Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 18 of 1037

Thread: The Face

  1. #1
    Dance Bear jayna2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,014

    The Face

    Naomi Campbell Set To Star In Oxygen's New Modeling Competition Series 'The Face' (PHOTOS)


    Move over, Tyra...there's a new model-searching star in town!

    Oxygen has just announced that it will be launching a new reality competition series for aspiring models called "The Face' starring fashion icon Naomi Campbell.

    Wowza! This sets up a serious clash of the supermodels--Tyra versus Naomi in the battle of the broadcast beauties.

    With the firing of "America's New Top Model's" top three judges--Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander--who knows if the series will survive.

    And while Tyra's thinks ANTM "needs a new boost," recasting the show might be just the opportunity Oxygen needs to slide in and turn her boost into the boot.

    ’The Face’ is a fresh new series that delivers all the elements our audience craves: fashion, beauty and drama,” said Rod Aissa, Senior Vice President, Original Programming and Development, Oxygen Media.

    According to the show's press release, Naomi will be joined by two other yet-to-be-named supermodels to mentor three teams of models who will be guided through weekly challenges until one winner is chosen to become ‘The Face’ of a major national brand. Sounds familiar.

    Fingers crossed the two mystery supermodel mentors are Christy Turlington and Linda Evangelista. Naomi teaming back up with her old crew "The Trinity" would be a huge fashion history-making move.

    “I am looking forward to working in partnership with Oxygen and Shine America to discover the next beautiful face of the modeling world. With ‘The Face’ the audience will get a real insider’s look at this exciting industry that has been so good to me," Naomi said in the press release.
    Yes it has. Although her very public temper tantrums have kept the 41-years-old in the headlines (let's just hope these aspiring models don't have to dodge any flying cellphones), it's her age-defying beauty that has kept her on the runway and in major campaigns for the world's top designers.

    The show is scheduled to hit the small screen in 2013. We can't wait!

    In the meantime, check out the slideshow below for some of our favorite style moments from the British beauty.

    Also with AUSNTM coming back later this year with rumoured international agency IMG models and Vogue editorial and cover with the producers pushing for Miranda Kerr to be the host, what do you all think, is Tyra and Ken Mok over? Werk it naomi

  2. #2
    noemie.abigail cutepongki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    land of smile
    Posts
    32,216

    Achievements

    OMG the trinity!!
    If it's true this will be crazy amazing. I'll cry so hard.

    I can't be patient for this show since now.


    .


    Goddess & King & Queen


    .

  3. #3
    RTVG Idol
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,039
    It's based on the Dutch RTL5 show The Face.

    These were some Dutch promos, the American version will work the same way:

    [youtube]LJaazCxnpsA[/youtube]
    [youtube]fec2uciO2Qc[/youtube]

  4. #4
    Oh so there will be men involved now in this one? Hope this turns out to be better than Make Me A Supermodel.

    Naomi, though, will be very exciting to watch.




    A N E W S E A S O N

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    taipei ,taiwan
    Posts
    2,038
    we have too many modeling shows already

    i am bored with modeling shows , whoever the host is

    And i watch ANTM only for entertainment , not for knowledge of fashion industry

  6. #6
    Dance Bear jayna2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,014
    I feel bad for Tyra, IMG dropping her show for another international version and now this Get it Naomi

  7. #7
    RTVG Idol SD1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by valentino View Post
    Oh so there will be men involved now in this one? Hope this turns out to be better than Make Me A Supermodel.

    Naomi, though, will be very exciting to watch.
    Season 1 of Make Me a Supermodel was great besides the voting (stupid public kept voting for the dumb Ronnie/Ben "love story" instead of the great models - Casey shoulda been final two damnit <3 him). Pity season 2 messed it up so badly by casting the least modelesque contestants ever in a modelling show.

    Excited for this show however and Miranda Kerr potentially joining AUSNTM? Wow, hopefully next cycle is much better than last cycle's abomination.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    taipei ,taiwan
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by jayna2 View Post
    Naomi Campbell Set To Star In Oxygen's New Modeling Competition Series 'The Face' (PHOTOS)


    Move over, Tyra...there's a new model-searching star in town!

    Oxygen has just announced that it will be launching a new reality competition series for aspiring models called "The Face' starring fashion icon Naomi Campbell.

    Wowza! This sets up a serious clash of the supermodels--Tyra versus Naomi in the battle of the broadcast beauties.

    With the firing of "America's New Top Model's" top three judges--Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander--who knows if the series will survive.

    And while Tyra's thinks ANTM "needs a new boost," recasting the show might be just the opportunity Oxygen needs to slide in and turn her boost into the boot.

    ’The Face’ is a fresh new series that delivers all the elements our audience craves: fashion, beauty and drama,” said Rod Aissa, Senior Vice President, Original Programming and Development, Oxygen Media.

    According to the show's press release, Naomi will be joined by two other yet-to-be-named supermodels to mentor three teams of models who will be guided through weekly challenges until one winner is chosen to become ‘The Face’ of a major national brand. Sounds familiar.

    Fingers crossed the two mystery supermodel mentors are Christy Turlington and Linda Evangelista. Naomi teaming back up with her old crew "The Trinity" would be a huge fashion history-making move.

    “I am looking forward to working in partnership with Oxygen and Shine America to discover the next beautiful face of the modeling world. With ‘The Face’ the audience will get a real insider’s look at this exciting industry that has been so good to me," Naomi said in the press release.
    Yes it has. Although her very public temper tantrums have kept the 41-years-old in the headlines (let's just hope these aspiring models don't have to dodge any flying cellphones), it's her age-defying beauty that has kept her on the runway and in major campaigns for the world's top designers.

    The show is scheduled to hit the small screen in 2013. We can't wait!

    In the meantime, check out the slideshow below for some of our favorite style moments from the British beauty.

    Also with AUSNTM coming back later this year with rumoured international agency IMG models and Vogue editorial and cover with the producers pushing for Miranda Kerr to be the host, what do you all think, is Tyra and Ken Mok over? Werk it naomi
    i believe you have been told by several users here not do spam this section with your Ausntm .

  9. #9
    RTVG Idol
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,112
    The public don't give two shits about modelling shows anymore. This is going to flop hard....

  10. #10
    RTVG Idol
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by valentino View Post
    Oh so there will be men involved now in this one? Hope this turns out to be better than Make Me A Supermodel.
    It's not like MMAS, because they're actual jobs. There will be a booker sending the models to actual jobs and go-sees, if you book the least jobs or if you do the worst you'll be ''fired'' from ''The Face Agency''.

    Some of the photos from the Dutch version
      Spoiler:  






  11. #11
    Rus-Pat Ruspat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    16,262

    Achievements

    OMG The Face is amazing


  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    taipei ,taiwan
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by themilkshakeman View Post
    The public don't give two shits about modelling shows anymore. This is going to flop hard....
    i agree...antm has tried so many photo shoots ..and so many crazy runway shows ..the drama are more and more shocking

    i doubt this new show will give us any new surprises.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by valentino View Post
    Oh so there will be men involved now in this one? Hope this turns out to be better than Make Me A Supermodel.

    Naomi, though, will be very exciting to watch.
    I liked Make Me A Supermodel.

  14. #14
    Oh no worries, I've seen The Face from Holland and I loved it. I'm just comparing it to American shows and the only one that has included men and women is MMAS.




    A N E W S E A S O N

  15. #15
    RTVG Idol
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmickantm View Post
    i agree...antm has tried so many photo shoots ..and so many crazy runway shows ..the drama are more and more shocking

    i doubt this new show will give us any new surprises.
    Again, the difference is that they're actual photoshoots. The producers don't come up with the photoshoot ideas, the real fashion industry/clients do.

    To be honest, I didn't really like the show as much as HNTM, because it lacked that real reality tv feel that I like. And I prefer all women competitions when it comes to modeling.

    Oh yeah and it's a total surprise to me that Oxygen even bought this show because the ratings on RTL5 sucked, way lower than HNTM's.

  16. #16
    RTVG Idol
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    12,367
    LOL. Dutch reality shows are taking over the world... First The Voice and now The Face.

  17. #17
    RTVG Idol gleek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,051
    I hope Tyra will be a guest judge. Lol
    ​​
    Janine and Kelsey

  18. #18
    RTVG Idol
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1990 View Post
    LOL. Dutch reality shows are taking over the world... First The Voice and now The Face.
    Big Brother is also a Dutch reality show originally

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •