Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RPDR AS5 Spoilers and Speculations Thread

Achievements

India apparently has serious drama with Derrick and Nebraska (his boyfriend). Vegas girls are known to be catty, so I wouldn't be surprised if India was there to ensure a storyline/drama from the get go. The fact that she's been performing in drag since she was 10(?) is an interesting storyline that can be explored.

Coming

there's already a tea on episodes 1 and 2 : what the girls did on the talent show idk if we should believe this because of how early it is but it kinda make sense!

Also, calling her a wasted space or saying her casting is “random” is actually discrediting her drag. That’s basically saying she’s not good enough when in all actuality she’s one of the better performers out of this cast (Not saying you said that, but I’ve definitely been seeing people say that about her already).
    I get where your coming from, but what I meant by her casting as random isn't really due to her drag but the production who runs the show. I didn't think the current producers even considered India or other queens like Mayhem or Derrick due to their tv presence (Mayhem) or established style of drag (Derrick). Again if India can bring something new from her previous run, then she can be quite a contender and a true redemption in the eyes of the current fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by mmichal View Post
    I get where your coming from, but what I meant by her casting as random isn't really due to her drag but the production who runs the show. I didn't think the current producers even considered India or other queens like Mayhem or Derrick due to their tv presence (Mayhem) or established style of drag (Derrick). Again if India can bring something new from her previous run, then she can be quite a contender and a true redemption in the eyes of the current fandom.
    Well when you put it like that that’s very true. Production does ignore older season queens unless they’ve already been working with WOW (Latrice, Manila & Morgan for example). I just wish they did more castings like India so it could be more normal rather than queens like her automatically being looked at as the underdog.

Given that the show is on VH1, it’s obvious they cast personalities more than anything else but this cast seems to have more wildcards that didn’t really have chance to develop a character on their original seasons. If they keep casting queens like Honey Mahogany, Dax & even Kelly Mantle (who definitely showed TV promise on S6) we could get some characters we never got before. Another interesting cast would be DiDa. To me, she was the ultimate filler queen (making it to top 5 with literally no storyline whatsoever). If they casted DiDa, they could make her into any character they want.
    Last edited by Wholahay1234; 06-14-2019 at 10:29 PM.

this show only has 11 seasons and they are already doing their 5th All star season ......I mean 5

and you bitches are surprised that they bring back irrelevant borewhores back ?

I think Blair might be an early out, because she had a post on Instagram today.

shes my early out too in my fantasy.. alot of ppl already hate that she might be the 1st one to go....and not Mariah or India but yea its still too early i think..

Hasn’t there been a bunch of ppl wanting Mariah on AS since before AS3??? I know I was one of them. I would much rather see more of her than Blair. Blair’s beautiful, but out of the two Mariah has way more potential for good TV moments.

Is there any tea on how they did for the talent show?? & What’s the tea on episode 2?

a reliable T spiller (ny4fifth) has said that the format is different from the previous seasons...

is this the end of lipsync for your legacy?

Juju is the only one from this cast to not loose a lipsynch. Something tells me that will continue all the way to the finale. Alexis is going to be her rival for lipsynch assisan - I'm here for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8 View Post
    Juju is the only one from this cast to not loose a lipsynch. Something tells me that will continue all the way to the finale. Alexis is going to be her rival for lipsynch assisan - I'm here for that.
    Agree, but I wouldn’t count Shea, Mayhem & India out just yet. The three of them are amazing performers & I think Shea learned, better than anyone else, about holding back in a lip sync the hard way. I doubt she’s gonna make the same mistake this time around.

Achievements

If it is true that India is back I am very excited to see more of her drag on the platform as she was an early out. Can’t wait for this season.

#RPDR9 Yvie Oddly | Brooke Lynn Hytes | Plastique Tiara | Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

#iServeFace

Achievements

Are we positive Kameron isn’t on? Cuz sis has not been active on Instagram or Twitter and she’s usually very active, especially on Instagram

Since early on, we heard Shea, Cracker, and Kameron as prospective AS5 contestants, then Kameron was removed from that list and more queens are being put on for being “socially inactive” when she literally is too..

So excited about Jujubee. I can see Blair being scripted as early boot because she doesn't provide as much drama.

I wish Mimi Imfurst was invited back along with India for a lip sync rematch.

New format tea:

-One challenge winner.
    -Invites a past lipsync assasin queen outside the cast.
    -Past lipsync assasin vs winner Queen
    -Safe queens will vote who they think should go home ala Survivor. Also theres untucked this season of AS
    -If winner queen wins she decides who to sent home
    -If the past lipsync assasin queen wins the safe queens votes determines who goes home.

What do you think of this format?

Achievements

That is...an interesting format. I cant wait to see it play out.

The format seems a bit pointless. Why even try to win the lip-sync if the entire cast can take the heat instead. I'd rather they just do a lip-sync for your life again in All-Stars seasons just so the queens have something to fight for. The power to eliminate someone isn't tempting enough, most of the times it ends up in a boring lip-sync where both queens try to throw it so they don't have to ruffle feathers. And when someone decides to go for it, she gets death threats.

One thing they can do to fix that is if the winning queen doesn’t win the lip sync she doesn’t get the $10,000 or might even do $20,000 this season.

Tbh I really hope this is true! It’s most likely going to rob a couple queens I’m sure but the winning aspect is pretty interesting. I just hope it doesn’t ruin the chances for some lip sync assassins to come back for future seasons. Still hoping for TKB & DiDa some day...

Having just one winner will definitely make for more solid stats unless, again, this new survivor twist screws some queens over.

It’ll also be interesting to see how alliances are made with this twist. Before this, I was thinking queens like Mayhem & Mariah would easily be an alliance since they’re really good friends. If this voting twist is true then they’ll need more than just each other and they each have two other queens on their original seasons.

This could also put Ongina, Juju, Derrick & Shea at disadvantage since they’re all the only queens from their seasons. The voting twist could also be why there’s the old school vs new school theme. There’s so many ways this could play out.
    Last edited by Wholahay1234; 06-16-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast