Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Estonia's Next Top Model

Achievements

i think they are influenced by the Finnish version - Suomen huippumalli haussa, so they are like, why not Eesti Tippmodell?

reberr
    because top model is obviously "huippumalli" in Finnish. so yeah, basically they're using their own language's word for it since it's after all in Estonia and they probably think no one else is ever going to see it.

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by reberr View Post
    because top model is obviously "huippumalli" in Finnish. so yeah, basically they're using their own language's word for it since it's after all in Estonia and they probably think no one else is ever going to see it.
    wait does it mean top model?

reberr
    yup. huippu is top, malli is model, and together, they are huippumalli (it's not some made up word, it's real. but if you hear people calling it "huippis" then it's made up because it's a nickname and shortened version). same in Estonian, tipp is top and modell well you can gues that easily.

Achievements

yup. huippu is top, malli is model, and together, they are huippumalli (it's not some made up word, it's real. but if you hear people calling it "huippis" then it's made up because it's a nickname and shortened version). same in Estonian, tipp is top and modell well you can gues that easily.
    Ohh

reberr
    because no one in Finland would say "Suomi top model" because it sounds just plain odd. even "America's next top model" has gotten a translated name when it's shown in Finnish and you guessed it, it's "Amerikan huippumalli haussa". same with the other NTM shows (Australia, Britain) they show here.

(as a side note to that I actually got to say that at least these have been given a straight translation from the English name instead of some pathetic Finnish version. like there's the tv-show called New Girl, Finnish name: three guys and a girl, even though they could have easily just translated new girl straight into Finnish or better, kept the original name)

Achievements

because no one in Finland would say "Suomi top model" because it sounds just plain odd. even "America's next top model" has gotten a translated name when it's shown in Finnish and you guessed it, it's "Amerikan huippumalli haussa". same with the other NTM shows (Australia, Britain) they show here.

(as a side note to that I actually got to say that at least these have been given a straight translation from the English name instead of some pathetic Finnish version. like there's the tv-show called New Girl, Finnish name: three guys and a girl, even though they could have easily just translated new girl straight into Finnish or better, kept the original name)
    irl

reberr
    I know, I hate it. I absolutely hate the fact that we basically need to translate the names of the shows even if they were clear enough in English they even couldn't properly translate How I Met Your Mother to Finnish... since now it's actually called "AT FIRST SIGHT". idk do the guys even have any clue what the show is about. and The Big Bang Theory is called "frosted glasses". wtf.

OKAY, BACK TO TOPIC. not that I actually have anything new to tell about Estonia's Next Top Model atm.

Achievements

I know, I hate it. I absolutely hate the fact that we basically need to translate the names of the shows even if they were clear enough in English they even couldn't properly translate How I Met Your Mother to Finnish... since now it's actually called "AT FIRST SIGHT". idk do the guys even have any clue what the show is about. and The Big Bang Theory is called "frosted glasses". wtf.

OKAY, BACK TO TOPIC. not that I actually have anything new to tell about Estonia's Next Top Model atm.
    Frosted glasses .
    im sorry, i just feel very laughter-susceptible today and i just seem to find it funny

Hopefully they will leak info from that Fashion show in London.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    tippmodell? really? I mean I would be the last person to make fun of other languages as I think they are the major transporter of our own cultural heritages but given "top model" is an anglism at its best I think spelling this "tipp" instead is as absurd as the croats having a word like "Sendvič"
    We have the word SENDVIČ here too. And i can make a pretty damn good sendvič!

Achievements

The fashion show will be held tonight at 9PM GMT

Achievements

i found a video of the girls in the fashion show:
    [youtube]daTqCSMwMc8[/youtube]
      Spoiler:  
    possibly final 5

reberr
    well they're fast considering they didn't end the castings until December and have already gotten to final 5.

Achievements

well they're fast considering they didn't end the castings until December and have already gotten to final 5.
    its a possibility, i think maybe it could've been a challenge and they only selected five winners to walk?

reberr
    yeah, I did think of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruspat View Post
    i found a video of the girls in the fashion show:
    [youtube]daTqCSMwMc8[/youtube]
      Spoiler:  
    possibly final 5
    Well, I have to say that I'm impressed. If that's the final 5, then I can't be mad because those 5 girls look like models. When does this show premier?

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8 View Post
    Well, I have to say that I'm impressed. If that's the final 5, then I can't be mad because those 5 girls look like models. When does this show premier?
    they haven't released the exact date yet but it will air sometime during Spring

^O0ok!! Gosh, the beginning of the year I always feel like I'm in some sort of Ntm rehab.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast