Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Centennial 2

2 for Rayne <3

now are the glory days 🌙 Phoenix's Avatar

Achievements

I like 4-panel doors tbh! Revolving doors, not so much.

1. Lola
    2. Rayne
    3. Chika
    4. Zen
    5. Niko

Achievements

Wow, everyone signed up so quick & for like the first time this season!

Achievements

^ Ho when the entire cast is active and do their tasks on time

Achievements

I apologize to Jesse, I had no idea I was going to be asked to do another challenge for this game. ):

Achievements

With 0 votes...
      Spoiler:  

You are safe

Which means by a vote of 30-0...
      Spoiler:  

Niko|betinez, I'm sorry but you are the next one leaving us again. It was sad it turned out this way, but I'm glad we got to see so much more of you the second time around. You are now the fifth member of our jury.

Achievements

This week's challenge will be a team challenge. You've been divided into duos based on your sign ups...

Spoiler:  

random.org really likes you guys together.

Achievements

This challenge is simply the best: a Math Square! Fill in the missing numbers using an image editing program. Use the numbers 1 through 9 to complete the equations. Each number is only used once. Each row is a math equation. Each column is a math equation. Remember that multiplication and division are performed before addition and subtraction. Upload the completed puzzle and PM it back to me. The duo that places the most numbers correctly combined in the least amount of time combined will win this challenge and safety. One member of the losing duo will be eliminated.

Good Luck!
    You have 24 hours.

Achievements

RESULTS

Spoiler:  
    Rayne
    -INCORRECT-

Spoiler:  
    Chika
    -10 MINUTES-

Spoiler:  
    Lola
    -8 MINUTES-

Spoiler:  
    Zen
    -1 MINUTE-

Which oddly means the winners are...
      Spoiler:  

Chika & Lola!

Congratulations, your scores have qualified you to move on to the next round of the competition. You will still participate in the vote, but neither of you are eligible to receive votes this round.

Achievements

With 0 votes...
      Spoiler:  
    No one is safe.

By a vote of 20-12...
      Spoiler:  

Rayne|FashionLover, I'm sorry but you are leaving us once again. I'm glad you got to continue on after your elimination but I'm sorry you couldn't make it all the way. You are now the sixth member of our jury.

Zen, that means you have survived this elimination and have made it to the final challenge.

Achievements

This challenge will test your knowledge of the order in which events happened this season. For each question you simply need to answer BEFORE or AFTER. Whoever manages to answer the most questions correctly in the least amount of time will win this challenge, safety and an automatic spot in the final 2. One of the other 2 contestants will be eliminated at the final vote of the season.

Good Luck!
    You have 24 hours.

Achievements

RESULTS

Spoiler:  
    Zen
    -9/10-

Which Chika & Lola. The final challenge winner is...
      Spoiler:  

Chika & Lola!

Congratulations, your scores have qualified you to move on to the finale to face the jury who will decide the winner of this season. You will still participate in the vote, but you are eligible to receive votes and cannot be voted out of the competition.

Lola
    - 5 MINUTES-

Chika
    -3 MINUTES-

Achievements

With 0 votes...
      Spoiler:  
    No one is safe

By a vote of 48-40...
      Spoiler:  

Zen|Phoenix, I'm sorry but you are the last one leaving us. I really thought you had a good chance to go all the way and I'm surprised anything stopped that from happening. Sadly this is the end for you again. You are the seventh and final member of the jury.

Lola, congratulations that means you have made it to the final 2. You and Chika will now face the jury who will decide the winner of this season.

Achievements

It's time for final 2 to send me their opening statements and for the jury to send me any questions they have for the finalists.

Good Luck!
    You have 18 hours.

now are the glory days 🌙 Phoenix's Avatar

Achievements

rip 2 me, i figured i was toast as soon as i flopped in the challenge </3 ig it just wasn't meant to be
    thanks again for the game as always ho, and the second chance! best of luck you two 💁

Achievements

-OPENING STATEMENTS-

Quote Originally Posted by Rob

~ Chika's Opening Statement ~

Ehehehe, hello, everyone!

Before we begin, I just want to say a huge thank you to Ho for hosting this game. I really loved the first Centennial and I've been itching to do a second one ever since it ended, so this was wonderful. <3 Thank you so much for the hard work you put into hosting this and keeping it all going. You rock!

Coming into this game, I really didn't expect to do very well. I'd been on a long string of getting targeted early, and the format makes it ridiculously easy to get carpet-bombed out of the game if even just one person really has a vendetta against you. So with that in mind, I mostly just wanted to enjoy the fun of being Chika Fujiwara. She's easily the most hilarious character in an anime that's full of amazing comedic antics, and I'd been waiting for a game to come along so I could finally get in a play as her, so I figured I'd just do my best and hope I could have a little bit of fun with her before I got toasted.

But then came the first round, where I saw a pretty decent shot of surviving the initial onslaught. I approached people I knew I could establish good rapport with and made mutually beneficial promises to try and get safety - only for my sleep-addled brain to completely miscount my votes and fail out of the first challenge. I didn't want to be the first boot, so I put my rear into gear and started trying to organize votes and keep my name out of people's mouths where I could. I made a point of making nonaggression pacts with people like Ripple and Katsuragi, and working my relationships with people like Lola and Zen to make things happen.

The Niko vote was a bit of a surprise. Caio's name did come up as a target, but I pushed for less active people to go home - figuring that my best chance of survival lay in winning challenges - which I couldn't do if I got saddled with someone who was getting strikes. Most people told me to my face that they agreed, but there were sneaky shenanigans afoot! It didn't take long to spot the pattern that was going on with the eliminations. Niko and Katsuragi, two of the biggest competition beasts in the community, were targeted right off the bat. With two of my allies going out back to back like that, I definitely got the sense that there were some sneaky factors at play.

It hadn't escaped people's notice that Ripple had been throwing Niko's name out at first, and people figured with her immune that it might be possible to weaken her support based by taking out Jesse, figuring that there was a chance he was aligned with her. I was aligned with Ripple and didn't necessarily want her gone, but I didn't know how close she was to me, so I went along with the plan - figuring that either Jesse and Ripple weren't together and I wouldn't have done anything wrong, or they were together and I'd be forcing her to stick closer to me.

Niko's return, coupled with the fact that Ripple finally lost a challenge, put her squarely in the crosshairs. I didn't particularly want Ripple gone, but I had picked up on the trend of people gunning for more visible threats, and I didn't want to push my own agenda too hard and draw a bigger target on my back. I did throw a votes elsewhere in a token attempt to save her, but she went home all the same. From there, I put together a bit of a sneaky gambit. While I continued talking strategy with others, from that point on I didn't cast a single vote until the final three. I had 70 votes left going into the final rounds, which would hopefully have been enough to protect me against a tactical strike like the ones that took out big names early on. I figured that people would mostly be confused about the vote totals and since I'd been very open about casting votes in the starting rounds people wouldn't think I had very many left, and I stayed active in strategy discussions and made sure that I'd be covered in case I lost, forging nonaggression deals with people like Rayne and ensuring that they would see me as a useful number as things got a bit tighter. It all worked out pretty well, I think!

I also focused my efforts on targeting people like May, figuring that it'd be better in the long run to ditch people who weren't doing challenges so that I would have better odds of staying safe via challenges. That didn't always pan out, but I got pretty lucky with a lot of the team selections and was able to make it to the end.

When it came to the final round, I was hearing lots of different numbers from both Zen and Lola, and they'd both been pretty loyal to me (even if I low-key suspected them of being in cahoots for quite some time) so I opted to just split my remaining 70 votes between the two of them and let them battle it out, figuring that they'd know right away if one of them had been lying to the other about how many they had.

So, that's my game in a nutshell. I made connections with several people to keep my name out of the line of fire, and I helped control the flow of things without actually getting my hands dirty. I didn't always have complete control, like the rounds that Zen and Niko went home, but I did my best to play a clean game and work the format to my advantage while keeping my cards close to my vest.

All in all, it's been a very fun game and I've enjoyed playing it with all of you, and I hope that I can answer your questions well and hopefully earn your votes tonight! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan
    Before explaining why I should be the second winner of Centennial, I first want to say thank you to eagle2ch for the wonderful game and congratulate Chika/Rob on making it to the final two! I'm very happy that I made it to the end with you. In addition to saying those two things, I want to thank all of my allies who made me getting to this point possible -- this is the first reality-based game from my hiatus ~4 months ago where I actually have a chance at winning, so that's obviously exciting!

Anyway, I'm going to cut right to the main reason why I think I deserve to win the title of Centennial:
    I went the most consecutive rounds in this game not being voted for when I could have been.

Rounds 1 through 6 I could have been voted for, but I wasn't. I feel like the basis for this is the fact I kept in touch closely with those I was allied with throughout the game. I think I talked to everyone on the jury at some point, except for Jesse/Chiko and Katsuragi/Estquer. Knowing that one person could cause my detriment in this game, I knew that being on good terms with essentially everyone was imperative to making it far in this game, so I tried to have as much contact with each of you.

Noting that Niko/betinez and Katsuragi/Estquer were the first two eliminated from this game, another huge tactic of mine was making sure that there was at least one bigger target or threat in the game than me at all times (to essentially allow me to float UTR). I was very concerned that I would be the third/fourth/fifth/sixth person to go for the same reasons Niko/betinez and Katsuragi/Estquer were the first two out (i.e., for being a threat), but for some odd reason (to me, at least), I never received any votes during those rounds despite being eligible to receive votes.

The only time when I did receive votes was round 10 (the final three round), where either Zen or I could have been eliminated. Luckily, I managed to have saved up some votes throughout the competition, and my votes + ~half of Chika's votes kept me alive over Zen's votes + ~half of Chika's votes.

So, that's the basis of my gameplay really. I worked consistently and had tight communication with numerous people in this game in order to save myself the first six rounds. The foundations of these relationships early-on helped me in the end-game as well, where the entire final five consisted of all individuals I was closely allied with. These relationships, coupled with my performances in the challenges from rounds seven to nine, are the reasons for why I am sitting in this final two. Ultimately, I feel like I played a very strong and well-rounded game. I was social but I also did fairly well in the challenges throughout this season.

And yeah -- that's pretty much all I have to say. I look forward to answering your guys' jury questions, and good luck to Chika/Rob!

Thank you.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Estquer
    Jury Statement

Hello! Congratulations to the two of you for making the finale. I haven't been online much to follow this game closely after my elimination, so I pose some fairly generic questions here in order to gather relevant information for me to make a decision. Sorry if these aren't too interesting for you.

[1] What would you say is a strategic necessity distinctive to this particular game format? Did you contribute any innovative perspectives with respect to the task of budgeting out your finite allocation of votes?

[2] What single aspect of your gameplay distinguishes you most clearly from your opponent? In other words, what compelling quality did your gameplay possess that most sets you apart from the other finalist?

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiko
    Wang Lin is was a #1 world badminton player. Who ended her career?
    a. Wang Shixian
    b. Maria Febe
    c. Wang Xin
    d. Tine Baun

~silence~

Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo
    Good luck, finalists uwu

Quote Originally Posted by betinez
    i don’t have any questions, just tell me i’m pretty

~silence~

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Well look who we have here! Two pretty ladies in the final two. Congratulations for making it to the end! If it couldn't be me who gets to lead the committee, I'm very glad it's between you both.

I got three questions to ask to help me with my vote: one that's serious, one more fun, and one that's personal to either of you. Let's do this!

1. The activity of the site is at an all-time low, as we all know, and these games have really been suffering because of it, including this one--not just casting-wise but also strategically. Regardless, the show must go on, and it has, especially for you two. So in spite of these shortcomings, what move did you make outside of winning challenges that you would say was pivotal to you sitting here right now, and why?
    2. Compare each juror you've interacted with in this game to a character from the series of your representative, and provide a brief explanation as to why you chose that particular character for them. Feel free to do everybody on the jury, if you'd like!

To Chika:
    Hey you! It's really no surprise to any of us that you're in that chair right now, since you were a total challenge beast this season. Your arc was pretty much the opposite to your run as Asuna from the first one. Let's talk about both of your journeys, as her and as Chika. What is something you did as Asuna that you wish you applied this go around, and what did Chika do that you regret not implementing into your gameplay last time (besides go on an immunity run )?

To Lola:
    Lola, I'm quite impressed to see you here! You were vulnerable for most of the season, and you did tell me before that you didn't have many votes left as the endgame was approaching.
    Your opponent is coming into this with something that makes her resume pop, which is her challenge prowess. What about your game would you say does the same for your own? How does it render your resume just as notable?

That's all I gotta say. I can't wait to hear from you, and may the best woman win~

The finalists now have 24 hours from the time the site starts working properly to respond to the jury. After that voting will begin.
    Good Luck!

Achievements

~ Chika responds to Katsuragi ~

Jury Statement

Hello! Congratulations to the two of you for making the finale. I haven't been online much to follow this game closely after my elimination, so I pose some fairly generic questions here in order to gather relevant information for me to make a decision. Sorry if these aren't too interesting for you.

[1] What would you say is a strategic necessity distinctive to this particular game format? Did you contribute any innovative perspectives with respect to the task of budgeting out your finite allocation of votes?

[2] What single aspect of your gameplay distinguishes you most clearly from your opponent? In other words, what compelling quality did your gameplay possess that most sets you apart from the other finalist?

Good luck!
    Hiya, Katsuragi!

[1] I think that the strategic necessity that's particular to this format is the conservation of votes relative to other players. There are a wide variety of ways that this can be done - ranging from simply abstaining in the hopes of saving votes until they're needed, or incrimentally spending them to try and control the shape of the game in the beginning so that later votes will work out in one's favor. That being said, it's actually pretty possible to pull the exact opposite strategy - in the first Centennial, I pioneered the concept of a tactical strike, blowing upwards of 80 votes in the first round to take out a strong rival. I blew all of my votes within the first few rounds, and was able to leverage my helplessness as a reason why it made more sense to eliminate other players who'd constitute more of a threat later on. So, having innovated that strategy, this time around I went for a more streamlined version of the same gambit - losing a few obvious votes early on so that my allies would be easily convinced that I was someone who wouldn't stockpile votes, then simply abstaining and smuggling 70 votes into the endgame. I saw what they'd done to you and Niko, among others, and that made it fairly easy to guess that I'd be subject to the same treatment as soon as I was vulnerable, so I was always planning to give any aggressors a 70-vote sledgehammer to save my bacon.

[2] I'm going to gloss over the fact that I didn't receive a single vote at any point in the game, and instead say that my gameplay is compelling because of the context in which it occurred. As I mentioned, I pioneered the concept of a single, massive vote strike against a threat in the first round. Specifically, I did it to Andrei. He was immune in the first two rounds, and there was absolutely nothing stopping him from doing the same thing to me that I'd done to him - and I would absolutely have deserved it, too. I was put in an extremely vulnerable position, and I had to apologize and throw myself on Andrei's goodwill to avoid the consequences of my previous nastiness. I wouldn't have been shocked to go home in either of the first two rounds, but instead of panicking and blowing my votes, I doubled down on my social game and managed to make it through those vulnerable rounds unscathed. I think that this sets me apart from my opponent because nobody had any reason to actively target them, whereas I had tons of previous grudges against me that I needed to overcome if I didn't want to be gunned down.

I hope this helps give a bit more of a window into my gameplay, but if there's anything that's not clear or you'd like expansion on, please let me know! <3
    Last edited by Rob; 09-25-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast