Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Centennial 2

Achievements

~ Chika responds to Jesse ~

Wang Lin is was a #1 world badminton player. Who ended her career?
    a. Wang Shixian
    b. Maria Febe
    c. Wang Xin
    d. Tine Baun
    I guess that depends on how you define "ended." Wang Shixian and Wang Xin certainly didn't help things, since their rise to prominence basically overshadowed Wang Lin's attempt at a comeback and knocked her out of favor with the first-team lineup. Maria Febe Kusumastuti was her opponent during the match that she suffered her injury, and her fear of that injury reoccurring or worsening is the reason she gave for failing to play at her previous level, so I'd say that the most straightforward answer is probably B. <3

Achievements

~ Chika responds to Niko ~

i don’t have any questions, just tell me i’m pretty
    Nikooooooo!

You're super pretty! <3

I mean, just LOOK at you!! <3
    Last edited by Rob; 10-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Achievements

~ Chika responds to Zen, Part I ~

I got three questions to ask to help me with my vote: one that's serious, one more fun, and one that's personal to either of you. Let's do this!

1. The activity of the site is at an all-time low, as we all know, and these games have really been suffering because of it, including this one--not just casting-wise but also strategically. Regardless, the show must go on, and it has, especially for you two. So in spite of these shortcomings, what move did you make outside of winning challenges that you would say was pivotal to you sitting here right now, and why?
    2. Compare each juror you've interacted with in this game to a character from the series of your representative, and provide a brief explanation as to why you chose that particular character for them. Feel free to do everybody on the jury, if you'd like!

1. Without a doubt my strongest move here was approaching people like Katsuragi and Ripple at the very start of the game. As I mentioned before, there was a definite stigma there because of the radical carpet-bombing strategy that I used in the first Centennial against Ripple, and I needed to work hard to make sure that I wouldn't be hoisted by my own petard here. To do that I had to go along with some things that I did not enjoy, such as not warning Caio that his name was out there in the first round. But if I hadn't made those efforts, I think for sure I would have been one of the first people to go home. I also was always working it and saving up votes so that I'd be okay if I lost challenges in the later phases of the game, and I think that those efforts are also a big pivotal part of what got me here. My alliance with you and my close bond with Nyan were big factors in keeping me from being a target if things went south for me. I always made it known that I didn't want to go after people who were threats and that I wanted a fair shake for people, even if it meant that I'd have more competition later on and possibly put myself in danger, but it kept me in good graces with the more active people and gave me an edge that I don't think was necessarily present for everyone else.

Katsuragi as Kaguya Shinomiya

Kaguya Shinomiya is the main character of Love is War. She's the student council Vice President, an accomplished archer and musician with skills in every department, and a raging crush on the President, Miyuki Shirogane, that she doesn't know how to deal with. She's far and away one of the best characters in anything ever, and was originally going to be my rep for this game until I found somewhere else to use her and settled for Chika instead. Like Kaguya, Spencer is an absolutely brilliant and talented human being whose skills know no bounds. I think on first glance he can be extremely intimidating, just as Kaguya is to the rest of the student body, but once you get over those preconceptions both Kaguya and Spencer prove to be excellent people who are genuinely interesting and lovely to talk to. Just as Kaguya is one of my favorite fictional characters, Spencer is one of my favorite people. I really enjoy the guy and I wish we could've gone further together. I hope he comes back to hosting games again soon, because he's bloody fantastic.

Jesse as Kobachi Osaragi

Kobachi Osaragi is a member of the discipline committee, in case you can't read the picture. Even though she's only appeared a handful of times, she's proven to be one of the smartest and most level-headed characters in the entire series, and despite her rather bookish appearance she's said to be very popular with the boys of the school. Even though Chiko is fairly new to our community, they've already proven themselves to be a very keen player and someone who I think will go on to be a great player in the future.

Pikachu as San of Shibuya

San of Shibuya is one of the Four Ramen Emperors of Tokyo, a group of four people with legendary and unparalleled skill in the art of... eating ramen noodles. Chika runs into San when she goes to a ramen shop after getting home from a vacation, and he proceeds to instigate (and lose) a one-sided battle of ramen consumption with her for absolutely no reason, and Chika never even notices. It's one of those one-off side stories that's so bizarre and ridiculous that you can't help but laugh at it. I know that Uno is, in his own right, an incredibly skilled player when he dedicates himself, and I think in this game he struggled to find his footing and was just sort of living his own intriguing side story apart from the rest of the group. It was entertaining as hell, and I thank him from the bottom of my heart for being so entertaining in this.

Ripple as Ai Hayasaka

Ai is Kaguya's long-suffering maid, who patiently puts up with Kaguya's antics. She's far and away the most competent character in the series, running circles around geniuses like Kaguya and Miyuki without breaking a sweat, and it's popularly ruined that she could probably take over the world if she felt like it. Andrei definitely hit the ground running in this game, and was generally considered the driving force in the early phases of the game, leading charges against people like Niko and dominating challenges to keep herself safe. The only challenge she lost here was a luck one, and people leaped on that to push her out of the game before she could dominate all the way to the end.

May as Adolphe Pescarolo

Adolphe Pescarolo is the headmaster of the school that the characters attend. He's always off playing Pokemon Go instead of doing his job. Like May, he's definitely always around and he's definitely always doing something, but it's hard to say what or where. I love chaze but it's sad to see him go inactive when I know he's capable of being awesome when he puts his mind to it.

Niko as Yu Ishigami

Yu Ishigami is the student council treasurer and Chika's nemesis, who always outsmarts her with logic and catches her whenever she tries to cheat at games (which is always). In his backstory, Yu was suspended from school over a false allegation of stalking, and forbidden from returning until Miyuki Shirogane and the rest of the student council intervened on his behalf. Once he came back, the creep who falsely accused him was so terrified of being caught that he changed schools. Like Yu, Niko was cast out and then came back, casting fear and dread into the hearts of those who'd voted for her. I know what a formidable opponent Caio can be when he's dedicated, and I was very glad not to be one of the people on his immediate hit list. Plus Yu's just generally a good guy, and so is Caio. <3

Rayne as Miko Iino

Miko Iino is the head of the disciplinary committee, and she challenges Miyuki in the student council elections, nearly defeating him and taking away the presidency. Rayne was one of the biggest question marks in the game for me, and like Miko she turned out to be a very credible challenger that couldn't be underestimated. She was very shrewd and snuck her way into the final four, managing to sneak past a few really tricky rounds and staying off the radar while keeping herself safe. Underestimate her at your peril!

Zen as Tsubame Koyasu

Tsubame Koyasu is easily one of the best characters in this series. She's one of the senior members of the school cheer team, she's kind, she's athletic, she's very well-liked and popular among the student body, and on top of all that she's very smart. In a series that's all about head games, Tsubame Koyasu is the only character that operates purely from the heart, and she's awesome. Phoenix is basically the heart of RTVG these days. He's consistently nice and a good sport, even in an environment that can get hella toxic and petty at times. On top of that he's great at challenges, he's a boss strategist, and he's just freakin' likeable. I do honestly wish I'd been as insightful as he was when I was his age (or that I could eventually get there, since I'm still not).

Lola as Miyuki Shirogane

Miyuki Shirogane is the student body president and main love interest of the series. Unlike the other students at the academy, who are rich and come from famous families, Shirogane comes from humble beginnings and got where he was by working hard. I think that's a pretty excellent comparison for Lola, who wasn't necessarily someone that people were eyeing for their reputation the way they were with people like Katsuragi, Niko, and Ripple. But Lola worked that to her advantage and was able to get to the endgame. She's a great ally and I've really enjoyed playing with her.

Chika as Chika Fujiwara

Who else? I waited for months to get an opportunity to finally play a game as this glorious nutcase, because she's genuinely one of the most interesting and hilarious characters I've ever seen. Fujiwara is the secretary to Miyuki and Kaguya, and she has a habit of showing up out of nowhere and completely ruining whatever ridiculous convoluted gambit they're in the middle of. She's widely regarded as an idiot, but she's actually an accomplished pianist, the only person who was capable of befriending Kaguya, and a self-proclaimed Love Detective expert on relationships. She's the daughter of a politician and has her sights set on becoming Prime Minister one day, and she's legendary for challenging the student council to games that she can cheat her way to victory in. None of this particularly resembles how I chose to go about this game, but the reason I say it is because I first ran into Chika while browsing imgur, way before I had ever heard of this series. She shows up in a hell of a lot of random memes, and most people just know her as "the generic idiotic-looking anime meme chick." When I actually saw her show up in Love is War, I had already written her off as a generic cliched character that I'd hate. As I saw it, she had nothing to offer except stupidity and an unnecessarily large bust. But as that little blurb I posted earlier shows, I was absolutely wrong about that. Chika's hilarious, and I'd recommend the anime to anybody based on her ridiculousness alone.

In the same way, I think people tend to look at my gameplay a certain way, that it's all challenges and nothing else. And yes, just like Chika's ditziness and body shape, the challenge wins are undeniably part of the package. But that's not all that's there, and if you think that, you're missing out on a lot. My game was about strategy, it was about reconciling with enemies, it was about avenging my previous loss and it was about playing a character that I genuinely enjoy. There was a whole lot more going on than first meets the eye, for those who are willing to see it.

Achievements

~ Chika responds to Zen, Part II ~

To Chika:
    Hey you! It's really no surprise to any of us that you're in that chair right now, since you were a total challenge beast this season. Your arc was pretty much the opposite to your run as Asuna from the first one. Let's talk about both of your journeys, as her and as Chika. What is something you did as Asuna that you wish you applied this go around, and what did Chika do that you regret not implementing into your gameplay last time (besides go on an immunity run )?
    Poor Asuna.

I think that what Asuna did that Chika really didn't was that she was much more aggressive about her targets, and didn't back down from knifing them as hard as possible as fast as possible. Chika was a lot more willing to bide her time and ride the currents of the game, and saved up her votes to unleash hell if she needed to. Asuna basically used challenge wins as her primary strategy and votes as her second, and Chika flipped it around and went the opposite way. I think that a bit of Asuna's ferocity would've benefited me here, since I didn't have big showy moves to point to and say "I completely made that happen," but instead have a resume populated with a lot more sneaky suggestions and manipulations behind the scenes - which are equally awesome, but they lack a bit of the sexiness.

What Chika did that Asuna didn't do? Well, this isn't gonna sound great, but what Chika did that I wish Asuna had done was to not trust her allies implicitly. Asuna put herself in a position where she had almost no votes of her own and had to exclusively rely on others to make things happen. She trusted her group implicitly, and had no real leverage to make things happen if her group went their own way. That was a mistake, because her allies weren't willing to take Miss Fortune down when she was vulnerable. As a result, Asuna wound up losing control of the game and had absolutely no leverage other than challenge wins to get by on. Chika, on the other hand, trust her allies but was extremely cautious and squirreled away votes so that she'd be able to take charge if things started slipping away. If Asuna had had that much foresight, I think it would've been possible to take Fortune down and remove her allies' reason for living, thus opening the door for an endgame run.

Thanks for the question and the trip down memory lane! Good luck with your vote.

Achievements

Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by Estquer View Post
    I apologize for missing the final vote, but for what it's worth I also intended to vote for Chika. Congrats!!

Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiko
    Chika!

Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by uno
    I vote for Chika since Lola wasn’t bothered to answer any questions.

Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo
    Lola

Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by betinez
    CHIKA

WIN IT GIRL!

Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by FashionLover
    I vote for Lola to win.

Spoiler:  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    congrats to you both once again for making it to the end!

unfortunately, one of you couldn't make it to the finale due to extenuating circumstances, both from the site and from real life...and although it's completely understandable, i just can't overlook your opponent's performance with the jury in comparison to your opening statement alone. so i have to give my vote to chika.

Which means...
      Spoiler:  
    by a vote of
      Spoiler:  
    4-2
      Spoiler:  

Chika Fujiwara | Rob, congratulations you have been elected the new leader of the committee!

Your game play was pretty impressive. You managed to make it through the first 2 rounds without receiving any votes and then won literally every challenge for the remainder of the game. Within that time you made the right moves to get the right people out and keep the right ones in to get yourself into a position where you ended the game in victory. Congratulations, you really earned it.

Lola | Nyan, almost making it to the finale without receiving any votes despite not having immunity for the first 6 rounds was one of the most impressive things anyone managed this season. You played a great game, but sadly the site outages and real life obligations kept you from ending on a high note. Still, you played an amazing game and really earned your spot in the finale without a doubt.

Thank you all for being part of this game. Sadly it looks as though it will be one of my last and possibly my final non-reality based game here on the site. I want to thank you all for your continued support of me over the years. I love you all dearly.

Last edited by eagle2ch; Yesterday at 09:20 PM.

Congratulations to the winner!

Achievements

Chika: Yaaaay!

Thank you so much, jurors who voted for me! I really loved this series, and I've been having a really tough couple of days so this lifts my spirits really high. Ho, thank you so much for hosting this, and for all the work that you've put into this site and this community. I know things are tough right now, but honestly you are amazing and I know that this won't be the end of everything. Seasons change and it's never fun to say goodbye to anything that you've loved and put work into, but sometimes that's what has to happen for something new and great to come along.

Everyone else, thanks for making this game super fun and a blast to be a part of. You were all awesome in your own individual ways, and even though the site crashing made things difficult, we stuck it out and made it to the end. You all rock!

Achievements

I apologize for missing the final vote, but for what it's worth I also intended to vote for Chika. Congrats!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678