Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Masterchef US General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ohohlala View Post
    Since all the stronger ones were all eliminated, this season officially has the weakest top 6 ever!
    The 8th place contestant shouldn't have gone home that episode. She was the best at the team challenge, and I thought the judges would've saved her.

weak ass top 6.
    I'm kinda hoping that winner is bad bitch from team Gordon. he has the most interesting stories, hope he can pull through.

Well that was a terrible two boots.

Rooting for Farhan only.

Quote Originally Posted by JonToxic View Post
    Rooting for Farhan only.
    Who's there left to root for now?

I'm rooting for Bowen, but he's so obviously going to be eliminated at any point now.
    Ashley/Cesar would probably win.

Unfortunately, Cesar has a high chance of winning, except he pulls another Cate like last season.

so happy Cesar didn't win.
    so arrogant to talk to the judges that his sauce is a true star and let them have overcooked duck breasts. yikes!

Geron win makes me wanna cry. I really appreciate him and Joe moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa6745 View Post
    so happy Cesar didn't win.
    so arrogant to talk to the judges that his sauce is a true star and let them have overcooked duck breasts. yikes!

Geron win makes me wanna cry. I really appreciate him and Joe moment.
    Gerron = the only one I like in the final 3, so I'm glad he won!

The rightful one won, I screamed in joy when his name was declared.

Werkkk me GODDAMIT!! Ghetto Diva (Nabil)'s Avatar
    ^ And I said "what the fuc*?!' out loud. He was the weakest of the bunch. Ceasar was the one with most potential.

Meh, this show is a joke anyways for a number of reasons.

1. It's so wrapped up in "drama" that you basically don't get to see/know or learn any cooking skills and techniques, even while the contestants are cooking. None of them ever are shown to elaborately explain what they are doing.
    2. The ideas are very juvenile and repeated to the point of exhaustion. An example of this is the number of times cauliflower purée was attempted/cooked by the contestants this season.
    3. All those powerpoint dramatic effects and camera angels are also hard to watch. There is a blatant attempt to make everything as dramatic as possible, like pitting the contstants against each other over silly decisions, over the top and rude comments and also plate smashing, food discrading.
    4. On top of it we have the worst over-actor in the world - Joe Bastianich; making you cringe every time he speaks.
    5. Contestants aren't given any real chances to learn from the judges.

MasterChef Australia is way better and has none of that! Contestants and judges are polite and there is a true competitive spirit which isn't taken over-board. They are also very innovative and wouldn't just copy each other's ideas. Plus, the challenges are way more fun, and lots f them find success after. Anyone watching and wasting time here, please, I highly recommend you give MasterChef Australia a try. Here are some of the best/highly-praised dishes from their season 10.

Spoiler:  

They also have 'Pressure Tests' where the bottom contestants have to recreate a professional chef's recipe, and they can be quite dreadful!
      Spoiler:  

Slay Kween Duckie!

AsNTM 6: Adela, Mia, Beauty, Pim, Rubini

HTNM 11: Cecilia, Daan, Tim

Achievements

The last two winners have been so underwhelming.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto Diva (Nabil) View Post
    ^ And I said "what the fuc*?!' out loud. He was the weakest of the bunch. Ceasar was the one with most potential.

Meh, this show is a joke anyways for a number of reasons.

1. It's so wrapped up in "drama" that you basically don't get to see/know or learn any cooking skills and techniques, even while the contestants are cooking. None of them ever are shown to elaborately explain what they are doing.
    2. The ideas are very juvenile and repeated to the point of exhaustion. An example of this is the number of times cauliflower purée was attempted/cooked by the contestants this season.
    3. All those powerpoint dramatic effects and camera angels are also hard to watch. There is a blatant attempt to make everything as dramatic as possible, like pitting the contstants against each other over silly decisions, over the top and rude comments and also plate smashing, food discrading.
    4. On top of it we have the worst over-actor in the world - Joe Bastianich; making you cringe every time he speaks.
    5. Contestants aren't given any real chances to learn from the judges.

MasterChef Australia is way better and has none of that! Contestants and judges are polite and there is a true competitive spirit which isn't taken over-board. They are also very innovative and wouldn't just copy each other's ideas. Plus, the challenges are way more fun, and lots f them find success after. Anyone watching and wasting time here, please, I highly recommend you give MasterChef Australia a try. Here are some of the best/highly-praised dishes from their season 10.

Spoiler:  

They also have 'Pressure Tests' where the bottom contestants have to recreate a professional chef's recipe, and they can be quite dreadful!
      Spoiler:  

You forgot to pinpoint the fact that the judges must feel the need to remind the contestants every damn episode that they are wearing their aprons; like shut the **** up Aaron, we get it, Samantha is on your team. Not to mention the dreadful reductive confessionals of the contestant informing us that they don't want to let their mentors down. I am also not exactly sure what special mentoring they are receiving because we don't see jack **** if how the judges are helping them besides giving them basic words of encouragement? This season felt less about the contestants and more about the judges striking each other's egos about how they have the best team.

Werkkk me GODDAMIT!! Ghetto Diva (Nabil)'s Avatar
    You are right. Not once in the season did I see the judges / "mentors" give proper suggestion or useful insight to the contestants on their dishes and cooking techniques. All I saw was shouting, insulting and treating fellow human beings like scum at times. Apart from slashing up a halibut, cooking a crab by Gordon and a pasta demonstration by Joe, there wasn't anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icing View Post
    This season felt less about the contestants and more about the judges striking each other's egos about how they have the best team.
    And forcefully at that too. Everything is so bloody rehearsed and force-fed down viewers for this show. Watching the judges saying out lines like a bunch of untrained actors is quite uncomfortable. I wonder what they think of themselves after watching, specially that bald hoe Joe.
    The production team must think they have a winning formula after 9 seasons, but I don't think anyone really enjoys this show anymore. Only 3.5 million viewers tuned it for this season with a rating of only 1.0 compared to 5.2 for the first, it's a steady decline. I watched season 4 years ago and the style of the show has become way more annoying and disappointing, which I did't think was possible.
    Last edited by Ghetto Diva (Nabil); 10-15-2018 at 04:26 AM.

Slay Kween Duckie!

AsNTM 6: Adela, Mia, Beauty, Pim, Rubini

HTNM 11: Cecilia, Daan, Tim

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526