Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica Sanchez

RTVG Idol
    ^ I don't dislike her but I can't find anything special in her that excites me. I do think she kills it vocally everytime but I'm so tired of diva-divas in these shows.

terminally confused Fierceglamdom's Avatar
    The first half of last night's performance was absolutely spectacular. The second half, not so much. She didn't hit all of those runs exactly right and they took away from the entire thing. They are definitely a bit over-excessive.

Everything Fades Away... ANTM4life's Avatar

Achievements

Jessica hit a flawless C#6 falsetto. Your fav can never.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaleishaStowers View Post
    Moschino's IG just posting Leila's trash can purse, I hope it's a sign that she will book the campaign!!!

While some are tired of divas in this show, me? I miss them. American Idol needs to stop saying Yes to indie wannabes because they just end up being try hards or flat.

I miss the old times when vocals matter.

Jessica's gonna win. Mark my words! She's literally the best in this batch and she's very very likable.

The Nerve RTVGWiki

Thanks Estquer and Thomnom!

RTVG Idol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundae Morning View Post
    While some are tired of divas in this show, me? I miss them. American Idol needs to stop saying Yes to indie wannabes because they just end up being try hards or flat.

I miss the old times when vocals matter.

Jessica's gonna win. Mark my words! She's literally the best in this batch and she's very very likable.
    There's only one Indie singer this year, Phillip... and I use the term "Indie" very loosely. Whilst there are about 4 or 5 diva-ish singers... So I'm not sure if we're watching the same show or not.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1990 View Post
    There's only one Indie singer this year, Phillip... and I use the term "Indie" very loosely. Whilst there are about 4 or 5 diva-ish singers... So I'm not sure if we're watching the same show or not.
    Colton is considered an "Indie" singer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1990 View Post
    The only person I consider as diva in this batch is Jessica. Hollie etc aren't even qualified.

The rest... eek.

The Nerve RTVGWiki

I agree with Sundae.

For gods sake we've had 4 of the same winners in the past 4 years. And lets be honest, only Cook has made partial success.

If a diva is the only one to break the cycle, then so be it.

RTVG Idol
    Quote Originally Posted by marissa View Post
    Colton is considered an "Indie" singer as well.
    Colton is as mainstream Pop Rock as the day is long as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not going to cross someone out just because he's a WGWG. If Phillip or Colton out-performs everyone else (they aren't), then either of them deserve to win. And if you think about it, clustering the past four winners together is sorta dumb. Do you really think Scotty and David have the same styles?

But at this point, I'm rooting for a Jessica win.

what does WGWG mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    what does WGWG mean?
    White guy with guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontin View Post
    I agree with Sundae.

For gods sake we've had 4 of the same winners in the past 4 years. And lets be honest, only Cook has made partial success.

If a diva is the only one to break the cycle, then so be it.
    It's just I missed the old Idol. I don't even require for every contestant to be divas but I just missed the old show. I even prefer season 3 despite it being pretty bad than last season or last 2 seasons. I just missed good singing.

I miss the likes of Vonzell, LaToya London, Kat McPhee. I miss competition. I used to love love love this show.

The Nerve RTVGWiki

I don't know, if Idol was just about being a good vocalist, I would be sorta bored.

The show got boring when we have all of these crap voices. I wasn't bored when a bunch of them have good vocals. See: seasons 3, 4 and 5, 7.

The Nerve RTVGWiki

Quote Originally Posted by Sundae Morning View Post
    The show got boring when we have all of these crap voices. I wasn't bored when a bunch of them have good vocals. See: seasons 3, 4 and 5, 7 and 8.
    Season 8 was amazing. Kris, Adam, Allison, Matt, Anoop, Megan, the very robbed Alexis. And I personally wasn't very fond of Season 3.

I think "crap voices" is just a matter of taste. And honestly what keeps the show interesting imo is not specifically their voices but what they do with their voices.

Season 8 is also acceptable. And yes, Season 3 is boring if it airs in this generation but back then, it was amazing. The competition was fierce.

Seasons these days have a bunch of fillers.

About voices, I mentioned it but I'm talking about the singing and style generally. I am not a huge fan of ballads. They're not the genre I listen most of the time, in fact, I love indie music, such a huge fan. But this show don't have them. They're all lame!

Megan <333 Can't believe that's 3 years ago.

The Nerve RTVGWiki

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast