your life is no excuse to take hard drugs lol How often in your life are you told the effects and etc of Meth? Like all the damn time, shes not a young kid, shes an adult who knows better but chose drugs cause shes a junkie.

Spoiler:  

Sometimes it's not as simple as that, and to suggest that it is just makes you seem really closed-minded.

Achievements

Of course there are always different situations, but in the end it was her decision to do drugs and she definitely knew the consequences.

Spoiler:  

Vortexy Sexy
    Tacky headline.

awww, I hope she gets the help she needs honestly, I loved her on the show

Poor girl.. I always liked her as a model and she was one of my favs of c8. Wonder why she did the drugs, maybe some personal issues...

Someone should help her...

If this was about a random meth addict from the streets people wouldn't be reacting with this much sympathy. People would be blaming them for doing it, and saying it was a stupid decision, but since this is Jael and she's a celebrity (to us, anyway) people are showing a lot of sympathy.

Don't get me wrong, it's really saddening to see Jael like this, but as Cupid said before, it's really her own fault. It's common knowledge that meth is dangerous, and Jael must have known the consequences before she started her addiction, so she is the one to blame. That being said, I do hope she gets help to try and sort out her addiction, but I'm having a hard time feeling that much sympathy for her. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.

Achievements

Poor girl, she's so strong for having to deal with what she's going through rn. You're in our prayers Jael!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast