Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Masterchef US General Discussion

I don't know how i feel about the 2 hour finale. no one nailed all 3 course.

The winner picked because the judges saw something they can work with in the future.

blah ending for me.

This season is entertaining so far!!!! Shanika = Ebony, almost exactly the same kind of sass and expressions. Not sure if she's as good as Ebony yet.
    Bowen surprises me. He's such a diva! Love him. Some of them are likable as well like Samantha, Ashley, Matt, SJ. I like Mark, but I don't think everyone will like him.
    Hate Alecia and Chelsea. They are so annoying.

Joe is so much more fun to watch than Christina Tosi.
    Last edited by MissFashion; 07-06-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Achievements

Bowen ftw

stan yena

Quote Originally Posted by chazevanson View Post
    Bowen ftw
    Starting to lose my love for Shanika. She’s not half as good as Eboni. I like it when sass queens have the skills to back it up like Natasha and Eboni, but shanika seems to have been talking too much.

Bad Habits
    This show is such a joke the cooking is so basic/homestyle. Gordon went on the Australian show and praised it, saying globally its the best of the franchise. Our masterchef here is more food culinery than home cooking

Quote Originally Posted by LMS2 View Post
    This show is such a joke the cooking is so basic/homestyle. Gordon went on the Australian show and praised it, saying globally its the best of the franchise. Our masterchef here is more food culinery than home cooking

omg wow this is unbelievable! This looks even better than what I had at Gordon's restaurants!
    is this the Australian edition?

Bad Habits
    YES! You need to watch the Aussie version. The australian version put this show on the map and other countries followed. Our version is the best in the franchise and the cooks are the most talented in the world, the food they cook is culinery art whilst masterchef US is more homestyle cooking. Theres a difference as masterchef Australia focuses more on high quality food

Achievements

I still cannot figured out who is going to win ..

Im kind of rooting for Shanika but I dont think she is going to win. Maybe SJ or Julia.

Spoiler:  

Quote Originally Posted by 1331nj View Post
    I still cannot figured out who is going to win ..

Im kind of rooting for Shanika but I dont think she is going to win. Maybe SJ or Julia.
    i like SJ a lot. It definitely won't be Julia. She was invisible in the 1st few episodes. She's gonna get cut soon.
    Honestly Shanika is not giving what the show wants from her. Her skills are not on par with Eboni from last season.
    The winner will probably be someone like Taylor or Emily.

So since starting this thread for S3, I haven't watched MC US, but I got into S9 on a whim and flew through the episodes.

My main gripe with this Voice coach system is that it takes away from the fair judging in my opinion. It becomes an incentive to keep it relatively equal in terms of how many contestants remain per chef...i.e. I don't think Taylor should have gone home this past episode but having 4 Gordon 3 Aaron and 2 Joe, obviously the were going to trim Gordon's team. As a direct result of the mentor system, I look at the final 8 and it does not feel like it's actually the strongest 8 competitors of the season (also lol at Joe's last 2 being Shanika and Gerron...tells you everything you need to know about his ****ty taste in general + how he tried to save Emily, his only legit shot at winning, by saying Shanika's blackforest cake was not as good as Emily's trainwreck only to then get outvoted by Gordon and Aaron <3). Some decisions have been baffling and I'm still scratching my head at how Cesar escaped a really terrible performance in the souffle pressure test, Gerron has had so many close calls, Sam and Ashley had one or two really bad weeks each, and basically no one is a front runner. That's wack to me.

Some cuts really annoyed me, mostly SJ because I found him adorable and it felt like he had so much talent. I was also shocked Emily was sent home before Sam (bless her heart), Gerron, and even Shanika. Some of the "twists" are plain stupid...IDK what the format of the show has become since S3 to now but all the gimmicks of this tag team crap, switching teams, etc. just overall not my cup of tea and it takes away from the cooking which is what I like.

+ it's really hard to root for anyone...the better cooks (Cesar and Emily) are extremely dislikable, the other strong cooks are totally MIA (Julia completely lacks an edit and Farhan/Bowen interchange periods of inexistence), and the really rootable people like Sam, Gerron, Shanika, and Taylor are just not up to par in terms of their skills. AKA this season is ducked lol.

At this point, Ashley and Farhan seem to be the most rational F2 with Cesar rounding out the top 3. Ashley seems to have the most rounded edit, but it's kind of bogus to me anyways since her forte is clearly desserts and they have had a surprisingly high amount of them in challenges + until now I've noticed she cracks really easily under pressure and loses all confidence which is a no-no for a winner.
    Last edited by jorge; 08-24-2018 at 05:59 AM.

I've never wanted Cesar to be eliminated asap like this.
    Praying for Julia and Bowen be in the finale, but due to their lack of editing, they may be kicked off sooner or later. It will definitely go with the finale in which each team only has 1 cook left. So Shanika (Joe), Ashley (Gordon) and Farhan or Cesar (Aaron) will have a high chance to be in the top 3 'cause Sam is weak, Gerron is inconsistent and Bowen with Julia both have invisible edits. And that is a weak top 3.

So shanika all the way. That b!tch is SAVAGE!!!

I'm assuming the final 3 is gonna be made up of 1 contestant per judge. Which kinda sucks, because neither Gerron nor Shanika seem good enough for a final 3 spot right now. I had Emily pegged for Joe's final spot. I don't really get the love for Shanika. They're trying too hard to give her Ebony vibes, but it doesn't really work out because she doesn't seem nearly as skilled as Ebony was.

Currently I'm thinking it'll be Ashley, Fahran/Caesar (hoping for Fahran), and Gerron in the final 3. Rooting for Ashley and Fahran.

Quote Originally Posted by arizona View Post
    I'm assuming the final 3 is gonna be made up of 1 contestant per judge. Which kinda sucks, because neither Gerron nor Shanika seem good enough for a final 3 spot right now. I had Emily pegged for Joe's final spot. I don't really get the love for Shanika. They're trying too hard to give her Ebony vibes, but it doesn't really work out because she doesn't seem nearly as skilled as Ebony was.

Currently I'm thinking it'll be Ashley, Fahran/Caesar (hoping for Fahran), and Gerron in the final 3. Rooting for Ashley and Fahran.
    I agree that Shanika does not seem as a well-rounded cook but I do think that she's been 1.kind of lucky in certain occasions to be safe, I think she's been more safe than she's actually had to do elimination tests, but overall she had a chance to screw up the baking chocolate but she pulled through...I think she knows how to get it done

Quote Originally Posted by jorge View Post
    I agree that Shanika does not seem as a well-rounded cook but I do think that she's been 1.kind of lucky in certain occasions to be safe, I think she's been more safe than she's actually had to do elimination tests, but overall she had a chance to screw up the baking chocolate but she pulled through...I think she knows how to get it done
    I think she has been on the rise in recent episodes. But still, Ebony and Natasha were way stronger than her. I'm not sure how Shanika could go that far.

I think Cesar/Ashley/Farhan are the only contestants possible to win. But, I really dislike Cesar. I am not sure why. I just find him super annoying. Fillers like Gerron and Samantha are staying too long. Bowen is getting invisible edit, but when he gets screen time, it's mostly negative.

Achievements

Cesar sounds like he hasn't developed correctly his vocals when hitting puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by MissFashion View Post
    I think she has been on the rise in recent episodes. But still, Ebony and Natasha were way stronger than her. I'm not sure how Shanika could go that far.

I think Cesar/Ashley/Farhan are the only contestants possible to win. But, I really dislike Cesar. I am not sure why. I just find him super annoying. Fillers like Gerron and Samantha are staying too long. Bowen is getting invisible edit, but when he gets screen time, it's mostly negative.
    Like I mentioned in my post, due to mentor parity, one of Shanika/Gerron will make it to the top 3. If not, the top 4... I could see a situation where Gordon has Ashley or Bowen in the finale and Aaron has Cesar and Farhan, so Joe would round out the top 4 with one of his contestants. However, I think they have a penchant for Gerron since he has a specific type of cooking (Southern), so it's more likely it's him in the top 3/4 and not Shanika.

Since all the stronger ones were all eliminated, this season officially has the weakest top 6 ever!

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast