Thread: 9/5 Show Discussion

9/5 Show Discussion

AWESOME show tonight!

Toby kicked major portions of :moon I voted my booty off for him. His original song was killer!

Lukas was underwhelming tonight. He mumbled way too much in "Livin' On a Prayer". Magni did well and I laughed so hard when he answered Tommy's question on why both songs sounded the same with, "umm because I sang them?" I dug Storm's performance as well and she kind of reminded me of a female Kid Rock there. Dilana....I think her fate is already sealed, especially with Jason's simple thanks for her "effort". Dave looked especially disturbed when she said the lyric about wanting to "kill [someone] in their sleep".
    Fierce is a State of Mind.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

I thought Dilana sounded good, but her song-writing is so bad, (and the fans are going to hate that f*** you, fans), so, she's done. Maybe not this week, but I can't see her top three anymore.

Toby's first song was just alright for me, but I loved his second song... normally songs with ohohOHohoh's don't do it for me, but he sounded great and performed it well.

Magni was just ok for me this week.

Loved watching Lukas, especially his original song.

I've always been kind of meh on Storm. She has an AMAZING voice, but her expression was lacking sometimes. And she lacked star quality sometimes...
    But not tonight! Her original was really good and I actually felt compelled to watch, which is great.
    Also, I want that jacket!!

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

Wow things are flipped tonight.

Dilana won't go this week (Magni will) just for the shear fact that she has done enough to earn her spot in the final round (final 4). Right now I think Toby is going to win, although he is 100% wrong for the band. Not to mention I don't think he can sing worth a sh!t. I think Dilana and Storm will get 3rd and 4th and Lukas and Toby will be final 2.

I LOVED Storm's original, she better not be in the bottom 3.

It's to bad that Jordis screwed up so badely, she had this thing in the bag and lost it last week with her elimination performance. Oops, I meant Dilana.

I think it's a toss up between Magni and Dilana on who goes this week. The last few weeks Supernova asked Storm to kick it up a notch and she finally did it!!! That should save her this week.
    I too could not understand much of what Lukas sang during Livin' on a prayer and I know this song by heart! His original was just meh. He should be in the bottom three, but I don't see him going home because Supernova likes him too much.

on the Jordis/Dilana thing. Sooooo true.

I was thinking a while ago:

Rockstar: INXS -- Rockstar: Supernova

Jordis -- Dilana (both have crazy hair, darkish way about them)
    Lukas -- J.D. (rebel, loner)
    Storm -- Suzie (fun lovin', can kick it with the guys, laid back girl)
    Mig -- Toby (the Aussie heart throb)

and umm Magni? I am not sure who his parallel would be. Ty? He was pretty easy going like Magni I suppose. Not sure. Maybe him not having a Rockstar: INXS counterpart could mean something?

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

BTW, who was in the early bottom three? It didn't show up for me...

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    BTW, who was in the early bottom three? It didn't show up for me...
    They actually ranked all 5 this week -

1 to 5 (1 being the top vote getter 5 being the lowest at the show's end)
    1. Toby
    2. Lukas
    3. Magni
    4. Storm
    5. Dilana

I liked Magni on the Supernova song, Toby was awesome on the encore.

Bottom three: Storm, Dilana, & Lukas

Storm was fantastic tonight and I was actually really sad that she left. Dilana, for someone with a torn something in her leg was sure KICKING a lot and wrapping her leg around Storm. What was up with that? I didn't care too much for her performance and would have been fine if she left. Lukas was good, not WOW great, but he was good. Wouldn't have been his night to go.

When I saw Jason put his head down and possibily cry (it looked to me like he was crying) as Storm performed, I didn't know if that was a sign that she just got bumped UP a few notches, or if they already knew she was leaving and her performance wouldn't have mattered. In any case, I'm sorry to see her go.

Toby for the win yo!

Phew for Magni being safe! Boo for Storm. She was so much better than Dilana, it's not fair.

I think it's fair. I was really growing to like Storm, but I think I put a finger on what was missing for me in her singing tonight. She has a beautiful voice, great performance commitment, but she lacks emotion in her voice... I was going to say "angst", but maybe "soul" would do. Unfortunately, I think her performance of "Wish You Were Here" underlined that.

Perhaps Jason was upset because the song had personal meaning for him... either the singer who died or someone close or something?

Storm's gone

I really liked her and was feeling sad for her when she was crying at the end of her song, saying it was for her mother. Jason also seemed extremmely touched by the song.

I'm rooting for Toby to win this now, or at least to get a major record deal so I can buy his CD.

Great news about Panic Channel touring with them. I might just have to go see that concert afterall

Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    Phew for Magni being safe! Boo for Storm. She was so much better than Dilana, it's not fair.
    I agree totally. While I doubt Storm would have won the competition, I'm tired of Dilana getting free passes because she did good the first half of the competition. The last couple weeks she has totally tanked during the clinics and none of her performances, including her bottom 3 songs, have been memorable. I thought her original song was boring and trite. I think Storm should have made it through to next week at least just based on her original. It was memorable and pretty cool.

I guess it all boils down to their personal taste, but I'm tired of feeling like Supernova's trying to force me to like Dilana because they really wanna pick her and want some way to justify it. Like I said, she was good at first, but apparently can't handle pressure or any kind of "bump in the road," so doubt she could handle the pressures of fronting a major band. Out of the four left, I see Toby as probably the best choice. The girls love him, he doesn't have a wife and kid in another country (otherwise I'd say Magni), he seems to be handling the pressure and stress well (unlike Dilana) and he's not moody or like he might be hard to work with (like Lukas).

Magni's performance with Supernova was predictably my favorite of any of them so far.

I actually like that song the best though too. The other original SN songs I thought sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    Magni's performance with Supernova was predictably my favorite of any of them so far.

I actually like that song the best though too. The other original SN songs I thought sucked.
    I guess I'm more of a hard rock fan because that song was my least favorite of all and I thought Magni did not have much chemistry with the band, except with Jason.

My favorite was by far the one Toby sang with them!

I know what you mean coksy. It was definitely the softest of the rock songs they've debuted so far.

I didn't like the song Toby sang because I thought "Hey hey hey. Ho Ho Ho." was really lame. The song itself wasn't that bad and Toby himself was just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by attagirl
    Out of the four left, I see Toby as probably the best choice. The girls love him, he doesn't have a wife and kid in another country (otherwise I'd say Magni), he seems to be handling the pressure and stress well (unlike Dilana) and he's not moody or like he might be hard to work with (like Lukas).
    I totally agree. There's not much bad you could say about Magni, he's talented, a nice guy, seems easy to work with, but the only thing I could see them holding against him is having a wife and young child/infant far away and it being hard on him emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I didn't like the song Toby sang because I thought "Hey hey hey. Ho Ho Ho." was really lame. The song itself wasn't that bad and Toby himself was just fine.
    You got something against pirate music?
    Trying is the first step towards failure...

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    I really liked her and was feeling sad for her when she was crying at the end of her song, saying it was for her mother. Jason also seemed extremmely touched by the song.
    I am speculating of course, but I think that Jason was so moved because he was the replacement bassist after Cliff Burton (Metallica's original bassist) died in a bus tour accident. Perhaps he felt sad wishing that Burton was still around?