Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

So hyped! That I wouldn't mind getting pounded now

I love all the new designs!

I would use corviknight on my team

Jach | Adela | Dana | Mia | Beauty

The game looks so beautiful! But the new battle feature seems like such a mess ��. But I’m all in Pokémon till the end and I got used to Z moves so I can probably get used to this. It seems terrible competitively anyway because of how much switching there is.

There was a leak a few weeks ago that predicted accurately most of the trailer and also included some other leaks including that more Pokémon will get new evolutions (not Mega) including Farfetched. Personally I love this and also if it’s true it makes it pretty obvious we’re getting a new Eevee.

Vanjie, Yvie, Scarlet, Plastique

The two new pokemon released in e3 are so good.

That Corgi
    Its ability is literally playing fetch

and a new dark/fairy type

Personally, don't care about some pokemon not being in the game.
    had to happen eventually... they r nearly @ 1000 pokemon. There is a limit to what developers can do.
    In a perfect world, we'd have every region in the game as well.
    I just want a good game.

But the internet is fueled by pointless outrage.

I think it makes sense that not all pokemon will be able to be in the game. we are going from a whole new hardware, it will take time for them to transport them all to the style of the new system.

Yamper is SOOOOOOOOO adorable
    impidimp

I need an impidimp right this moment and I love that it's a unique typing.

This generation is shaping up to be one of my favorites

**GRABS POPCORN AND GETS READY TO SCREAM**

I threw up in my mouth twice!

As a competitive player I'm miffed a bit about the prospect of a limited Pokedex, though I understand this was probably inevitable. I think it'll both tend to favor more popular older Pokemon and probably won't include most Legendaries/Ultra Beasts, but I hope that they'll provide them via updates rather than have to wait to the next generation (maybe they could be included in the sequels or Gen 4 remakes that are probably coming...). It could also make for an interesting metagame if Smogon sticks by their usual clause of only including available Pokemon as I'm sure each tier would have gains and losses. I just hope that there's enough new Pokemon to make up for the loses.

Not really sure how I feel about some of the new ones yet. The imp one looks more like a Yokai Watch monster to me but I like the concept behind it and I bet it'll evolve into something cool.

Overall even with disappointments I'm still looking forward to the fact that every two to three weeks at least from now until the game starts we'll be getting new information!

the only thing that sucks is that there will be no room for having rational conversations about this game with the complete meltdown that is happening.

but masuda really should speak to this more. just dropped a bomb for many ppl and then moved on.

^Yeah I could be that fan but I’ve come to accept that this is ultimately a game for kids and even though there are a lot of adult fans it’ll ultimately cater to kids. I’m not super into giant Pokémon but I’m sure kids will love it so I can’t really blame them for adding it. The game also looks so gorgeous and I think the Wilds especially will be an awesome concept.

I think the truth is that if anything has been around for a decade there are always going to be people who bitch about changes.

Fat, Fem(ish) & Caucasian Daniota's Avatar
    I'm not hugely into Dynamax but I just won't use it unless forced for story. As far as the transferring of older Pokémon, I never do anyway as I'm not into the competitive scene and I'm happy to keep my team on the game I caught them in. I'm still hyped and happy and loving all of the info we're getting, despite promising myself to stay away from it all.

Quote Originally Posted by suppletangerine View Post
    ^Yeah I could be that fan but I’ve come to accept that this is ultimately a game for kids and even though there are a lot of adult fans it’ll ultimately cater to kids. I’m not super into giant Pokémon but I’m sure kids will love it so I can’t really blame them for adding it. The game also looks so gorgeous and I think the Wilds especially will be an awesome concept.

I think the truth is that if anything has been around for a decade there are always going to be people who bitch about changes.
    And yet those fans glorify nostalgia... back when the game had only 200-400 mons

The reality is pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world. Delaying the games means delaying the anime, merchandise, movies, TCG, etc.
    Those developers are on a tight schedule.

And I'd rather them make a great RPG than working on maractus models.

internet has lost their damn minds

gotta be mostly kids

Quote Originally Posted by asktheshadow View Post
    And yet those fans glorify nostalgia... back when the game had only 200-400 mons

The reality is pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world. Delaying the games means delaying the anime, merchandise, movies, TCG, etc.
    Those developers are on a tight schedule.

And I'd rather them make a great RPG than working on maractus models.
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

I agree completely, there are too many Pokemon that don't serve any purpose for me to be mad about them not being included. My issue is looking at the list there still seem to be a lot of irrelevant ones so far (at least from a competitive perspective)...Vespiqueen, Noctowl...but with the rumor of them adding new evolutions to the game I hope we could see some for Pokemon like that, I'd love to see either of those or other irrelevant ones evolve into something new and cool.

It doesn't matter to me either..

I usually tend to use only new Pokémon for my first playthrough anyway..

Jach | Adela | Dana | Mia | Beauty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12