Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pyrophobia 3

Achievements

Sign-ups are closed. We will begin shortly!

Achievements

Alex • Iron Muffin
    Caroline • Aly
    Dayoung • VanityEgo
    Laura • Vashhee
    Lotta • Meh
    Manuel • Aandres
    Minju • RiddleMeThis
    Oberyn • eagle2ch
    Parvati • betinez
    Ruby • chaze
    Shonee • FashionLover

The eleven of you have been locked in the tower. Ten of you are regular players, and one of you is the Pyromaniac. You will receive a private message confirming your role momentarily.

What happens next is entirely up to you. This game could end within the first round, or it could go on to the bitter end. How you decide to balance the competing threats to your game—the fire, the Pyromaniac, the ballot economy, and each other—will determine who, if anyone, will win the game.

In order to balance the game for this cast size, I have decided that the fire will overwhelm the tower if it reaches Level 6 (it will start at Level 0). Thus, compared to last season, it has been adjusted moderately in favor of non-Pyromaniac players.

The first round of the game will begin shortly.

Good luck, and try not to get burned!

Achievements

Round #1: Disco Inferno

Alex • Iron Muffin
    Caroline • Aly
    Dayoung • VanityEgo
    Laura • Vashhee
    Lotta • Meh
    Manuel • Aandres
    Minju • RiddleMeThis
    Oberyn • eagle2ch
    Parvati • betinez
    Ruby • chaze
    Shonee • FashionLover

Fire Level Game Status
    Level 6 Game Over
    Level 5
    Level 4
    Level 3
    Level 2
    Level 1
    Level 0 Current Level

It's time to vote. This round, you are all starting with 5 ballots. After this round, you will receive individualized updates with the current number of ballots you have.

Rules

You are required to cast a minimum of 3 Ballots each round. For these ballots, you have two options:

• [1] Fire Suppression: Cast it against the fire to benefit the fire suppression effort.
    • [2] Player Suppression: Cast it against a player other than yourself.

For your excess ballots (past the third), you have three options:

• [1] Save It: Save it for a future round.
    • [2] Fire Suppression: Cast it against the fire to benefit the fire suppression effort.
    • [3] Player Suppression: Cast it against a player other than yourself.

Each player must respond within the allotted time (24 hours, with up to a 24-hour extension available maximum). If I receive all decisions before 24 hours have elapsed, I may post results early. If you specifically want me to wait the full 24 hour hours because you are considering changing your decision, indicate that in your message and I will wait until the full deadline. You can also request an extension of up to 24 hours.

If you fail to vote by the deadline, your ballots will be discarded.

Any ballots used improperly (to self-vote or vote for something other than the fire or another player remaining in the game) will be discarded.

Possible Vote Outcomes

• Unanimous Fire Suppression: A vote in which all ballots are cast again the fire will result in a highly successful fire suppression effort. The fire will decrease by one level, unless it is already at the minimum. No elimination will occur during this round.
    • Majority Fire Suppression: If at least fifty percent of ballots cast are against the fire, the fire will remain at its current level. The player with the most votes will be eliminated. Surviving players will recover ballots cast against them for use in future rounds.
    • Failed Fire Suppression: If fewer than fifty percent of ballots are cast against the fire, the fire will increase by one level. The player who receives the most votes will be eliminated. Surviving players will recover ballots cast against them for use in future rounds.
    • No Fire Suppression: The doomsday scenario. If a vote takes place where no votes are cast against the fire, the fire will immediately burn down the tower and end the game. This includes the scenario where no votes are cast at all.

Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise... well, enjoy your stay in this warm, cozy tower.

Achievements

Manuel: Anyways stream Vaina Loca by Manuel Turizo, Stupid Love by Lady Gaga, and Vete by Bad Bunny.

Achievements

Hey everyone! I've been having a ton of difficulty accessing the site right now due to the security errors I've been getting. I apologize for the delay and I will do my best to update the game as soon as I can.

Achievements

Im currently working on the errors. Think we should be good by tomorrow.

Achievements

Hi everyone!

The security error seems to be over (Thank you, Aly!), so I just sent out a message to let you know that the game is now continuing. I'm not sure everyone had a chance to submit their decisions before the security errors started, so out of an abundance of caution I am giving everyone a full 24 hours to catch up with the game, submit or re-submit your decisions.

If you submitted a decision and don't want to change it, you're good to go.

If you submitted a decision and are considering changing it, you now have 24 hours to make any modifications you'd like to make.

If you did not submit a decision, you now have these 24 hours to submit them.

Hope you are all doing well amidst... you know, everything.

Achievements

The deadline has passed! As a reminder, there were 55 total ballots in the game at the beginning of this round. Let's see how many were cast.

Spoiler:  
    Ballots Used: 37
    Ballots Saved: 8
    Discarded Ballots: 10

37 ballots have been cast this round. It will take at least 19 votes against the fire to suppress it this round.

How many ballots were cast against the fire?

Spoiler:  
    FIRE SUPPRESSION HAS FAILED.
    11 out of 37
    29.73%

The fire increases to Level 1.

Based on the remaining votes, the player with the most votes will be eliminated. That player is...

Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  

Manuel has been eliminated!

11 - 10 - 9 - 5 - 1 - 1

The players who had fewer than 10 votes cast against them will have those ballots added to their inventory.

OOC: Sorry to see you go, Aandres! It's difficult to say how the security errors and slow start might've affected the results here. Unfortunately, you lost out here in a very close vote. Thanks so much for supporting this series, I appreciate it!

After a rocky start, a very close vote will dramatically re-distribute the ballots in the game. Will you get it together this time?

Achievements

Round #2: Halt and Catch Fire

Alex • Iron Muffin
    Caroline • Aly
    Dayoung • VanityEgo
    Laura • Vashhee
    Lotta • Meh
    Minju • RiddleMeThis
    Oberyn • eagle2ch
    Parvati • betinez
    Ruby • chaze
    Shonee • FashionLover

Fire Level Game Status
    Level 6 Game Over
    Level 5
    Level 4
    Level 3
    Level 2
    Level 1 Current Level
    Level 0

It's time to vote. You will receive individualized updates with the current number of ballots you have.

Rules

You are required to cast a minimum of 3 Ballots each round. For these ballots, you have two options:

• [1] Fire Suppression: Cast it against the fire to benefit the fire suppression effort.

• [2] Fire Suppression: Cast it against the fire to benefit the fire suppression effort.

Each player must respond within the allotted time (24 hours, with up to a 24-hour extension available maximum). If I receive all decisions before 24 hours have elapsed, I may post results early. If you specifically want me to wait the full 24 hour hours because you are considering changing your decision, indicate that in your message and I will wait until the full deadline. You can also request an extension of up to 24 hours.

Any ballots used improperly (to self-vote or vote for something other than the fire or another player remaining in the game) will be discarded.

Possible Vote Outcomes

• Unanimous Fire Suppression: A vote in which all ballots are cast again the fire will result in a highly successful fire suppression effort. The fire will decrease by one level, unless it is already at the minimum. No elimination will occur during this round.
    • Majority Fire Suppression: If at least fifty percent of ballots cast are against the fire, the fire will remain at its current level. The player with the most votes will be eliminated. Surviving players will recover ballots cast against them for use in future rounds.
    • Failed Fire Suppression: If fewer than fifty percent of ballots are cast against the fire, the fire will increase by one level. The player who receives the most votes will be eliminated. Surviving players will recover ballots cast against them for use in future rounds.
    • No Fire Suppression: The doomsday scenario. If a vote takes place where no votes are cast against the fire, the fire will immediately burn down the tower and end the game. This includes the scenario where no votes are cast at all.

Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise... well, enjoy your stay in this warm, cozy tower.

Achievements

The deadline has passed! Let's see how many ballots were cast.

Spoiler:  
    Ballots Used: 37
    Ballots Saved: 19
    Discarded Ballots: 18

37 ballots have been cast once again this round. It will take at least 19 votes against the fire to suppress it this round.

Spoiler:  
    7 out of 37
    18.92%

Gurl.

The fire increases to Level 2.

Based on the remaining votes, the player with the most votes will be eliminated. That player is...

Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  

Oberyn has been eliminated!

10 - 9 - 7 - 6 - 5

The players who had fewer than 10 votes cast against them will have those ballots added to their inventory.

OOC: Sorry to see you go, eagle2ch! I was rooting for you this time after you made it to the end in both previous seasons but weren't able to win. Unfortunately, you were a huge target this time. Thanks so much for supporting this series, I appreciate it!

Things seem to be getting worse, not better. Can the fire be stopped?

Achievements

Round #3: A Song of Fire and More Fire

Alex • Iron Muffin
    Caroline • Aly
    Dayoung • VanityEgo
    Laura • Vashhee
    Lotta • Meh
    Minju • RiddleMeThis
    Parvati • betinez
    Ruby • chaze
    Shonee • FashionLover

Fire Level Game Status
    Level 6 Game Over
    Level 5
    Level 4
    Level 3
    Level 2 Current Level
    Level 1
    Level 0

It's time to vote. You will receive individualized updates with the current number of ballots you have.

Rules

Possible Vote Outcomes

Let's try this:

Match any vote you send to another player with 1 or more votes to suppress the fire.

Therefore: any players votes : fire suppression votes = 1 : 1+

This is in the best interests of everyone except the Pyromaniac since both of the previous seasons the fire was not suppressed.

If the Pyromaniac wants to sabotage this plan, they must spend more of their ballots which benefits everyone else in the long-term.

The rule change means that we also should have more ballots to accomplish this.

Achievements

^^^^^ We REALLY need to come together with the plan this season or the fire/pyro will win yet again.

I'll be going all in on fire each round. No one should feel comfortable that the fire is getting enough votes though because that's never worked out in the past. We all need to do our part and a couple of us should do all 5 votes to cover the pyro.

Achievements

Spoiler:  
    Ballots Used: 54
    Ballots Saved: 11
    Discarded Ballots: 14

54 ballots have been cast once again this round. It will take at least 27 votes against the fire to suppress it this round.

Spoiler:  
    12 out of 54
    22.22%

The fire increases to Level 3.

Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  

Lotta has been eliminated!

19 - 12 - 12 - 11

The players who had fewer than 19 votes cast against them will have those ballots added to their inventory.

OOC: Sorry to see you go, Meh! This is certainly a shocking outcome and I am sad that we won't see more from you this season. Thank you so much for supporting the series! I hope you had fun.

It seems the campaign to suppress the fire has hit significant difficulties. So far, despite having more ballots to work with and easier conditions than any other season, you have failed to prevent the fire from rising in any round. It's not too late yet, but the window is certainly closing!

Achievements

Round #4: That Girl is on Fire

Alex • Iron Muffin
    Caroline • Aly
    Dayoung • VanityEgo
    Laura • Vashhee
    Minju • RiddleMeThis
    Parvati • betinez
    Ruby • chaze
    Shonee • FashionLover

Fire Level Game Status
    Level 6 Game Over
    Level 5
    Level 4
    Level 3 Current Level
    Level 2
    Level 1
    Level 0

Rules

Possible Vote Outcomes

Achievements

Achievements

Spoiler:  
    Ballots Used: 56
    Ballots Saved: 13
    Discarded Ballots: 5

56 ballots have been cast once again this round. It will take at least 28 votes against the fire to suppress it this round.

Spoiler:  
    13 out of 56
    23.21%

The rules for Pyrophobia are available here in case you're unclear as to the premise of the game.

The fire increases to Level 4.

Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  
    • • •
      Spoiler:  

Dayoung has been eliminated!

17 - 16 - 13 - 5 - 5

The players who had fewer than 17 votes cast against them will have those ballots added to their inventory.

OOC: Sorry to see you go, Andrei! This shouldn't be too surprising given the way things have been going in this game. Thanks so much for playing and supporting this series, I appreciate it!

However the players are trying to organize their resistance against the fire still isn't working. It's going to take a major perspective shift for this cast to defeat the fire mechanic before it burns down the tower once again.

Achievements

Round #5: Reading (The Rules of the Damn Game) Is Fundamental

Alex • Iron Muffin
    Caroline • Aly
    Laura • Vashhee
    Minju • RiddleMeThis
    Parvati • betinez
    Ruby • chaze
    Shonee • FashionLover

Fire Level Game Status
    Level 6 Game Over
    Level 5
    Level 4 Current Level
    Level 3
    Level 2
    Level 1
    Level 0

Rules

Possible Vote Outcomes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast