Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode Nine: Frock the Vote!

Episode Nine: Frock the Vote!

Sharon Needles: I'd vote for her! She was funny yet firm during the debate. I preferred Chad's look during runway though. Loved when she used Phi Phi's sticker as tissue to blow her snot.

Chad Michaels: I liker her character during the debate. Both she and Phi Phi had the same approach but Chad did it well and Phi Phi failed. Loved her costume during runway and was surprised she didn't win. I guess because Michelle still doesn't know who she is? That's a valid critique, I guess. I'm looking foward to her bottom 2 next week, haha.

Latrice Royale: She bored me this episode and took it too seriously. Her runway was mediocre. However, she turned it during the lip synch and sent the best lip-syncher home. I also liked how Latrice "cleared" the tension with Santino.

Phi Phi: FAIL. That's it. However...

Dida: Was she even trying?

I hope that what happens is...

Willam returns. Lands in the bottom 2 with Phi Phi and sends her home! Willam is then eliminated the following week allowing Chad, Latrice, and Sharon to go to finals, with Sharon winning.

I agree with Dida's elimination but I thought her hair style (not color) fit the dress. She has broad shoulders and long hair does cover it well so if she put it in a bun she will look like a man in a dress.

ONZE
    NINA WEST | PLASTIQUE TIARA | SCARLET ENVY | VANESSA VANJIE MATEO | YVIE ODDLY

Achievements

Im happy Dida Ritz left.

Although her lip Sync skills are awesome, she's never won a challenge.

I want PhiPhi to leave..... so ... badly.

I am *THE* original babygurl!!!

Gettin up in this gig i love kahlen's Avatar
    Sharon: Kept it professional yet funny during the debate and looked great. She had a good runway look also.

Phi Phi: As much as I hate her and know it wasn't necessarily appropriate, she had me LOL'ing during the debate thing. Comedy is rarely 'clean humor' and often makes inappropriate jokes, and I know she crossed the line a bit but she still did make me laugh more than anyone else.

Dida: Looked beautiful during the challenge but had boring answers. I liked her runway look a lot, I wish the hair was straight blonde instead of the blonde/black mix but it was still good.

Latrice: Her face being a different color than the rest of her is really annoying but she did do a great job this episode. I think she's the only plus size queen on this show that I've ever really been a fan of. Such great personality.

Chad: STUNNING runway look at the end. Kinda boring in the challenge though.

GOOOOOOOOOOOD I HOPE WILLAM COMES BACK

I really hope Willam comes back and then Phi Phi is eliminated, making the top 4 the one it should be.

Sharon: She rocked it. That speech at the end of the debate was actually pretty inspiring! She was able to find a balance of sarcasm and serious commitment. And then she had the witty futuristic look on the runway. Well deserved win!

Chad: The nitpicking is getting ridiculous, now. They got over Sharon being flawless all the time, I think it's time for Michelle to cut Chad some slack. "She played another character, we don't know who she is"... Someone really creative who plays a lot of characters, maybe? She's been doing Cher for decade, I don't see anything wrong with her having some fun. Plus, all her different characters are always fully realized. It's not just some experiment that falls flat. Chad's a chameleon and it's great.

Phi Phi: This is what an half-assed character looks like, and this is what the judges should be bitching about instead of going after Chad. Going for a Sarah Palin impersonation is too easy, and it's not even current anymore. She had a few good ideas, but none of them came out right. She did look stunning on the runway, though. I think it was one of her best looks so far. But she clearly couldn't walk in that dress! I love Willam, but that recreation of the disqualification at the beginning of the episode was actually pretty funny!

Latrice: She gave up again, and that was unfortunate. I didn't like the runway look at all, the bra strap was the least of her problems. She turned it out in the lip-sync though. Hopefully that brings her back in the game so she can knock out Phi Phi and whoever comes back so she can take her rightful place in the top 3.

Dida: So sad that she's gone! It was undeniably her time, though. I have no doubt she did try her hardest, but you could tell she didn't want to be a part of that political debate. It was painful to see her being completely shut down when she tried to take the lighter approach in the workroom. Dan Savage was kind of an ass to her. At least she went on a high note with that lip-sync. And she left with class. I hope she works hard on polishing her image, she could be huge.

There were so many funny moments, again. Latrice saying "I looked at Phi Phi and realized she is ugly. And I'm at peace with that." was a highlight! Also, I loved Sharon trying to appeal to Jeffrey Moran by talking about how much she loves Vodka!

SHARON FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

I loved Phi Phis looks this episode and I was living for hers and Sharons parody of Willams elimination!! Felt Chad was a little overrated this time tbh

AND LATRICES LIPSYNC GAVE ME ****ING CHILLS!!

I guess Kenya is coming back.....

'Being young is being fun' - Tyra Sanchez

BonBon. Crystal Mess. Jpeg Papi. Kim Chi. Linux. Merrie Cherry.

It would be funny if Carmen Carrera came back again

Praying that they bring back Willam because the show's just not as funny with her gone. But even though that's the right choice... they will probably choose Kenya cause they seem to love bringing back body queens that have no chance of winning.

i was crossing my fingers that they'd bring a season 3 queen back, since all of them are *hands down* more polished than most of the queens of this season. Mariah deserves to be brought back and win <3

PhiPhi: Hate her. Her character felt forced. Not funny at all tbh. And what the hell is up with her wonky eye at runway all the time? o.O that dress was stunning though. Serving Dreamgirls-Realness

Latrice: I agree with the colour of face doesn't match body comment someone else stated earlier, and her runway look was a mess :/ I love her but she needs to step it up. Her Lipsync was faboulous.

Dida: OH MY GOD DIDA YOU'RE SO STUPID. she is serving intelligence on jigglys level tbh.
    Her Runway dress was great but that hair. gurrrrrrr.... deserved to sashay away, even if i wanted phi phi to go.

Chad: Stunning runway, but she is not interesting anymore. Needs to stop overusing the word bitch, she is way to old to basically build her sentences around that lol.

Sharon: For me, Sharon is the only queen that still deserves to win, she is pretty much consistant with her performance and look, and i loved her during the debate, she was also one of the only ones that actually brought up serious political problems this episode.

If it's not one of the Season 3 queens, the only one that actually deserves to come back is Willam but i do not think that's going to happen, since she's been making too much drama around being kicked off, but im still hoping for her. Kenya Michaels does NOT deserve to be brought back at all, her, Milan and the Princess (and Fatti Laqueer obvs2say) are the ones who can't come back, i wouldn't mind the others. Lashauwn still is the cutest guy in the competition and is bringing the sewing skill and the creativity to still carry on. Jiggly was one of my favorites, too.

That's all

This episode if anything, certified that SHARON is the ONLY queen that is worth the NEXT DRAG SUPERSTAR crown. For real, no one is on her level, so I need to say once again that there can not be any way that she doesnt win this.

If she loses than this will be the biggest injustice in pop culture.
    She was looking amazing on the debate and she was the only one that delivered with her speech.

I love Dida but it was her time to go
    Chad is amazing but he is one note, same goes for Latrice. But both are TOP3 contenders.

PhiPhi... who is she sucking in order to remain on this show?
    She is bad, busted, raggedy, bitter and not polished. She needs to leave and it sucks to already know that she will be for another 2 episodes still (she is on the dog challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunifah View Post
    This episode if anything, certified that SHARON is the ONLY queen that is worth the NEXT DRAG SUPERSTAR crown. For real, no one is on her level, so I need to say once again that there can not be any way that she doesnt win this.
    Sharon could peak too early, leaving Chad to pull it out right at the very end. At this stage Chad has only been criticised for being too perfect and too in character, so if Chad shows them his "true" self then he'll be Sharon's competition.

It seemed impossible for Nina to lose season 1, but Bebe managed to surprise the judges in the top 4 and the finale. Raja even stumbled close to the end and edged Manila out in the finale's lipsync. Same with Tyra, Raven was dominating the competition at the end and Tyra just snuck ahead at the top 4.

There's still 3-4 episodes left for Chad to rebound. Whilst Sharon leads by one extra win, Chad hasn't found herself any lower than safe.

At this point it could go either way. I just don't think we can count Chad or even Latrice out. It could come down to a deciding lipsync and we haven't seen what Chad can dish out. I'm not sure if Sharon could even beat Latrice in a lipsync.

Finally saw it!
    Thoughts:

Sharon Needles: She was by far the best at the debate. I loved how she mixed being funny ("Ladies and gentlemen and everything in between" was genius) and being serious. Her look was great and very believable and I would honestly say that I wouldn't think twice about voting for her. Her runway look was awesome, I mean, a dress made out of pantyhose. Genius.
    I really felt for her in Untucked. I can't imagine how it was for her going through high school, getting bullied and then basically getting told that it's your own fault. I feel like she carries a good message, but I'm afraid she's too much like Raja (both alternative/edgy, having a very distinct look, mixing seriousness with hilarity) to win this.

Chad: Although I feel like she could have been even more crazy as her 'joke candidate' (like Newt Gringrich and Michelle Bachman, ), I really liked her. She was magnetizing on the runway, she looked so incredibly gorgeous. I also liked how she dealt with the lights.
    I still don't get why they critique her so much for not showing her 'true' self. With a queen like Willam, I would understand that, but Chad seems incredibly genuine in everything she does. I don't think that they really need to make that comment anymore.

Latrice: First of all: "I looked at Phi Phi and came to the conclusion that she was very ugly indeed. And I can live with that." Best quote of the episode y/y? She wasn't particularly funny during the debate and I agree that her corset wasn't that great, but come on: she's Latrice. She is amazing and awesome in everything she does. Her lipsync was by far the best of the season, she was really feeling it. There it was really evident that she has the experience.

Dida: She was messy and not funny during the interview and her look wasn't great either. She is still incredibly likable as a person and completely stunning as a drag queen, even with that messed-up hair. She looked amazing during the lipsync, but, yeah, there was no winning against Latrice.
    I liked her during Untucked, it was sweet that she got to see her parents a step closer to accepting who she is. I'm going to miss her and I would rather have seen PhiPhi go home, but that's not going to happen.

PhiPhi: She was a sourpuss again. And painfully unfunny during the debate. Doing a Sarah Palin is old as hell, but she could have been more successful is she actually had been funny. Which she wasn't. That remark on "The Help" was in very poor taste and basically her screaming and being gimmicky didn't help her much either. Willam would've nailed it, tbh. Also, was it me, or was her wig not properly put on her head? It looked very strange on the runway.
    As always, she got even worse during Untucked. There was this one little moment of her admitting that she wasn't so different from Sharon that felt genuine and touching, but overall she was just being up herself and stanky.

I'm crossing all my fingers and my toes and my hairs and my limbs and my knees and every other part of my body that they bring back queen Willam. I would LOVE for her to return and then for PhiPhi to leave. That would be the most perfect thing ever; PhiPhi being send home by Willam

Willam- Would have slayed this week.

Chad Michaels- I'm listing him over Sharon even though Sharon won, because I thought that while Sharon was excellent, Chad was the one who truly had me gagging all around this week. His runway look was a highlight of this seasons runways, honestly, and I loved his commitment and sense of humor with Ladypimp Michaels. The nitpicking about the ~real chad~ is getting ridiculous. The real Chad, in all of his big hearted wisdom, is not an exciting character for the stage. He has enough creativity and experience to know how to create an exciting and entertaining character and bring it to life. I enjoy Michelle Visage, but I feel like she tends to clearly prefer those intensely glamour, fishy beauty girls who just stand on stage and give you all that fishy realness. I'm a little over her critiques this season.

Sharon Needles- While I did like Chad more this week, I don't think Sharon's win was undeserved at all. The runway look required a bit too much explanation, as divine as it was--I think the concept should speak for itself when it's first seen. That being said, I think her performance was really great--she seriously addressed pertinent issues while giving a little wink and fun on the side. I also was taken by her stance on mixing politics and drag in general, and while I can respect Chad and Dida feeling like it's not their place to bring it up, I love that Sharon felt she could use the drag race platform to bring awareness and make her voice heard.

Phi Phi O'Hara- I didn't hate Phi Phi's choice for this week. The Palin-esque caricature was a great idea, but she didn't nail it and that made for a lot of problems. I wasn't 100% sold that she was committed to this part. Of course, come Untucked she's all on the defense about how she was only joking--bitch, everyone knows you were joking. The problem with your joke is that it wasn't funny. She had a great concept and the execution was just not all the way there.

Latrice Royale- Unfortunately, this week was a big slip back for Latrice. I love her to death and would love to see her win it for the big girls, but I don't think she's as consistent as Chad and Sharon, and it's getting down to the point where I think it will eventually cost her. I don't think she had totally figured out her character for the debate come showtime, and her runway look was just so off the mark. Latrice has the sense of style to make that inaugural look happen and I know she has some Michelle Obama realness somewhere in her wardrobe. It was a miss-step for Latrice this week for sure.

Dida Ritz- It was her time, unfortunately, and of the two weaker queens (her and Phi Phi), Phi Phi definitely had the better showing this week. Dida, unfortunately, has always been a queen who was destined to be booted when the weakest queens had been rooted out. She was never the worst, but she was never really the best, and at this point, there was no more room to hide. Dida simply got outshone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilotorio View Post
    Willam returns. Lands in the bottom 2 with Phi Phi and sends her home! Willam is then eliminated the following week allowing Chad, Latrice, and Sharon to go to finals, with Sharon winning.
    This. [/thread]

Still need to watch untucked but..

Sharon: ugh she nailed it, chad was amazing but the power Sharon gave to the task was just amazing, she really mixed the fun and seriousness which is I believe what Ru wanted. her words were really encouraging. I really would adore to see her win,shes soo adorable.. and spooky, such an amazing contrast tbh

oh and her runway oufit rocked.

Chad: but ugh so did Chad, her oufit was , the best of the season with sharon first oufit IMO. and I also disagree with Michelle, like Chad said,this was a really risky move,since yeh she did a character, but it was on a political debate and it could have easily gone really wrong if chad overdid it, as always chad polished her character enough and pulled a great show

Latrice: her " phi phi is ugly and Im at peace with that" was enough for me to say she was awsome on the debate . Yet I have to agree her oufit wasnt all that, I just wished phi phi would have been at the bottom cause Dida would have slayed her .

Her lypsynch was absolutely amazing too . yet I would have prefered a more equal song since that one was obviouisly Latrice element

Dida: she really gave up this week cause her performance was so flat,like I prefer over phi phi but she at least tried even if it had awful results. Dida performas was just flat, she did great at the lipsynch but she was indeed outclassed by Latrice.

Phi Phi: bitch continues to have some talent, some nerve but she continues to have no charisma or uniqueness. her Sarah Palin try honestly looked like a recycle "dumb bitch" act she did on the wrestling and on the jail episodes, same dumb bitch, but now racist. and she just lost the funny, like Sharon said her drag continues to be so tired, like Ill give her that her white dress was AMAZING but when I saw it I just said " Alexis Mateo would rock this so much more " LOL

oh and WILLAM is the only one worthy of coming back,in this season all the elimination have honestly been justified.

IMO of choices

1. Willam

distance of a whole continent
    the princess
    --
    kenya

---oblivion

the rest LOL

Ill comment on untucked when I see it later today XD

credit to Ejy

FINALLY! I watched the episode and untucked yesterday but didn't have a chance to comment until now!

The episode was good, actually better than what I originally expected, but still left me with some mixed feelings. The mini challenge was total filler, I mean, they didn't even give Phi Phi some kind of edge or reward for winning it. That being said, all of the designs were pretty much awful to say the least.

The main challenge was good, even if I agree with Chad on not wanting to mix serious issues with drag. What I liked about it was that it required a certain type of humor and wit to pull it off.

About the girls:

Sharon: I knew there was a reason for her to be my fave! She slayed this week. The simplicity of her look was kind of surprising and her ability to never break character is gret! She brought exactly what was needed for this challenge: a fine mix between seriousness and humor, and she knew exactly how to do it and when to be funny, but also when to be inspirational! I pretty much love everyone left but Phi Phi and I'd be happy if any of the girls I like wins, but Sharon's win would make me the happiest! Also, her runway look this week was quite... special, at first I didn't like it at all but the more I looked at it, the more I got it.

Chad: Love her too. I think not wanting to mix politics and drag was a perfeclty valid opinion, and I love that Chad found a way to still shine through the challenge even if it was not something she was initially comforbable with. I really liked what she did with her character and I thought she looked simply adorable as Ladypimp Michaels. I would've liked to see her taking her character just a little bit further, though. Now, her runway look was something else, now I get what Ru means when she says when she was gagging on the eleganza because that's what I did when I saw Chad's look.

Phi Phi: I can't believe she was safe. Her performance on the main challenge was embarassing to watch to say the least. I'm sure she was safe mostly because her dress was pretty. Btw, had she worn that dress before? Or does it look a lot like something somebody else wore on previous seasons? Because I could swear I had seen it before!

Latrice:
    GURRRL, you better work! Her lipsync was fabulous! Her performance on the debate was not the worst, but she was way to serious. I'm almost sure that she was in the bottom 2 because of her runway outfit.

Dida: I'm gonna miss her so much! I agree that she needed a lot of experience and polishment to be a true contender for the title, but she has such a likeable personality! She was always real without being a bitch and was also pretty damn funny (mostly unintentionaly). I thought she let her anxiety get to her and it showed, but she still gave a great fight with that final lipsync. Had she been against any of the other girls, she probably would've stayed.

Out of the eliminated girls I'd love to see Willam back. All of the other girls left at the right time, except for maybe Leshauwn, but she was eliminated way too early to come back now, and also the judges didn't seem too fond of her.

RTVG Apprentice
    I hate Phi Phi, she was so stupid!!!!! I want to see when Wilam (She will back) eliminate her!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast