Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meth Gives Former 'America's Next Top Model' Contestant a Bad Makeover

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Thomnom View Post
    If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.
    I dont think that makes you a bad person at all

Quote Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
    Umm don't act like she didn't know what was gonna happen when she started doing meth. Having problems in your life is no excuse to take hard drugs lol How often in your life are you told the effects and etc of Meth? Like all the damn time, shes not a young kid, shes an adult who knows better but chose drugs cause shes a junkie.
    See, that's the core problem. People think that sympathizing with the person means condoning the drug abuse. That it's coming up with an excuse. That an addict made a conscious choice based on control. It's so wrong, and so misunderstanding that it's kind of cruel. Of course there are no excuses. Their lives were in shambles before, what more could they possibly lose? They don't care about their physical health because mentally they are not in a place where it matters. Once they realize the toll the drugs have taken on their bodies, it's often too late. It's an out of control downwards spiral that's often deeply rooted in depression and shame. A last resort to get you through the day.

Someone doesn't take meth just for fun. It's to get away from reality. It's a cry for help that gets worse the longer it's unanswered. I really wish people would get that through their heads. Technically, she knew what she was doing. And that's why she didn't know what she was doing. She made some bad decisions because she was in a very bad place. Put yourself in her shoes. You were abused sexually at the age of 10 and nobody even believed you when you tried getting help, both of your parents are on drugs and your mother even thinks that snorting coke together is the same as mother-daughter bonding. Did Jael know better? Probably. But that's not the question. The question is, did she even care what happened to her at that point?
    Last edited by SpadeX; 09-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Her mom and dad should have been put in their place LONG ago. I have no respect for a mother who does drugs with her child, and her father was only trying to justify his drug habit. I felt so bad for her when she was talking about being molested at age ten, and no one believing her. When you grow up around drug users, you often follow in their footsteps, especially if your parents allow you to do it. Poor Jael's appearance and mental health are severely damaged, but I hope that she can get clean.

I know Jael is an adult and has control over her own decisions, but I place a lot of the blame on her mother, for snorting cocaine with Jael when she was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by RnRModel1 View Post
    Her mom and dad should have been put in their place LONG ago. I have no respect for a mother who does drugs with her child, and her father was only trying to justify his drug habit. I felt so bad for her when she was talking about being molested at age ten, and no one believing her. When you grow up around drug users, you often follow in their footsteps, especially if your parents allow you to do it. Poor Jael's appearance and mental health are severely damaged, but I hope that she can get clean.

I know Jael is an adult and has control over her own decisions, but I place a lot of the blame on her mother, for snorting cocaine with Jael when she was younger.
    And I think that's a very important point. Ultimately, Jael is the only one to blame for the act of taking the drugs. However, there are several factors that influenced the reason(s) why she did it. As important as it is for her recovery that she takes the blame, it's also very important that people around her also acknowledge their roles in the situation.

Sorry for the double post, it's just too late to edit. Earlier I wrote she was sexually abused at 10, and that's actually only an assumption. While something did happen to her and she didn't receive any help when she reached out, it was never specified what happened to her. It was wrong to automatically associate it with molestation, I wanted to correct that detail.

'Being young is being fun' - Tyra Sanchez

BonBon. Crystal Mess. Jpeg Papi. Kim Chi. Linux. Merrie Cherry.

How sad. I really hope she gets the help she needs.

Hoping for a complete recovery ~

Time goes by fast​.
    Look at the flowers​ go.

Achievements

The show was great to watch! I hope she sticks to the program!

IDOL XIV: Sarina . Clark . Rayvon . Quentin . Adanna . Joey .

RTVG Idol
    She's hopeless.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by SpadeX View Post
    See, that's the core problem. People think that sympathizing with the person means condoning the drug abuse. That it's coming up with an excuse. That an addict made a conscious choice based on control. It's so wrong, and so misunderstanding that it's kind of cruel. Of course there are no excuses. Their lives were in shambles before, what more could they possibly lose? They don't care about their physical health because mentally they are not in a place where it matters. Once they realize the toll the drugs have taken on their bodies, it's often too late. It's an out of control downwards spiral that's often deeply rooted in depression and shame. A last resort to get you through the day.

Someone doesn't take meth just for fun. It's to get away from reality. It's a cry for help that gets worse the longer it's unanswered. I really wish people would get that through their heads. Technically, she knew what she was doing. And that's why she didn't know what she was doing. She made some bad decisions because she was in a very bad place. Put yourself in her shoes. You were abused sexually at the age of 10 and nobody even believed you when you tried getting help, both of your parents are on drugs and your mother even thinks that snorting coke together is the same as mother-daughter bonding. Did Jael know better? Probably. But that's not the question. The question is, did she even care what happened to her at that point?

IA. Jael.

Anna Wintour writes my eulogy..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12