Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragula Season 3

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

I have to say I still prefer this show to RPDR.

I just love the drive/passion and drama.

Achievements

GOD, last episode was ICONIC.

This show!

Achievements

Was ep4 posted yet???

edit: does anyone have a link to ep4 since amazon prime sucks ass?
    Last edited by Nyan; 09-17-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Putting random thoughts on the last three episodes in spoilers for those who haven't seen them/can't find them yet. If I knew how to grab from Prime for you guys I would. I'm hoping that this will be a onetime thing honestly cause the bigger budget in no way makes up for the limited audience and Amazon does not know how to market Reality TV at all. They just seem to be haphazardly releasing the episodes without any indication of when the next will be up. Also I don't see it advertised on their page at all.

Spoiler:  

-Was disappointing seeing Yovska go so soon. Don't have much more to say on episode 3 since it's been a week and I don't remember much of it. Did love the Abhora tattoo they gave her though haha.
    -Priscilla walking in with the Abhora sweater I own just made me love her even more. I think you can see a trend in who my favorite Dragula queen is
    -I love Dollya's confessionals. She seems snarky without being too mean spirited and I appreciate whenever she brings us back to reality after Hollow Eve's SJW tirades.
    -I was glad Maddelynn stayed over Maxi even after her outburst cause I felt for her in that moment. She doesn't seem sour so much as having everything stacked against her at once when it didn't really make sense just got her confused and frustrated. And I thought she did well in the extermination.
    -This Season is at times bit too much of a Chicken Soup for the Drag Queen soul for me, ala the latest seasons of RPDR. I don't really like being spoonfed sentiment even if it is heartfelt.
    -Louisianna is kinda utr but she's a joy. She reminds me of Disasterina in a lot of ways edit wise even though their personalities and drag are completely different.
    -I really like Landon's presence on this show. He seems very talented but composed and chill. I hope we get more Kings in the future cause it adds a nice dynamic.
    -So exciting to see Priscilla finally win a challenge because she's one of those queens I'm worried will leave each week. She deserved it cause her outfit was great and she was the only one who really gave trash in the interview with Disasterina.
    -I can appreciate Hollow Eve's art but I really wish they would have just relaxed and brought the need to explain each statement down a peg. Of course saying that just means someone will call me out for my privilege, but I don't really think the trash challenge called for the kind of aggressive proclamation of feminism. It's just really cringey to me and I think there are ways to make statements like that more subtly (like Manila's pad gown). Also they're on a show where they're being judged for their looks. Their makeup was beautiful but the outfit was clearly not on par compared to the others and saying that everything is perfect and acting like it's offensive that judges would even critique it is not really how competitions work. I feel like Hollow had more to show but entertainment wise they were too much of an energy drain for me to want them to stay longer.
    -Seems pretty obvious now that the winner is either Landon or Evah. It's still up in the air I guess but I don't see any of the remaining contestants really picking up to compete with their ability/polish. I'm still rooting for Priscilla/Dollya though.

I got to meet Dollya and Maddelynn at Drag Con and they both were nice. Dollya was late which got Maddelynn frustrated cause people were asking for her (at least I was anyway haha) I was surprised that they both were around my height in heels cause I'm pretty short, I always just assume Drag Queens will be a lot taller than me.

Achievements

Episode 5 got leaked.

There seem to be some problems with Boulets and AMAZON.

Fat, Fem(ish) & Caucasian Daniota's Avatar
    ^It wasn't really leaked, it was just released too early. It was on Amazon the day after episode 4.

It was a mistake to put Dragula on Amazon Prime, point black period.

On that note Thank God Hollow Eve is out. She's way too old to be so histrionic and "look-at-me I'm so non-conformist and woke". Shame cause I thought she'd bring a lot to the competition, I just didn't think it'd be her mouth (poor roach). :I

Watch a little bit of this and I knew i'd hate Hollow Eve from the start. I'm glad Landon is there to represent women of the LGBT community because contrary to Hollow, she's doing it perfectly. Hollow is the type of person that make gay people and trans people look stupid, she has nothing but her identity as a "queer person" as a personality. One day she's NB then another day she's there to represent women like choose your side sis.

Spoiler:  

Fat, Fem(ish) & Caucasian Daniota's Avatar
    Honestly, I'm pretty pissed about the most recent extermination. **** the big picture, Carl.

This episode wasn't super great to me. I liked the challenge but the only one who sold it to me fully was Landon, and that was a well deserved win. Even though I thought a Drag King would be a bit boring he's definitely sold me on it. I think overall he's given the most consistently good looks this season and he just seems very down-to-earth in a way that's refreshing.

I get that Dragula is all about embracing queer identity but I'm still not into the Drag Race style inspirational confessions this season. I think their stories are important but idk it just kinda pulls away from the monster image of the show for me. I fast forwarded through a lot of the episode because it was just so been there done that given how every season of Drag Race has these moments interspersed throughout.

Elimination was good to me. I would've been really upset to see Priscilla go and Madd's concept was just very basic to me compared to the others. Priscilla's presentation was messy and I agree with her being in the bottom but she had much more of an actual story behind her look which I think is necessary to Dragula.

Amazon Prime is a mess. I had to download the episode on iTunes because I didn't want to have to wait for them to upload it. Guess I feel good for giving them more money (especially given the rumor that the tour was cancelled for the lack of audience) but having it on a private streaming platform doesn't really seem worth it to me considering that the bigger budget hasn't really made the show any better imo.

On Hollow, I definitely did find them annoying at times but I do feel bad being so harsh about the outburst last week because the reason they were so upset was that they could barely put together their costume since they weren't allowed to show any sort of blood (real or fake) on the tampons/pads cause apparently on American TV you aren't allowed to do that because TPTB see it as nasty. For that same reason Manila couldn't give us her much better padding look from the last season of All-Stars. I agree with Hollow that it's wrong to shame female bodied people for that, even if having actual period blood might've been seen as too gross to some (for me it's fine).

I honestly gave up on this season, between Amazon ****ing up (I couldn't even stream the latedt leaked episode cause it became unavailable -_-), the choppy editing, and some of the sappy moments making me roll me eyes, I just lost interest. Shame cause the cast is super talented and aside from Hollow and sometimes Dollya, I find them to be likeable; but by the time last season I cared more about the T4 of S2 compared to this T4. I felt like S2 was just more raw, this season just feels contrived and...borderline mainstream.

Achievements

STUPID elimination

Achievements

Justified elimination as shocking as it was.

She was the worst this week.

Quite disappointed with the show recently. It's nice to see the show having more budget thus have more professional feel and a bigger platform but everything else was sacrificed in lieu of that. Terrible uploading schedules, more forced drama, more kumbaya stuff (I mean I love some touching stories but it feels very oversaturated ala S9 RPDR), more disappointing looks (but I can't blame the contestants for that when they had like 1-2 days to prepare compared to last season's 1-week deadline, though for such a short amount of time there still some nice looks). I also feel the contestants' nerve this season extremely low. I mean a meltdown every week, quitting, fainting... I know they're also humans so these moments are unavoidable but it's annoying to see that every week.

As for the recent elimination, it was her time to go though I don't understand it when she did the best in the extermination (and that's not sth to take lightly of when it involves physical health). But her run was definitely underwhelming for an early fan-fave and her aesthetics really pales compares to others.

Top 4 ranking
    1. Landon - Obvious choice but he is the most consistent one and I love how laidback and focused he is but that could be downfall when others are more memorable in terms of personality.
    2. Priscilla - I appreciate her so much for doing the most out of everyone in terms of filth and horror. Her confessionals are gold ("This is some bullshit" while casually smoking is a mood). She definitely let her emotion cloud her judgement this week because it's basically Laganja/NBB situation again
    3. Dollya - Such a polarizing person and I love that. One time I can't stand her hypocritical ass and one time I will live for her snarky comments. She definitely served some good looks but it's still very saccharine and not pushed hard enough in terms of filth and horror. I need to see her doing extermination soon.
    4. Louisianna - Lovely queen and definitely exceeds my expectation but I'm still underwhelmed. Apart from her neon trash couture, none of her looks trully enthralls me.

If anyone wants a link to HQ episodes 1-7, PM me.

I found Evah to be overly calculated and unrelatable so while I was surprised by her elimination, I'm certainly okay with it.

I've been rooting for Landon this whole time and I really hope he takes the crown.

Hollow should've outlasted Maddelynn. Yovska should've lasted longer.

Christie • Cliff • David • Kathryn • Kemi • Nicole • Ovi • Sam • Tommy •

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123