Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by xsai View Post
    Literally, note how they go into zero detail about Euron’s strategies against Daenerys. Bc there isn’t one. He’s just written to decimate them, until he doesn’t and he loses. No direction, no concept, just a win streak to get broken.
    They also had to turn Tyrion into a bumbling, idiotic, mess in order to justify Eurons wins.

Tyrions character assassination might've been the slowest, but it was the most thorough of all. Worse than Daenerys. With Dany, it seemed like they just put the character into extreme fast forward because they just wanted to end the series.
    But with Tyrion, they basically rewrote the entire character.

The insipid moron who was pleading with Cersei on the Kings Landing gates has no right to the name Tyrion

retiree.
    Olenna: how do you mean to take the iron throne, by asking nicely

Tyrion: pls ms lannister can we have our throne back pls
    sick&tired.

Olenna was my fave, ultimate sass & shade queen. Her ending was so badass. "Tell Cersei, I want her to know it was me." One of the best scenes of the later seasons.
    A badass b*tch and savage 'till the end and truly one of the smartest players in the game of thrones.
    Last edited by EProduc; 06-11-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EProduc View Post
    Olenna was my fave, ultimate sass & shade queen. Her ending was so badass. "Tell Cersei, I want her to know it was me." One of the best scenes of the later seasons.
    A badass b*tch and savage 'till the end and a truly one of the smartest players in the game of thrones.
    Thank god she didn't make it to season 8
    Iconic death.

Last good death of GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by asktheshadow View Post
    Thank god she didn't make it to season 8
    Iconic death.

Last good death of GOT.
    Agreed 100%. One of the only acceptable/ well executed deaths of the last two seasons.

Agreed 100%. One of the only acceptable/ well executed deaths of the last two seasons.
    the death of the show was pretty well executed

swift and lethal.

They also had to turn Tyrion into a bumbling, idiotic, mess in order to justify Eurons wins.

Tyrions character assassination might've been the slowest, but it was the most thorough of all. Worse than Daenerys. With Dany, it seemed like they just put the character into extreme fast forward because they just wanted to end the series.
    But with Tyrion, they basically rewrote the entire character.

The insipid moron who was pleading with Cersei on the Kings Landing gates has no right to the name Tyrion
    Imo they actually ruined Tyrion real early on. I love his character arc in the books, where he sort of fights the fact that out of all the Lannister kids, he’s the most like Tywin. And how he sort of turns his own “monstrosity” into a self-fulfilling prophecy. But the show sort of turned him into this Perfect Saint who is so Pure and Righteous. Even how they framed him murdering Shae as basically self-defense, while it’s way more interesting and conflicting in the books. They whitewash any morally dubious thing he does and it flattens the character completely.

And then they just turn him stupid all of a sudden because they got too lazy to actually develop battle writing strategies other than “whoopdeedoo they just forgot about the navy they discussed in great detail like five minutes ago”

retiree.
    A badass b*tch and savage 'till the end and truly one of the smartest players in the game of thrones.
    The genius, badass feminist anti-Tywin who was the only person in the whole game capable of standing up to him and shutting down literally anyone who dared speak out of turn in her person. A woman who manoeuvred her way out of marrying a Targaryen bc she thought he was a weirdo. A woman who murdered a king and got away with it until she was already safely on her way out and couldn’t be punished any more.

Olenna is gonna go down as the show’s best executed character, and is gonna be the reason people look back and realise the Tyrells were the best great house in the game.
    sick&tired.

Nothing will ever beat Catelyn Starks death scene though. What a scene and what an actress. A true thespian

I didn’t love Catelyn as a character (because while flawed as a good character is she was also incredibly and unjustifiably stupid at times) but I’m absolutely in love with the actress and gutted - simply gutted - we didn’t get to see more of her as Lady Stoneheart

I’m sure the character would end up being one-note and would never truly utilize Michelle Fairley’s talents but still

Also I’m here to jump on the bandwagon for Olenna Tyrell as best character of the series.

The only person I can think of for 2nd place is Davos Seaworth followed by Tywin Lannister & then Lyanna Mormont (because of how little we saw of her).

Honorable mentions include Oberyn Martell (ultimately awesome minus his dumb ass causing his own death), Arya Stark (her plot armor kinda ruined her for me), Yara Greyjoy (the end where she became Arya’s bitch was kinda dumb the way they played it, but it’s Night Kingslayer Arya for chrissakes I can hand-wave a bit), and others I’m sure I’m missing.

Also talking about character assassinations, they took all of 5 minutes to destroy Bronn. That’s literally it. And it happened early in S8 and they never redeemed him
    Last edited by Shiru_chan88; 06-12-2019 at 01:47 AM.
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    ASIA: Jess
    AU: Alice|Amanda|Montana
    US: Nicole F|Caridee|Ann
    KRN: Hyun Ji|Gi Ppeum
    Favorite Male Contestant: Yong Soo
    ALL-TIME FAVORITE NTM WINNER...
    SHIN HYUN JI

Even despite her lackluster ending,
    Cersei Lannister is still my favorite character

Just such a fascinating, rich villain.

Anyway, I think its time we bury this thread

F_uck, I im resurrecting this thread!!!

Apparently Lena Headey at Comic Con said she filmed a miscarriage scene for season 7, which was supposed to be in the finale.
    And they decided to cut it.. I knew it. The season 7 plotlines leaked months in advance, and the leakere mentioned she would wake up in the middle of the night with a miscarriage and have a breakdown

Apparently it was her favorite scene, and it was very traumatic and emotional.

****! They literally just annihilated her entire end game arc... I always thought her pregnancy would lead to a miscarriage, and then a complete mental breakdown.
    I wonder how many storylines they butchered just for that star wars money,.

Im ok

retiree.
    Losing a fourth child is a perfect way to kick Cersei right over the edge, though losing her life with her final child knowing she couldn’t save it is a rich premise for her too. By that point, she must’ve felt cursed.
    sick&tired.

^
    It would've been even more painful to see her keep on going pretending she was still pregnant.

imagine how much more impact her scene w/ Tyrion would've been, if inside she knew, her baby was gone.

**** the showrunners, man. I didn't even know that. They did Cersei dirty

On a side note, if anyone is open to anime and needs a good political/action show to heal the burning hole of disappointment that is GoT, I highly recommend Attack On Titan. Less sex and nudity obviously, but it definitely is a great show with lots of political stuff, strategies, relationships, action, and gore.
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    SHIN HYUN JI

^
    Attack on Titan is great
    but even better is "The Promised Neverland"

Its just BRILLIANT

Full of suspense, and mind games, with one of the greatest villain characters of all time ( wait till the end of the first season)

Its an absolute gem of a series. The premise is somewhat like Attack on Titan, but I think its actually more clever.
    Last edited by asktheshadow; 06-20-2019 at 09:50 AM.

So I've finally started watching this like a month ago, and I just finished season 6. GOD I've been missing out you guys damn! I really adore these characters so much <3 I already know most of what's going to happen but hell I live.
    For some reason I was very attached to Catelyn, as I saw mentioned above. WOW that scene really had me in tears tbh - but also I've cried more times than I want to admit watching this show.
    EFWA11: Xasna - Shook - Ndebele - Milly - Freyvdir - T'Chondee - Ibrahim

^
    Attack on Titan is great
    but even better is "The Promised Neverland"

Its just BRILLIANT

Full of suspense, and mind games, with one of the greatest villain characters of all time ( wait till the end of the first season)

Its an absolute gem of a series. The premise is somewhat like Attack on Titan, but I think its actually more clever.
    Oh yeah Promised Neverland is also amazing, but I suggested Attack on Titan instead since it seems a bit closer to Game of Thrones in terms of the ages of the characters, the level of magic seen (sorta), and just overall is more similar to Game of Thrones.

Some people have issues with anime (like finding it too childish, or hating the fans) that could be overcome with a series that's as similar as possible to something they already like (Game of Thrones).
      Spoiler:  

My Favorite Winners
    SHIN HYUN JI

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950