Thread: Season As A Whole

Season As A Whole

Does anyone have any thoughts on this season as a whole?

I loved it personally - found the cast really likeable and the story very poignant...

Sap I guess

I didn't care for the BOTTLE thing - but it worked out for my favorites

I hate the 3 person Finale and hate the expanded jury (unless the merge at a higher number) as well....
    I think Brad, Rebecca and Jenny were all great people, but

Brad, Jenny never even got to know Ozzy and Rebecca didn't know any of them!

Thoughts?

I loved this season.. favorite of what I've seen (Paleu on).. I love that they set the lure with the whole racial divsion, then made something far more out of it... They had the best cast ever I think.. Just like the final four was the only final four ever, I think that holds true for a lot of the players, particularly from Candice's elimination on... those people couldn't have been someone else and had the same result and same personal impact on the season. Some say it was boring, at times, but I think it was amazing.. Even when Parvati and Adam knew their time was up, they still managed to spice it up and keep it interesting when many would have just thrown their hands up, and dropped their torch, etc.

Also, the Top 3, I think I read it some place on here, but it brings up a good point.. you typically have a final two with a top player and some random person to act as a waste of space.. thus making the final vote much more difficult for people to actually do.. Would Yul ever have kept Ozzy if it was final 2? or even visa versa? NO!

The idols, I'd like to see new rule sets for these things, but oh well...

Amazing season over all.. and I have to say the culture aspect of a lot of the rewards were amazing.. and the islands themselves looked beautiful !

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

Overall great season. I loved the drama rama and everything, even though it didn't work out for my favorites. This season is what survivor needed, as it was starting to decline. I didn't like the expanded jury, especially since some of those people didn't know either. I think the jury should start at the merge because then everyone has a sense of one another. I hated the expanded jury, possibility of a 2 way and 3 way tie, and deciding a winner out of a tie would cause contervisy.

Had the jury and final 2 been normal, this season would have been gold. Everything else I loved though.

I loved this season. Everything about it.

I loved the new final 3 thing, but I hope they don't do it again.

All the Drama with everyone and how they split it up race wise was good.

I loved this season. I think one of the best!

**GRABS POPCORN AND GETS READY TO SCREAM**

I threw up in my mouth twice!

LOVED the season. It was a more intelligent season, in terms of players and strategies. Even Parvati 'the flirt', Adam 'the dumb jock' and Becky 'the coattail rider' went beyond their stereotypes. I credit the whole merge cast (especially Jonathan and excluding Nate ) for making this season so good.

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

I hate the final 3 thing I was sort of made because Becky was the "Ralph Nader" in the top 3. She was there to steal votes from Ozzy so Yul would win, of course she never got anything and Yul still won.

I hate the final 3 thing I was sort of made because Becky was the "Ralph Nader" in the top 3. She was there to steal votes from Ozzy so Yul would win, of course she never got anything and Yul still won.
    Total opposite of how i see it, if Becky got any votes, it would be from one of those who voted for Yul, like Brad, Jonathan, Sundra or maybe even Candice. Yul and Becky played a more similar game than Ozzy. I don't think Parvati, Nate, Rebecca or Jenny would have voted for Becky in any circumstance.

I liked the season a lot. I think I was halfway throught the season before I started to dislike some people, the cast was generally very likeable to me. The stories of the Aitu four going to the end together and staying loyal, and the top two playing very different but complimentary styles and working together to move the four along were compelling to me. Two big moves that stand out were the mutiny which created the super tight Aitu four and caused Ozzy's stock to sky rocket, And the flipping of Jonathan by Yul. Big events that made the season for me.
    Trying is the first step towards failure...

I also thought the season was a very enjoyable one. Great challenges, lots of interesting twists, and a very likeable cast. I didn't even mind the final 3 concept.

If I have any complaint, it's this:
    Judging by all the drama that occured on the island, I expected a volatile and crazy final tribal council. However, most people congratulated the top three and showed very little vindictiveness. I felt that perhaps some of the drama sitting there and even on the island was put on. Those pointed shots of Candace, Jonathan and others looking bitchy and rolling their eyes...
    And especially with Adam, who tried to stir things up even when it wasn't going to affect his getting booted. And then complaining to the final three that they were "boring." This was a group that was mostly casted, from what I've heard, and I wonder if they were looking for people who would put on a good show.
    I'm not saying that all of the excitement and fighting was put on, but some of it felt a bit contrived, over-acted to some extent.

I did not like the final 3 concept. Also, I didn't like the bottle and that aside from Jonathan and Candice, no one really took any risk. They all played safe.

Banned
    My ranking

1 Yul
    2 Ozzy
    3 Parvati
    4 Jonathan
    5 Adam
    6 Sundra
    7 Nate
    8 Jenny
    9 Billy
    10 Rebecca