Thread: Runway Revolution 17

Voted

Time goes by fast​.
    Look at the flowers​ go.

Achievements

v

Achievements

Voted

☆ let's make a circle, get that, can I get an encore?

Achievements

voted
    so you can make them yours.

Achievements

any last votes?

voted

Achievements

voted

Spoiler:  

Achievements

This week's judges are...
      Spoiler:  
    Jeremy Scott | eagle2ch
    Satan | Estquer
    Ellen Pompeo | VanityEgo
    Troye Sivan | Filler
    Gia Gunn | Phoenix

Jeremy: This is too formal, too light in color, and overall just too much for what I think this theme was calling for. The detail on the shoulder is messy and unnecessary. I think as part of a wedding I wouldn't be sure who was the bride if there were several women walking around in this dress.
    Satan: I’m not in love with this silvery-striped print. You took a bit of a risk though and it’s more memorable than some of the others on offer this round.
    Ellen: I believe you did the best job of coming up with an original concept while staying in the lane of bridesmaid couture. I quite like the lines going through the dress. I probably would've gone with a different shoe, but that's a minor detail.
    Troye: Again the slit is cut way too high in the front for my liking but this doesn't look as slutty as the other one. I also am very happy with how you used the fabric to create some sort of cool optical illusion in the middle with how all the lining converge at one point. The flower detail on the shoulder is the perfect size and this is perfectly serviceable.
    Gia: Another color close to white, and more flowers! The creativity is truly off the charts, like...I'm gagged.

7.0 | 7.9 | 9.8 | 8.5 | 7.5

Jeremy: Similarly to Odin I like this but I'm not sure about it for the theme. Unfortunately, I don't like it nearly as much as his, but I think it's cute and could possibly work with the right wedding theme. The base color is a bit drab and really mutes the flowers in a way that's kind of unfortunate. Overall I think this was a bit of a miss.
    Satan: This one isn’t right for this challenge. It looks like it could be an actual wedding dress because it’s too white and the floral decorations are too ornate. I like this but I think it misses the assignment.
    Ellen: Again, I'm finding issues with the flower placement. It registers as unnatural and disconcerting rather than aesthetically pleasing.
    Troye: This is sheer but this is not slutty which I think some of your competitors lost their way on. Normally I would have rolled my eyes at that much flower detailing but I just envision this to be at a hippie, vegan, environmentalist, whimsical, quirky wedding and I'm sold. It's very nymph-like and gives me a story. I'm a fan.
    Gia: This is so creative! I like how you used a color close to white and put flowers all over it. You are really elevating the art of drag...I mean, fashion design.

7.7 | 7.1 | 6.8 | 9.1 | 7.4

Jeremy: I love this more and more each time I look at it. Though the tie at the top could be done a little differently, I think this is a great dress and would make a great effect on a series of bridesmaids. I'm also very happy that you chose this length, I think you've done a wonderful job.
    Satan: This is kind of fun! For a more sexy/flirty bridesmaid, but still luxe enough to get away with it.
    Ellen: I'm getting a narrative from this where a bridesmaid was initially supposed to wear C's look, but decided to tweak it for increased sex appeal. She's getting laid at that wedding.
    Troye: Woo hoochie mama. I am obsessed about the layering of the fabric and I think the color and material is just divine for this challenge but that slit up front is cut way too high up. It veers into fetishy Cinderella. If the slit was a little more tame then this would get stellar marks but as it stands, I gotta dock points off it for being too pin-up.
    Gia: Oh, how cute! I, too, am a fan of the 1950s, but I do find it funny how your dress is in color while that other one was in black and white.

9.7 | 8.4 | 9.0 | 7.7 | 9.5

Jeremy: This dress is beautiful and no one can say otherwise. However, this would most certainly upstage most brides and there are a lot of elements to it that make it feel more like a red carpet gown than something a group of bridesmaids would be wearing. Still, I can't deny that this is one of the prettiest things on the runway today.
    Satan: The amount of sheer is a bit too much of a showstopper. You’d probably overshadow the bride in this. I do like it, but I think it’s doing too much.
    Ellen: I, for one, would love to get married at a whore house, and that's what I'd have my bridesmaids wear, but I don't know that most women would be comfortable with that choice.
    Troye: I feel like this is the wrong dress for this challenge. I imagine the sheer bottom part of it is not something a bride would want her bridesmaids to wear. It's just too sexy. It's beautifully made but you missed the mark of the theme.
    Gia: So now we're going from land to water in this look! The skirt reminds me of a jellyfish I'd see in the ocean, and I can also see all of your legs, which is not very classy for a wedding. You might have stung yourself dead by going with this. I don't like messy queens.

8.8 | 8.1 | 7.4 | 7.0 | 6.7

Jeremy: Now I know simple was part of the task, but there really isn't much here for me to critique. It's a nice dress, but what little detail there is really isn't the best in comparison to the others and overall this one just isn't that memorable.
    Satan: A little too basic. The color is nice, but that’s about all the impact it has.
    Ellen: There's something very conservative about this lavender colour that doesn't quite honour the neckline you went for, but works very well with that flower on your model's shoulder. The inconsistency bothers me.
    Troye: Meh. Basic. Inoffensive. Next.
    Gia: I just want to say that I'm really sorry for your model's shoulder pain, and I hope it clears up real soon! Unfortunately for you, all those...things...on the arms failed to make the gown look anymore beautiful than it already was. Yikes!

7.9 | 7.4 | 7.2 | 6.9 | 7.5

Jeremy: Honestly even though I don't love the color, I have to admit this is the most perfect example of a bridesmaid dress made in a way that's both interesting and visually appealing. I think you pretty much nailed it here.
    Satan: While I don’t *hate* this, I think both the color and texture are sending this in a dowdy direction.
    Ellen: This dress is an accusation of fungal bacteria. I find that colour disrespectful to the eye, and those ruffles irreverent to any aesthetic consideration. The belt does not offend me, I actually quite like it, but it's not enough to save this.
    Troye: I can't think of too many brides that would want that... interesting middle ground of moss and mustard as a color motif for their wedding. I don't think the rough, opened-up cushion aesthetic you've got going on would be popular either. There are a lot of good design elements here but I don't think they necessarily go together well.
    Gia: I, too, would wear rags covered in mustard and Lays potato chips to my best friend's wedding, just in case she's not living for any of the proper catering. That's what I call truly looking out for your sister right there.

9.9 | 7.6 | 5.0 | 6.9 | 7.4

Jeremy: There are elements of this that I like and some that I'm not in love with. I think as a whole it works and it's one of the more visually interesting looks on the runway today, but looking more at the details in the chest and waist area it6 feels a little unfinished and awkward.
    Satan: Congratulations, this looks both too bridal and too matronly. This is why people hate bridal gowns.
    Ellen: So this dress would be chosen by a bride with good intentions but questionable taste. The tulle isn't necessarily tasteful, but that lace-y floral print concept definitely needs to either extend further up or just go completely.
    Troye: This perfectly balances being simple enough so as to not outshine the bride while still having enough visual pow to hold your interest. I never expected pale lilac and silver to go together extremely well but you managed to make a perfectly ethereal dress that won't leave the bride in the dust.
    Gia: I see that she's an understated kind of girl, except she's got these white vines growing on the skirt. You are lucky that there's no trace of this color on the dress itself, otherwise I would be reading you to filth! Also, what is with all these plants and flowers to decorate these dresses? Sweetie, if I were you, I'd rip a page out of Farrah Moan's book if I really wanted to achieve unoriginality.

8.8 | 6.8 | 8.4 | 9.2 | 9.0

Jeremy: She looks young and flirty, but overall this is a weird one for a wedding. I think she looks more like she's going to an upscale homecoming with like a retro-futuristic disco theme. This is just all over the place and doesn't really make sense to me at all.
    Satan: I don’t know so much about weddings, but I throw a mean bacchanal. You should bring this dress as kindling for our bonfire.
    Ellen: I rhymes with why. Why is she wearing ugly shorts under this? Why did you construct this tulle nightmare? Why is she looking so unsexy? Yikes.
    Troye: Choices... Uh, that cone thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. The cut and length look a bit too junior and the detailing is a little juvenile and barebones at the same time. There's nothing elegant about this. I'm sorry.
    Gia: YOU LADYBOI? YOU LADYBOI.

7.3 | 6.9 | 6.0 | 5.8 | 7.0

Jeremy: I'm torn because this dress is amazing, but it was clearly stated that you not use white. I think this dress is wonderful, but I'm not sure a wedding is the most appropriate place for it. I don't really know what to do here because this is one of my favorite looks on the runway but I'm not exactly sure about it for this specific theme.
    Satan: I love this! I’m not sure if you’ll get deducted for having white, but I think you used it in a way that clearly differentiates it from a bridal gown. This is my favorite look this round and it’s not close.
    Ellen: I love the dress from the waist up, but unfortunately, that part doesn't read bridesmaid-y, and represents less than half of the garment. The length of that skirt strikes me as unreasonable, and ruins the beautiful ombré effect you were going for.
    Troye: I love the idea of black and white for a wedding. It could go very goth and gloomy really easily but you managed to make it soft and classy with the rouching and tailoring you did. The bodice is impeccably made and the skirt is just the right amount of bounciness that I love. I'm not a big fan of that fabric scrap-looking detail on the front but other than that, great job.
    Gia: This is so cute...for your daughter to wear to her prom night in 2011. I like ombres, but not this kind. Am I using that word right?

8.4 | 9.8 | 7.5 | 9.0 |7.3

Jeremy: While I can certainly see how someone could have an issue with this, I don't at all feel like it's ugly or worthy of having one of the worst scores of the week. I feel like it's simple and elegant and would look really interesting as part of a bridal party.
    Satan: This is pretty simple and elegant. I like the compromise with being covered but showing her arms. I also think the color is effective.
    Ellen: This accomplishes what a bridesmaid dress should: convey elegance while erasing any hint of sexiness for its wearer. The silhouette is flattering, but that neckline is a message.
    Troye: Well this is exactly what I picture in my head when the term ugly bridesmaid dress is said to me. It's just way too blocky and cuts her off at the most unfortunate of places. The detailing on the bottom looks like they were crafting beads hot glued on. Yeesh.
    Gia: So she is giving me this streamlined, clean-cut, polished diamond, circumcised, fantasy. I think it could be a bit too formal, but it is very glamorous. That is all I have to say.

8.4 | 8.7 | 9.6 | 6.1 | 9.2

Jeremy: I'm sorry but this looks like a giant towel or a curtain wrapped and pinned in a couple places to make a dress and call it a day. There's really nothing here that I like besides maybe the color and I would not want this anywhere near my wedding.
    Satan: I like this one! The color is rich and it has some interesting draping without looking dowdy.
    Ellen: I'm not a fan of this. It looks like you draped a few towels around your model and called it a day... yet somehow, there are a few more offensive looks this week.
    Troye: Whereas some of the others made their layering of the fabric their highlight and succeeded very well, your model just looks like she grabbed a sheet off the closet because she was late and wrapped it around herself a couple of times to have a makeshift dress. It's just not very streamlined and attractive to look at. Beautiful color but that's it. Your model even looks like she's struggling just to hold it up.
    Gia: She seems like she woke up late for the big day, and spent 20 minutes making sure her blanket was wrapped around her body real good! I think Pearl and her Hello Kitty couture would like a word.

6.9 | 9.1 | 7.1 | 5.8 | 6.6

Chi-Chi | Oh gawd I forgot to vote for myself
    Quesolove making his solo debut on 3/3/2019 ♥

Achievements

The 3 of you that did the best this week were
      Spoiler:  

Chrissy, Matilda & Scarlett
    One of you has outperformed the rest.
    That designer is...
      Spoiler:  

Congratulations Chrissy, you are the winner of this challenge! You have earned immunity for next round!

The 3 of you that did the worst this week were
      Spoiler:  

Jewel, Marriott & Minori
    One of you is leaving us tonight...
      Spoiler:  

Minori | drandd, I'm sorry you are out. You've had a really interesting perspective for these few tasks and I'm sad we won't get to see how you interpret future ones.

Last edited by eagle2ch; 03-27-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Achievements

W E E K 5

Inspired by...Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana is an Italian luxury fashion house founded in 1985 in Legnano by Italian designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. This week I wanted the designers to take inspiration from the Italian brand to create your looks for the runway.

Please vote by clicking the link here.
    Please also make sure to post in the thread that you have voted.
    Do not ask for votes.
    Do not reveal which design is yours to anyone until results are posted.
    Voting will be open for ~24 hours.

Achievements

V

RPDR 11 : Vanjie | Yvie | Nina | A'keria

V

Voted
    Quesolove making his solo debut on 3/3/2019 ♥

Achievements

voted

Voted

Time goes by fast​.
    Look at the flowers​ go.