Thread: Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer

Achievements

Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer

Chaz Bono
    The Most Unexpected

If you just know him as the only child of famed entertainers Sonny and Cher, then you don't know Chaz Bono!

Chaz is an LGBT rights advocate, three-time author, speaker and Chaz's decision to come out as a lesbian in 1995 prompted his public work in support of LGBT rights and social justice. He has contributed as a writer-at-large to The Advocate and, in 1996, became the Human Rights Campaign's National Coming Out Day spokesperson. Chaz also served as Entertainment Media Director for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and has spoken at dozens of universities and LGBT events.

An acclaimed author, Chaz has written three books including Transition, his groundbreaking and candid account of a 40-year struggle to match his gender identity with his physical body. He shared his life and experiences in the three-time Emmy nominated documentary, Becoming Chaz. Premiering to standing ovations at this year's Sundance Festival, Becoming Chaz had its world television premiere in May of 2011 on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Chaz continues to create visibility, cause awareness and impact change for LGBT issues. He currently lives in Los Angeles with his fiancée, Jennifer Elia. She'll surely be cheering Chaz on as he tries to tango to the top of the leaderboard each week on Dancing With The Stars.

Lacey Schwimmer
    Style: Latin and West Coast Swing
    Nationality: American
    Did You Know? First danced competitively at age 7

Given the amount of fancy footwork that's come from thisDancing with the Stars alum's household, we're pretty sure she's got what it takes to step up to the competition for a third time.

Lacey was born into a family of championship dancers and grew up in Moreno Valley, California. Her parents are Laurie Kauffman and noted West Coast Swing dancer, Buddy Schwimmer. She is the younger sister of Benji Schwimmer, winner of the second season of So You Think You Can Dance.

Although she began dancing at age 6, it wasn't until she hit her teens that she realized that this was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. She was chosen as one of the Top 20 contestants for season 3 of So You Think You Can Dance on FOX. Schwimmer has finished top at the U.S. Open Swing Dance Championships and has won numerous U.S. titles.

Some of her appearances we've seen her in include Christina Aguilera's pop video clip "Candyman" as a jitterbugger, a cameo appearance in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody in the episode, "Loosely Ballroom", and Jon Chu and Adam Sevani's Biggest Online Dance Battle against M&M.

Lacey danced at the MTV Movie Awards 2008 alongside Adam Sandler and was cast to dance in Adam Shankman's film Bedtime Stories starring Adam Sandler. Currently Lacey is part of the iHollywood Dance faculty and is also teaching master classes in Norway.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
    • 2007 - 1st Place: World Swing Dance Championships
    • 7 time US Open Swing Dance Champion
    • 2007 - So You Think You Can Dance Finalist
    • 2006 - 1st Place: US National Youth Latin Championships
    • 2006 - Emerald Ball Youth Latin Champion

PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:
    • Mike Catherwood
    • Kyle Massey
    • Mark Dacascos
    • Steve-O
    • Lance Bass

source: www.abc.com

My 2nd favorite couple right after Carson&Anna

Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Bow down to Empress Hyuna

Achievements

WERKKKK At Chaz being on this and Laceybeing his partner <3

#RPDR9 Yvie Oddly | Brooke Lynn Hytes | Plastique Tiara | Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

#iServeFace

I hate these christian groups who are making a fuss over Chaz.
    Where were they when they let a unwed teenage mother from a family of republicans on the show?

Spoiler:  
      Spoiler:  
    Bow down to Empress Hyuna

May the odds be ever in your favor..

Follow me

I like Chaz but he's turning out to be the "Bristol" of this season. People seem to be voting for the cause rather than actual than dance ability. The judges overscored him last week. I know samba and that was no samba but I will say in his defense he has the most limited partner out of the whole cast of pros in terms of choreography.
    Never was and never will be

poor chaz. i thought his fanbase would pull for him like they did with bristol palin but i guess not. ill miss him.