• Simone

109 29.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 10th Photoshoot; Hollywood Glamour in the Air

this photoshoot sucks!

Your dad calls me Cleooo Cleopatra2011's Avatar

Achievements

It is funny how Russian people in our Russian top-model group think that Rachel did the best. And Montana should have gone.

1. Simone - stunning
    2. Liz - effotless
    3. Montana - decent
    4. Rachel - angle isn't complimenting her face, but still good

so MONTANA this week c;

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra2011 View Post
    It is funny how Russian people in our Russian top-model group think that Rachel did the best. And Montana should have gone.
    Wow really? What's that Russian site, could you tell me? I'm interested :P

symmetry for the devil oh_desire's Avatar
    Disappointing results. Why they didn't cut out the metal arm is beyond me, total mood killer.

[B]

01) Rachel - Clearly the best picture to me. It's the most dramatic one and she's not making the dress look like a total mess, representing the theme 'Hollywood Glamour' the best. I like that she's working with that extreme angle by giving that dramatic, movieposter-esque stare into the distance. I'm really feeling how she touches her heart with her perfectly held left hand. Her headpiece and dress look like a strong wind is blowing, further adding to the dynamic. The lower half of the the picture isn't very useable though.
    Would crop it like this:

[B--]

02) Simone - Looking like a Hollywood diva, something that she's definitely able to pull off (see Paris & Gatsby shoot). She's also the best with presenting the dress, no contest. Too bad she's sacrificing a narrative for it and is just giving a very simple pose. If she went a few extra steps with it in that direction, it could've been a great shot.
    Would crop it like this:

[C]

03) Liz - MESS. Her dress looks more like a chaotic dark cloud floating around her than anything, i can totally feel Alex being angry at this shot since this is a horrible representation of his dress. The closeup of her is stunning, but that's just a pretty small part of the picture that is almost looking too calm. Not a success.
    Would crop it like this:

[D]

04) Montana - I don't get it, were they going to make it look like a fluke ala Tahnees Chanel shot in cycle 5 (which is waaay better btw)? Because to me it just looks like the photographer caught her while changing position between 2 frames, basically just expressing 'can i sit like this or do you want me to sit more like this'? I don't get any glamour here, the dress looks disordered, her left arm is used awkwardly and looks heavy, and crossing the legs doesn't work for me too, leaving this picture without any flow at all. The closeup of her face isn't too bad, but it's an even smaller useable part than in Liz' picture.
    Would crop it like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra2011
    better put some trust into them!

mONTANA =190
    Liz = 105
    That's right b!tchs!!

RTVG Apprentice
    Nothing against Montana, but this was taken too far away, kind of like Anya's Castle Coutoure shot in ANTM cycle 9 ( if there was a close up it may have been better?)

Everything Fades Away... ANTM4life's Avatar

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by cocomoco View Post
    mONTANA =190
    Liz = 105
    That's right b!tchs!!
    Montana fans are so basic. They don't know anything.
    190 basic fans

105 expensive fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaleishaStowers View Post
    Moschino's IG just posting Leila's trash can purse, I hope it's a sign that she will book the campaign!!!

Fiercely Jank
    i say monty did the best, but maybe its because i just love the headpiece. her photo should have been cropped though.

liz's face is the best, imo, but she made the dress look like a mess

simone totally fulfilled the role of hollywood glamor, and she presents the clothing well, but her pose is too simple, expected. nothing is really dynamic about it.

rachel just looks lost... while floating over the ocean

I don't even understand why this photoshoot has to be cropped? I think it looks fine in the full view, because that's the best way to show off the entire dress. Cropping off half the dress makes no sense to me. It's not a shot for a movie, it's to sell the clothing in a magazine editorial. Even if you can't see Montana very well in her photo, tough. Thems the breaks. She's not the star/focal point. That headpiece and that gown are.

I still love this shoot though. The only drawback imo is that the photographer should've been boosted up so he could take closer photos at better angles. I think Liz got the shortest end of the stick (followed by Rachel), because had the angle been right, we would've actually seen all of the dress instead of the little we see now.
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    ASIA: Jess
    AU: Alice|Amanda|Montana
    US: Nicole F|Caridee|Ann
    KRN: Hyun Ji|Gi Ppeum
    Favorite Male Contestant: Yong Soo
    ALL-TIME FAVORITE NTM WINNER...
    SHIN HYUN JI

symmetry for the devil oh_desire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiru_chan88 View Post
    I don't even understand why this photoshoot has to be cropped? I think it looks fine in the full view, because that's the best way to show off the entire dress. Cropping off half the dress makes no sense to me. It's not a shot for a movie, it's to sell the clothing in a magazine editorial. (...)
    Usually i would completely agree with you, just not in this case because:
    - In total all of these shots look like a still from behind the scenes footage, with a lot of distracting stuff going on around them that you don't necessarily need to see. This might be intentional, but i think it's a complete mood killer.
    - A priority should be building up a strong portfolio for the girls with pictures they could use post show. Why would you put a shot into your post show model book where you can't even see the face properly? That would actually be fine if the picture in total would be beautiful/campaign-worthy and better than just a single part of it, but see point 1.
    - Montana and Liz don't even work their dresses properly to justify using a total shot over a zoomed in one, and Rachels dress actually works better with the lower half cut off.

^Then use the cropped version for their books and judge it there, but as far as I'm concerned cropping it takes away the concept (which you find distracting, but I find really cool) of the shoot and essentially their brief, which is to sell the dresses. I'm not judging this as a photo in a girl's portfolio (which might not even get used anyway. Just look at the portfolio of Amanda, Kelsey, Sophie, etc.: not all their shoots from the show get used either), I'm judging this as what it's supposed to be: an editorial with a concept and a brief the girls have to fulfill in order to get farther in a competition.
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    ASIA: Jess
    AU: Alice|Amanda|Montana
    US: Nicole F|Caridee|Ann
    KRN: Hyun Ji|Gi Ppeum
    Favorite Male Contestant: Yong Soo
    ALL-TIME FAVORITE NTM WINNER...
    SHIN HYUN JI

I love Simone's shot ! So beautiful and classy !
    Liz and Monty did a great job too !
    And finally there is Rachel the joke ! Why does she always open her mouth ? It looks horrible !

Liz did meh she is giving the Bi*** plz look

1. Rachel won the task
    2. Montana
    3. Liz

Liz
    Montana
    Simone
    Rachel

1. Liz / Montana
    3. Simone
    4. Rachel

01. Montana
    02. Simone
    03. Liz
    04. Rachel (She outstayed her welcome by a long shot.)

Time goes by fast​.
    Look at the flowers​ go.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast