Thread: 8/23 Discussion

8/23 Discussion

Wow, I'm sorry Magni, not good. But, then again, I saw Jimi do this live in concert back when I was just a young hippie! Sorry, I just don't think anybody can do a Jimi Hendrix song justice. If any of you had seen Jimi live, I think you would feel the same way.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." James Dean

I thought it was kind of hot...granted, I have never seen Jimi Hindrix live so yeah I enjoyed the song and I can see him sticking around for the next few weeks.

I loved Toby's performance tonight, he's definitely stepping it up. Looks like Dilana took a big hit tonight and I am not talking about a song here. She made herself look really, really bad with those comments and it's making her seem kind of cocky. I like her and I think she's a great performer but she really should have known better and if anything does her in, it will be that. Hopefully she can redeem herself somehow.

With Patrice gone, it's going to be less predictable now I think. All of the people remaining are pretty darn good.
    Fierce is a State of Mind.

Sciuridae; TYO 7974; Once you find the final thread and complete this challenge, go have a drink to celebrate!

I agree Glitter that it's going to get really hard now. But I just don't like Lukas, for some reason I just don't like his singing and the way he performs. It's probably my age, but I just don't like the kid.

I agree about Dilana's being cocky. That was not in her favor at all. Once you start making the millions of dollars, then be cocky!

But I don't like "cocky stars" either. I like those rock stars, actors, sports stars who make the money, but are still basically down to earth people. And with the celebrites today, there are very few of them.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." James Dean

Won't be anything left... Swim4life107's Avatar

Achievements

This was the most predictable elimination yet.

I definately think that the band wants either Dilana or Lukas to win. They will be final 2 hands down. Dilana will win. Next to go IMO will be Toby. I orginally thought Magni and Storm would have made final 3 with Dilana. However I think they are battling for 4th and 5th place. I think Storm will get 4th just because the voters have yet to put her in the bottom 3 (although she has hoovered over it for a few weeks). I think with all the praise Ryan has been getting lately, he will make final 3.

Dilana still IMO has this thing wrapped up. Lukas has a very small outside chance.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Storm get booted when she hits bottom three the first time. I don't think the band is as into her as the fans are.
    Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    Wow, I'm sorry Magni, not good. But, then again, I saw Jimi do this live in concert back when I was just a young hippie! Sorry, I just don't think anybody can do a Jimi Hendrix song justice. If any of you had seen Jimi live, I think you would feel the same way.
    Aside from a couple of us here, very few members here were alive to see Jimi live! Of course many songs on this show cant touch the originals, but I thought Magni did a pretty good job of it. I also didnt think he had any business being in the bottom three with the performance he gave the other night of another great, untouchable rock song, Smells Like Teen Spirit. I think Magni is very talented and professional, but the audience just doesn't love him. It will be interesting to see if Dilana loses some fans because of her comments. I agree that Ryan's stock has risen the past couple of weeks.
    Trying is the first step towards failure...

Achievements

I really don't think so Funky. They really tried to fake us out that she was going to choke this week when she was far from it. They just want to make things interesting and try not to make it as obvious that she's going to win.

Do you guys remember who was the biggest jerk and ass and hated by the majority of the house? Yep, J.D. He won! So I really don't think this is going to affect Dilana's chance at winning.

I agree that its probably just a editing tactic to make things more interesting. I just haven't really liked Dilana too much since the beginning, though I admit she has been very good almost every night. I didn't think Every Breath You Take was her finest moment though, and putting her name in the lyrics was a bit...weird...That said, I once again agree with you that Dilana and Lukas are front runners, though I think Magni deserves to be up there. Also Toby did sound very good with the band, and I think he has raised his chances lately. Storm seems to be falling out of contention. Of course all of this could still change.
    Trying is the first step towards failure...

Achievements

I still think the best has yet to come with Storm.

Seriously they better not be setting up Dilana for a fricking fall. Giving her a bad edit and then reaming her. They did this to Jordis last year (although not with a bad edit, they made her look like a confused idiot towards the end) and if EMB does it again I'm done with this show.

So who left? I missed it this wk!

ETA: Nvm, I just read in the minicaps that Patrice left. About damn time.

Go Ryan!! :D