Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 18 of 30

Thread: What is the True Definition of Floater?

  1. #1
    HAY GURL HAY
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Real definition of a floater in Big Brother.

    Hey y'all. I'm pretty new here, but I've lurked the BB threads for quite awhile. And something I can't help but notice is the word floater being used out of context ALOT. I think it has alot to do with Rachel. She calls any person against her a floater. So pretty much Floater has lost all meaning and is now just an insult, much alike the word 'Bitch'.

    The people that have been called floaters are Shelly, Adam, Kalia, Cassi and Porsche. Only one of those are true floaters. In fact all of those people have different ways of playing. Let's go through them, because I do see how people can get them confused.

    Shelly - while she has the chararistic of a floater in which she flips, she flips in different pretences. She is what we call a Flip Flopper. Which is someone playing both sides. She throws her 'loyalty' around like a sl*t does her legs on Friday night.

    Kalia - She, well actually I don't understand how she is seen as a floater. She is 100% on a side. I guess she can be called a Follower. Or a minion or something of that kind. Kalia has been 100% on one side of the house. So yeah.

    Cassi - She was just in an alliance that never had control. There was no leader in her alliance. They all had an equal say. So she was just Apart of A Unit that never was able to gain control.

    Porsche - Now this one can be argued. But I think she can be seen more along the lines of Laying Low until it was neccessary to pick a side.

    Adam - this my friends is a FLOATER. No true deals, unimportant to EVERYONES game and just wants to be in the majority.


    Sorry, if I'm too new to be telling people stuff like this, but I thought it'd be fun to have a discussion on this.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Agreed with most of that, although I thought Porsche was definitely a floater until she won her recent HoH.

    Lawon was also a floater IMO.




  4. #4
    Lawon was definitely a floater, but Porsche definitely wasn't. She actually has an alliance, she switched sides only once when she knew she was on the outs of her first alliance, and she had done well in a lot of previous challenges before the two she just won.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhaley View Post
    Lawon was definitely a floater, but Porsche definitely wasn't. She actually has an alliance, she switched sides only once when she knew she was on the outs of her first alliance, and she had done well in a lot of previous challenges before the two she just won.
    Porsche had never made the slightest impact on the game until like 2 weeks ago when she escaped the clutches of Rachel and threw herself under Daniele's control.

    I think there was a period of about 2 weeks where I forgot she was even playing.




  6. #6
    Porsche aligned with Daniele around Week 5. It wasn't two weeks ago.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhaley View Post
    Porsche aligned with Daniele around Week 5. It wasn't two weeks ago.
    Three weeks ago then, it really doesn't make matter considering she was virtually invisible for the first 40 days.




  8. #8
    Moderator BottleItUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,270

    Achievements

    What is the True Definition of Floater?

    We've heard soooo many definitions of what a "floater" in the Big Brother game is these past two seasons - is it someone who doesn't win competitions? Someone who doesn't commit to an alliance? Someone who Rachel despises and can't think of any other word to insult them with?

    What's your definition of a floater?

  9. #9
    Queen of Thorns Estquer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CA-03
    Posts
    18,213

    Achievements

    Whoever Rachel says is a floater is a floater. She's the authority on the issue!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BottleItUp View Post
    We've heard soooo many definitions of what a "floater" in the Big Brother game is these past two seasons - is it someone who doesn't win competitions? Someone who doesn't commit to an alliance? Someone who Rachel despises and can't think of any other word to insult them with?

    What's your definition of a floater?
    Bingo.

  11. #11
    (>O_O> Anth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    14,501

    Achievements

    See Adam Poch.

    I just see floaters as voters. Not making game moves. Not really contributing to the game or drama.
    Boring folk.





  12. #12
    Do you like it saltayyy? JaneFan101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    4,350
    I guess a person who does absolutely nothing in the game to win anything or sway others for an extra vote. Basically a person who is just there because they're there. Adam only won Veto, because Jeff threw it for him. If Jeff didn't throw it, Adam probably wouldve lost. The thing that bugs me about him, is that he never really seems to put much effort into anything. He never gives off any energy at all, yet he doesn't sleep - but then when hes in the DR, he acts as if he's actually playing the game.

  13. #13
    Adam is the true definition of a floater


    BGC11- Teresa Jazmone Tiana
    Ausntm8- Melissa Brooke Shannon
    Antm20- Chris H Marvin Jourdan Kanani

  14. #14
    I think they've been using the term floater to loosely now.

    Adam is a floater.
    Kristen and Kathy were floaters last season.

    But now people just call people they don't like floaters. I don't understand how Jordan can consider Porsche and Kalia floaters.

  15. #15
    Do you like it saltayyy? JaneFan101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I think they've been using the term floater to loosely now.

    Adam is a floater.
    Kristen and Kathy were floaters last season.

    But now people just call people they don't like floaters. I don't understand how Jordan can consider Porsche and Kalia floaters.
    Kalia isnt a floater. She's been on Dani's side from like day 23 or something. Porsche has been with Keith, then with Rachel, then suddenly with Dani for some odd reason, now she's with Kalia and Shelly. She won 1 veto and 1 HOH, but only because she's now desperate to stay in the house. She never talks game, she never does anything for herself and up untill like two weeks ago, I kept forgetting she was there.

  16. #16
    HAY GURL HAY
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,055
    http://www.rtvgames.com/showthread.php?t=37631

    But yeah, the word 'Floater' is used more as an insult within the game more than anything these days.

    Like instead of 'Joe is a bitch!' It's "Joe is a floater!"

  17. #17
    I'm out of here
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sudden Valley
    Posts
    7,453

    Achievements

    Perfect example Adam and Maybe even Shelly

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneFan101 View Post
    Kalia isnt a floater. She's been on Dani's side from like day 23 or something. Porsche has been with Keith, then with Rachel, then suddenly with Dani for some odd reason, now she's with Kalia and Shelly. She won 1 veto and 1 HOH, but only because she's now desperate to stay in the house. She never talks game, she never does anything for herself and up untill like two weeks ago, I kept forgetting she was there.
    First off, Keith was the one that chose Porsche; she just agreed to being a duo with him, but then she tried to get him out ASAP. Also, Dani and Kalia were in the same alliance, so Porsche didn't flip after Dani left. She stayed on the same side as before with Kalia. Shelly is the one that joined their alliance right before Dani left.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •