Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Drag Race Trainer Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by VanityEgo View Post

Time to push the birds out of the nest...

ALASKA

KIM CHI

LAGANJA

SHEA

TRINITY

FASHION PHOTO RUVIEW

Players and viewers alike, feel free to Toot and Boot this round's looks!
    wow everyone did amazing this week! gonna be hard to narrow it down

although (excluding myself) kim is definitely top toot of the week for me. she's really improved in these last few weeks. I shoulda eliminated that bitch when I had the chance

Toot: Kim, Shea, Trinity
    Boot: Laganja, Alaska
    Kim has really turned it tf around in the later half of the game and will be a lock for the finale soon enough

Brains, Booty, Business VanityEgo's Avatar

Achievements

I only have 4 sets of scores so I'm gonna wait a little longer before posting results

Achievements

@This round:

I’m so anxious for these results, everyone really brought it this week. Good luck ladies!

Achievements

Here are the judges for the week!

ALASKA

André • The outfit = great! The face = hate!

Ciara • This fits the theme, but it slides a little bit on the cheaper side for me.

Lisa • I’ve seen a lot of variations of this photo and your face looked off in almost all of them, so I’m thinking the head piece isn’t working with your bone structure, but otherwise this splash of colour and composition are fantastic.

Michael • Kind of an awkward expression for this—but the look is phenomenal.

KIM CHI

André • You look like a Pokémon that's based off a tree. I like. A lot.

Ciara • Honey, you look beautiful! I honestly think this looks a bit heavy for a flying type, but I can't deny it's fitting and gorgeous.

Lisa • We love a dual-type moment here and you look ready to look over sea and air!

Michael • This is a fun look! One thing to note is that while you have a very tropical feeling look, the scene and tones are very cool looking (as in color temperature), so it isn't as vibrant as it could have been.

LAGANJA

André • This is fantabulous and so mysterious. Can I get this blown up please?

Ciara • I cannot tell if I like this. I think it works for the theme but I'm seeing much more of a psychic pokemon using teleport.

Lisa • This is conceptually strong and visually impactful, but your competition this week is just outshining you by virtue of being stunning AND perfectly on-theme… You were in a tough spot this week, we’ll see if you make it out alive.

Michael • An interesting shot, but I'm getting "water" from this more than flying. Sure, you have clouds as a background, but you still look like you're underwater.

SHEA

André • The aesthetic is nice, but something is not all the way there with the picture and the face.

Ciara • This is also beautiful and fitting, but I kind of wish the background was better. It kind of makes what should be a dynamic photo quite static.

Lisa • There’s something mesmerising about your wings and expression. Excellent job.

Michael • Love this one. I really appreciate the sense of motion to this shot. The most interesting take on "flying" for this round.

TRINITY

André • Even though this is simple, it slays.

Ciara • Now this is gorgeous. You look ethereal and gorgeous, with the right accessories to pull off the winged look.

Lisa • I guess angels do fly, so your look is very adjacent to Flying-type, but the lack of actual wings hurts you in a week where everyone incorporated that element in one way or another. Another component that sets you apart is even those who went for a literal approach didn’t go about it in a basic way...

Michael • In a round with a lot of strong shots, this one fades into the background for me. I just get "heavenly" from this.

• • •

Next up is the reveal of the tops and bottoms of the week...

Achievements

Let's find out who rose to the occasion and whose wig is in danger of flying away into the stratosphere...

ALASKA

Spoiler:  

• • •

Spoiler:  

I'm sorry my dear, but you are up for elimination.

KIM CHI

Spoiler:  

• • •

Spoiler:  

Congratulations, you are one of the top queens of the week.

LAGANJA

Spoiler:  

• • •

Spoiler:  

SHEA

Spoiler:  

• • •

Spoiler:  

TRINITY

Spoiler:  

• • •

Spoiler:  

Congratulations, you are one of the top queens of the week.

• • •

I will now contact the top queens in order to have them arrange the battle.

Shea: Congratulations to the top 2, y'all deserve it. Before you make your decision I just want to say that I really want to stay! Please keep in mind that I have saved you both from elimination in the past and I hope you return the favor tonight.

Achievements

So there seem to be some scheduling issues, and as a result, I have messaged the Top 2 with information regarding a Sudden Death battle.
    Here's what that entails:

• The players will be using the same team, but each of their Pokémon will only have 1 move.
    • I will make their Pokémon face off on Showdown myself.
    • If only one of them sends their Sudden Death team and their elimination choice within 24 hours, they'll win the battle by default. If neither of them submits their stuff, the bottom player with the worst score will be eliminated, but both Trinity and Kim will incur a 10% penalty on their next score.

This system will be tweaked in the next round and for season 2.
    I'm sorry this second portion of the game has been such a ride on the struggle bus, between my usual unreliability as a host and the website issues. I'm hoping to wrap it up soon, and I thank you for your patience <3

Achievements

TRINITY THE TUCK, YOU'RE A WINNER BABY!

RECEIPTS

Trinity, with great power comes great responsibility.
    Which queen have you decided to give the chop?

Spoiler:  

• • •

Spoiler:  

I'm eliminating...

Spoiler:  

I think collectively she has the worst record at this point and she was already eliminated once.

As it is written, so it shall be done.
    Laganja, you will always be an All Star.
    Now... Marie Kondo will help you pack your belongings... again.
    Sashay away.

OOC: Aw chaz you definitely made the most out of your second chance, and I'm glad we got to see more Laganja's fierceness. Unfortunately, you didn't have much room for mistakes, but you put up a great fight.

FULL SCORES

Alright, we have one elimination left before the finale! Let's get this bread~

Achievements

Congratulations, you've made it to the last gym!
    Which three lucky queens will creep their way to the Final 3? We'll find out soon.

The category is...

Spoiler:  

BUG

Spoiler:  

Again, a pretty literal theme that leaves you plenty of options! Will you go for a creepy, gooey worm? A majestic butterfly? A terrifying abomination of a spider? The possibilities are endless.

As usual, you will be using https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder to make your team of 3 Bug-type Pokémon.
    Use "Anything Goes" format to have access to every Pokémon.
    Legendaries and Ultra Beasts are off-limits.
    Bug-type Legendaries & Ultra Beasts include Arceus (Bug), Genesect, Buzzwole, Pheromosa.
    Silvally is still banned.

Good luck!

Achievements

The cocoons have opened! Let's find out who made it through the transformation and who was DOA.

ALASKA

KIM CHI

SHEA

TRINITY

FASHION PHOTO RUVIEW

Players and viewers alike, feel free to Toot and Boot this round's looks!

toot: shea, trinity
    boot: alaska, kim

good luck my fellow creepy crawlers

Torn between Alaska & Shea for top toot. Can’t wait to see who makes the final.

Achievements

I’m on a ski trip and can’t seem to access the internet from my computer, so... results next Monday at the latest.

Achievements

What's buzzing, judges? Let's find out what you all thought of our queens' performance!

ALASKA

André • At least you tried, darling.

Ciara • Well, the setting and the tone of the photo is right for bug. However, I don't necessarily see much bug type in the rest of the photo - especially with the styling. The nails are a good touch, but I feel like I have to do a lot of generous interpretation.

Lisa • Yeah you didn’t get very lucky with this theme. I’m surprised you didn’t have any sort of spider look, it just seems like bugs are right up Alaska’s alley of creepy glam… I get a slight witchy vibe from this, I can see you collecting bugs for your potions, but I’m reaching. Still a cute photo, but it’s not on par with everyone else this week to me.

Michael • The setting is doing most of the work here. I don't really get "bug" strongly from this, but I can see what you were going for. Like almost everyone else, though, you didn't really take the theme further.

Tamar • This is an amazing setting for bug week, but this is also something we've seen from you before so it doesn't excite me.

KIM CHI

André • I get what you were going for here, but I feel like the styling, the background, everything else doesn't work for me.

Lisa • I freaking love the sheer drama of that butterfly mask. You could be a really fierce Elite 4 member who uses Bug-type Pokémon. I don’t know if that lip colour really makes sense with the wig and the holographic top, but it’s not damaging the overall look.

Ciara • The butterfly brooch on the face is beautiful. But that's the only element of it that really says bug type - otherwise, it's just a pretty beauty shot. It may be a little too literal and obvious for me.

Michael • This was evidently a challenging theme as everyone more or less failed. However, I thought you had the most effective approach with this headpiece.

Tamar • This meets the theme, but I want more from you than just a close up studio shot.

SHEA

André • Are you the newest Fanta girl, darling?

Ciara • I really dig this. You look like an orange caterpillar who feasts only on citrus fruit. The slimey tank top adds a good effect to the photo - and I think you did a great job.

Lisa • Well come on, bumble bitch! Honey queen realness.

Michael • Besides the reference to honey here I really don't think this reads "bug" or "insect" whatsoever. This was a surprisingly poor showing for you.

Tamar • Your competition meets the theme in a more obvious way and I have to somewhat stretch my imagination to see where you were going with this.

TRINITY

André • Just,.....no.

Ciara • You have the right styling. The print is very bug-like and the silhouette is giving me cocoon realness. However, it's weighed down by the rather ill-fitting runway studio background (and a little too obvious photoshop).

Lisa • The stripes are a little tacky, but they work for this theme. I love that the hips are so exaggerated, it really evokes a bee’s body. I would’ve preferred either black gloves or longer blue gloves , but the wig creates the right amount of contrast.

Michael • Okay, so you were going for the bee-like colors with this. That's fine, I guess, but don't expect me to be impressed. I'm not.

Tamar • Something about this couture bumblebee is really working for me. The silhouette really heightens this look for the theme.

Achievements

Alright, let's find out who our first two finalists will be...

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

CONGRATULATIONS ALASKA AND KIM CHI, YOU ARE THE TOP 2 ALL STARS OF THE WEEK!

I will now contact you to arrange the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by NolyRoly1 View Post
    toot: shea, trinity
    boot: alaska, kim

good luck my fellow creepy crawlers
    well I was dead wrong this week shows how much I know.

congratulations to alaska and kim though! I would love to join y'all in the finale, we stan a diverse final 3. trinity and I pretty much have the same track record so I know it's going to be a hard decision. all I can say is that I would really like to stay and I would be forever grateful if you kept me <3

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast