so you can make them yours.

Achievements

The judges this week are...
      Spoiler:  
    Jeremy Scott | eagle2ch
    Cheryl Cole | Aly
    Ellen Pompeo | VanityEgo
    Gia Gunn | Phoenix

Jeremy: This went a few more directions than I think it needed to. There was a darkness to some of the middle looks that really didn't connect to how the show began and ended. The lacey tan look in particular felt very out of place. I also think the big gown as your second look was a bit of an odd choice. I think you could have benefitted from an editing eye and maybe rearranged some things to make this all make a little more sense. That all being said I'm very happy with your use of color and the general idea you went with for this collection, even if the end result wasn't a perfect execution of that vision.
    Cheryl: This color scheme is all over the place and makes your collection look very disjointed. You have some great individual pieces you've presented but cohesively it comes across as somewhat of a mess. It looks like there could be three or four different shows going on here. I do love what you chose to close with and I think if you stuck with the theme of your last few looks you'd have a really strong show overall.
    Ellen: You've got exactly 3 stunners in there; looks 3, 4 and 9. The rest lacks a combination cohesion, taste, or impact. I wasn't extremely enthusiastic about this when you presented that one look, and you failed to turn the tide.
    Gia: ...I'm like...so confused. This is your final collection? Where is the theme, where is the story, where is some kinda...what's the word? Cohesia? Why doesn't it all match? These looks by themselves aren't terrible, some are actually really beautiful, and even go together with each other...but overall, it's just a bunch of shapes and colors and I don't know what's going on. I feel like I'm in grade school learning the alphabet and stuff all over again. I really wish you did more this last week, I just don't see a winning, star power kinda moment coming out of this.

16.6 | 13.0 | 14.0 | 16.3

Jeremy: While I can appreciate where you went with a more gray-scale floral rather than doing a more expected springtime concept, the overall vibe of the collection ended up a little dull. Where you really shine here is with the silhouettes. You gave us a lot of really interesting shapes while still keeping the overall vibe light and airy. This may not be the most in your face collection, but there's certainly something special about it.
    Cheryl: Your taste is impeccable with the looks you chose, but the show overall is a bit one-note. I got excited when I saw look #6 and thought you might add some variation, but then it just went back to the same floral gowns. You're just missing some dimension so you can add drama and excitement, but this is a solid effort.
    Ellen: As predicted, your collection feels uninspiring, and some of those looks are outright offensive. I'm only interested in your last 3 looks, and most weeks, they just would've been discarded as middle of the pack.
    Gia: Now I told you that if this was gonna be similar to your preview look, I'd be so bored. Well here we are, and guess what, honey? I am. Luckily for you, sticking to your guns did work out well in your favor, because for me, this definitely looks like a cohesian collection...besides dress #6, which seems really random, but let's just ignore her. It also helps that the last four dresses that came after it are really fabulous. The flower print looks amazing, especially in dress #7 and #8, the colors are pretty, these look mostly flattering...so, even though I don't love this, I can't hate this either when you did such a good job.

18.0 | 16.0 | 13.7 | 18.7

Jeremy: Honestly this is better than I could have ever hoped for. You really managed to take a simple idea and expand it into something major and I commend you for that. The dark floral and leather was really not something I think anyone else would have thought of and the way you paired the looks was impeccable. There were a couple of things here that I didn't absolutely adore, but I don't think any of it really took away from how masterful this collection was. Well done.
    Cheryl: I can honestly tell that a lot of hard work and effort went into this and it paid off in my opinion. You were the only designer to take me on a complete journey with your collection. It's cohesive, interesting, and everything that I'd want to see. Stunning.
    Ellen: Aesthetically, I'm not fully on board, but I believe you delivered the most impactful and cohesive collection of all the finalists. Not a single look deviates from what you were trying to accomplish, there's variety in terms of markets, scenes, silhouettes... I'm extremely impressed with your craftsmanship.
    Gia: Hands down my favorite. You had a fully realized concept and I saw it from beginning to end. Black, badass bitch, flowers all over her body, looking like someone you wouldn't want to **** with but really she just wants to do those things with the cards and the crystal balls and stuff and sip coffee by herself while writing some stories on her laptop in Starbucks...you made this so exciting by changing up not just the shape of the look in each and every look, but also where the flowers would be and how much there would be of them. This is how you do a grand finale, ladies. Amazing job.

19.9 | 20 | 19.7 | 20

Jeremy: What can I say, I love a dark aesthetic. This is very witch meets formal in a way I really didn't know it was going to go from the preview. There may have been some off the wall looks that didn't fit perfectly and the overall concept might have been a little simple, but I think the collection as a whole was effective and managed to remain cohesive dispute having a few different ideas.
    Cheryl: You've presented a cohesive show for us, but you took the easy way out with your theme. Looks #7 and #8 intrigue me the most, but you also chose two powerful looks in the closing spot so you definitely have an eye for design. Overall it's a solid effort but I'm just not blown away due to the low level of difficulty.
    Ellen: So I'll start with the low point of your collection: look #2. It's beyond uninspiring, which is the complete antithesis of the rest of your collection. It does go all over the place a little bit, but there's enough of a common thread and vibe that it doesn't hurt you. The last 4 looks in particular are breathtaking, and you opened with a bang.
    Gia: So the category is apparently lace fantasy, sexy, tough as nails, house down boots. I love how the lace patterns are so different in each look that has them, and some of those outfits are totally killer. But then you lose me with that all grey look in the middle with the chains, and the two looks at the end. They all just look totally out of place, but besides that, this is a pretty decent collection. Is it the strongest? I wouldn't say so to be completely honest with you, but for the most part you were consistent in your ideas and gave us an interesting show. Not bad.

18.1 | 17.3 | 19.0 | 18.1

Achievements

F I N A L E

In fourth place....
      Spoiler:  

Chi-Chi Swiftichick | quesolove, I'm sorry you are not the winner this season. You created some of my favorite looks though. Your general inconsistency left you with a little bit of ground to make up and unfortunately the response to your collection wasn't what you needed here at the end. You've still an amazing designer and it's been a joy seeing what you've turned out this season.

In third place....

Spoiler:  

Jewel Rhea | CupidStunt, I'm sorry, this is where your journey ends. You managed to stay out of the spot light for the early half of the competition but minus an initial trip up you really proved your worth towards the end. You're clearly a talented designer with a good eye, this just wasn't your season unfortunately. Thank you so much for showing us your creativity and skill.

AND THE WINNER
      Spoiler:  
    OF
      Spoiler:  
    RUNWAY REVOLUTION 17
      Spoiler:  
    IS.....
      Spoiler:  

Scarlet | eagle2ch, congrats you are the winner of the 17th season of Runway Revolution!

I think it was pretty clear from early on that you were a contender this season and , but it took a miss-step for you to actually step up your game and win a challenge. It was good to see you keep that momentum, especially considering what happened to most of the designers that won multiple rounds this season. It's no surprise you're here at the end and you really earned this top spot. Congrats.

OOC: I have a lot of mixed feelings about this. I'm really happy that I was able to win this season because I went into it with the mindset that I was going to contribute looks that I really liked and not really take into consideration what I thought would do well in the competition, so to see that as a winning strategy is really amazing. I do, however, worry about how people see me winning my own game. I really do enjoy playing just for the fun of it and winning was just icing on the cake I just don't want anyone to feel like I was foing this just to crown myself at the end because that was not at all my intention.

And, of course, our runner-up...
      Spoiler:  

Karen From-Finance | basicusername, I loved SO MUCH of what you did this season. I am beyond ecstatic that you got a second chance here at the end and really used it to make the best collection in the finale. Unfortunately you only made up enough ground to land as the runner-up of the season, but you really aimed to impress and even though not all of what you did this season had mass appeal I want you to know that I really appreciated all of it.

Thank you so much to everyone who was a part of this season and to everyone who has supported this franchise! I'm just not remembering we had some plans to switch things up that I don't think I ever explored any further so I guess I need to take a look at some old conversations with Satan before I move on to the next season.

Oh well. Congrats! =]

Achievements

Congrats! Sorry I missed so many judgings, it's hard to find time for RTVG stuff right now. ):

I just stopped by to say that I really liked the structure of the semi-final round you came up with. I liked being able to have some influence as a judge over what types of collections we would see! It really freshened up what had been kind of a clunky round in the past.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112