Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SYTYCD Season 9

I don't even care anymore.

Questionable final 2 boys, amazing final 2 girls. Rooting more for Tiffany but I'd be happy if either of them win for the girls. For the boys, I like Chehon more than Cyrus, but I never really enjoy watching him. Technique is brilliant, but I usually don't feel anything watching him move. He did really good with the bench routine and that new suitcase piece, but I love Witney and Lathryn, so I may have just enjoyed the routines more simply because of them. Cyrus seems nice and all, but I have seen street dancers do much better than him on the show.

Day 2 in progress. Check out The Hunger Games: RTVG thread in the Non-Reality Based Games to see what's happening in the arena!

I think this may the most boring finale ever. 2 boring girls and 2 guys who havent even done that great throughtout the season. Cyrus has barely danced all season, literally. I'm tired of the judges endlessly praising everything he's done. There have hip hop dancers with little to no training who've done way better. It degrades them that he's gotten no criticism all summer yet they did.
    Never was and never will be

I also wanted to say that as person who's taken 3 1/2 years of latin and ballroom that the jive wasn't much jive and what was Jive was 101. Too much west coast swing which is Benjis thing but it wasn't supposed to be.

This show rarely showcases actual dancing other than contemporary. They may call it salsa, jive or cha cha but it's just a washed away routine created to wow some people with fast moves.
    This finale will be so boring, seeing Cyrus and Tiffany win will be just painful

Everything Fades Away... ANTM4life's Avatar

Achievements

LMFAO AT NIGLE throwing shades at Cyrus at the end. LMAO LMAO OMG SHOULD HAVE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO!

orrrrrrrrr

is he playing a trick so people would feel bad for him and start voting????????? he closed the show. he's nigel's favorite.
    WHATEVER
    Quote Originally Posted by SaleishaStowers View Post
    Moschino's IG just posting Leila's trash can purse, I hope it's a sign that she will book the campaign!!!

I thought a lot of the routines were actually quite good, but I honestly felt like all the routines were set up to make everyone look absolutely amazing except Tiffany. I think she's the most fun one to watch left, but it is what it is.

I was impressed by the dancing in the pas de deux with Chehon and Eliana, but the choreography was a bit lackluster. He definitely played to both of their strengths, though, so I still give him kudos. Travis' piece tonight was nice but definitely could've showcased both Eliana and Alex better. The stripper pole routine omg it was way too fun to watch. The animation routine was hard for me to pay attention to because of all the broken glass. I was so worried one of them would start bleeding. Tyce's group routine was probably the worst thing to have been on the show this year. It felt so all over the place and uninspired. I feel like he just threw it together last minute and let them improv when he couldn't think of anything. Cyrus/Tiff's lyrical hip hop was actually pretty good! Tiffany was outstanding and Cyrus seemed to understand Tessandra's style somewhat.

Those were the only routines that I could think of off the top of my head. It looks like it was a good bit, so I'm proud of myself right ow, not even gonna lie.

Day 2 in progress. Check out The Hunger Games: RTVG thread in the Non-Reality Based Games to see what's happening in the arena!

This is the second week in a role of mediocre routines IMO. This is the finale yet the routines were beyond bland. I nearly died when they reversed in the roles in the Paso. All of the Latin dances are to showcase the girls (in real latin) except for the Paso where the man is supposed to stand out. Yet they gave Eliana the mans role because Cyrus is so weak ,choreographing around him again. At this point I dont care who wins. This season had so much potential.

The choreographies were, for the most part, bland. The only good ones were the pole one and the one with Alex (partially because I love Alex and Travis).
    But just to think at how amazing this would've been with other dancers kills me.

The whole night was made to make both Eliana and Cyrus stand out, specially when Nigel started killing Cyrus after giving him a standing O. He clearly knows the power of an underdog

preach it brother!

BINTM Cycle 8 Favs

Letitia, Lisa, Kelly, Rissikat

Everything Fades Away... ANTM4life's Avatar

Achievements

awwwww my boy won!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaleishaStowers View Post
    Moschino's IG just posting Leila's trash can purse, I hope it's a sign that she will book the campaign!!!

Best possible outcome IMO. Tiffany was too bland and Cyrus barely danced. I'd take a so-so dancer over a non-dancer anyday.

I'm hearing this may have been the last season, low ratings. Don't blame them this show hasn't been good since season 5. Get rid of the judges including executive producer Nigel (they sway the votes too much) and no more "celebrity" guest judges who know very little about dance. Try to promote diversity among different styles with people who can dance. Also get rid of those generic comtemporary story based routines with "sad songs", it gets old season after season especially when there's 3 a week. Cat can stay though shes the best part IMO.

I want another season but with Nigel out.
    TBH the choreography is sometimes amazing though they usually end up being gimmicky and the same thing over and over.

Cat is the best, I love her with passion

anyone watching the new season? so for in the auditions I've seen couple of awesome girls, some contemporary and one ballroom but i'm not getting into any of the guys? just wondered if anyone is into this show anymore

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234